PDA

View Full Version : ICAO Dispatcher License essential......

opsjockey
9th Mar 2011, 13:26
I see Rizon Jet are advertising for a Flight Dispatcher,One of the pre-requisits is

ICAO Dispatcher License essential...

Ive done some Googling and cannot find too much info in ICAO / JAA dispatch licenses...

Any advice?

sunshine010
13th Mar 2011, 08:18
Hi,

i guess they ment to say a worlwide cover dispatch license, not just only FAA or GCAA. Some countries issue those kind of licenses but it takes like 1 year to get the license. Its harder then a pilots course. Its not an FAA license, 3 weeks in Florida. Countries like Portugal and Spain usually have those courses in their flight schools and some as well i guess in Switzerland. Then you have the obvious schools, like Jeppesen etc i guess

Cheers

desertopsguy
15th Mar 2011, 00:49
Need to set a few things straight here...

There is no 'worldwide cover' dispatch licence.

FAA licence does not take 3 weeks, it takes 6.

Am curiouos to know what licence requires 1year of training unless it is some part time course.

An ICAO licence is one that where the course material and topics covered are those in accordance with the ICAO standard for flight operations officers.

Both FAA and GCAA fit that description; there is no JAA licence right now.

If you can't find information on google then you're not looking in the right places

www.sheffield.com (http://www.sheffield.com) and www.eufalda.org (http://www.eufalda.org) are good places to start.

no sig
15th Mar 2011, 09:07
Actually, DOG, I have heard of ICAO Doc. 7192-D3 courses which run for a year and longer, however they may have additional content insisted upon by the state carriers. Royal Jordanian courses were/are 6 months I think Monther told me once. I think I am correct in saying the LH Ops officers course used to run for a year, if not longer. I'd be interested to hear from others here on that topic who have been through it.

If you are really going to cover the subject well, then 6 weeks for the FAA license I'd say pushes it- depending on any pre study and homework levels. I'd estimate that the Doc. 7192 syllabus in a full time classroom environment would take at least 3 months to cover the materials. It might be practical experience requirements might have been included in the years course.

Hope all's well with you by the way...

5552N0426W
15th Mar 2011, 10:40
How you doin BB?

DL

Rick1982
15th Mar 2011, 19:01
AvTech2000 run a City & Guilds Airline Ops and Dispacth course based on Doc 7192 (Ops Officer Sylabus). Its distance learning so done at your own pace and is supposed to be approx 200 hours. 4 Hours per week for 12 months. This of course will all be based on your own knowledge and previous qulaifications. I think the FAA course is also supposed to last 200 hours.

6/12 Months full time sounds a lot, unless it also includes company specific training and 'on the job' training.