PDA

View Full Version : The PPRUNE military continuous attitude survey.

22/7 Master
8th Mar 2011, 17:19
This continuous attitude survey has been developed by MaD Whitehall to inform the government of the response by armed forces personnel to defence cuts, the reduction in redundancy allowance, reduction in pension benefits and reduction in take home pay.

All personnel are to choose the following option which closest applies to their viewpoint

a. The cuts did not go far enough and we would work for 50% less and don't need a pension.

b. We would work for 50% less, the cuts didn't go far enough and we dont need a pension.

c. Pensions are not required. I would work for half the amount I currently earn. The government should consider further cuts to the defence budget.

d. All of the above.

We hope that servicemen and women now feel that they have a voice and are not considering forming a union as a result of the Covenant being torn asunder (even though by quid pro quo this option is effectively open to them).

Pontius Navigator
8th Mar 2011, 17:21
You forgot the flying training options:

1. I would be happy learning to fly without pay.

2. I would be happy to pay to learn to fly.

mmitch
8th Mar 2011, 17:40
Sounds like a budget airline.:rolleyes:
mmitch.

Geehovah
8th Mar 2011, 17:42
Although I'm now retired could I add:

If I'm deployed on operations could you please cut my LOA even though my family still have to live in my deployed location.

If I move overseas can I subsidise the cost of the move?

If I'm attending a meeting could I please spend my own cash to bring the allowance up to what it costs for 3 square meals a day

minigundiplomat
8th Mar 2011, 17:53
If I require transport for a duty journey and find none available through MT, could you screw me around over my insurance cover for an extended period before informing me that I am liable for your costs.

Further, could you send me to the other end of the country to attend a course for the benefit of the service, then charge me for food and accommodation whilst there.

Also, could you gradually and without cessation, chisel away at my will to live, whilst professing to invest in me.

Really annoyed
8th Mar 2011, 17:57
chisel away at my will to live

Can you chisel a chiseler?

minigundiplomat
8th Mar 2011, 18:13
You tell me.....

Finningley Boy
8th Mar 2011, 18:21
And presumably the original options posed at the start of this thread come with the caviat that; if you refuse to select one of the four options, then you have effectively indicated that you are happy whatever happens!:uhoh:

FB:)

whowhenwhy
8th Mar 2011, 18:23
That was very diplomatic MGD! Expected a much more vitriolic response.

NutLoose
8th Mar 2011, 19:08
You forgot the flying training options:

1. I would be happy learning to fly without pay.

2. I would be happy to pay to learn to fly.

you would appear have missed off item 3 and 4 PN.

3. I would be happy to provide such aircraft as deemed fit for said flying training at my own expense and acknowledge the MOD / RAF are under no obligation to provide aircraft throughout my service career.

4. I would be happy to use my said flying skills to deliver any aircraft held on inventory to any specified location for disposal, scrapping or otherwise rendering unfit for further flight.

BTW they have now brought out a gift for Christnas for those you love in the MOD :ok:

Tinned odour of cow farts now on sale in Germany - Odd News | newslite.tv (http://newslite.tv/2011/03/08/tinned-odour-of-cow-farts-now.html)

Pontius Navigator
8th Mar 2011, 20:48
TY NL, most apt.

To which we might add,

If you require me for services overseas I shall make my own way there by the lowest cost budget airline. If I am awarded any frequent flyer bonus I shall donate this to Air Miles Andy or any other impoverished VIP or VVIP or XVIP.

sisemen
9th Mar 2011, 03:26
When I was in that particular part of MOD the Treasury would only react to significant changes/increases to flying pay once the retention rate became beyond critical.

Want to change conditions of service and increase pay and stop the buggering about with allowances/quality of life????

Fill in a PVR request pronto.

Whenurhappy
9th Mar 2011, 06:35
w. The removal of Representative Entertainment Allowance is welcomed so that my wife and I can entertain people that we don't really like on behalf of HMG, at our own expense.

x. I welcome the increased contribution for CEA as this will increase its unaffordability and therefore reduce the overall requirement.

y. The removal of biscuits and tea/coffee facilities for visitors to Main Building (sorry, Head Office) contributes materially to supporting 'our lads on the Malabar Front' (appologies to Orwell).

z. We welcome the provision of one barrack room wardrobe and no whitegoods for overseas furnished SFA.

I could go on, but I feel my life drifting away...

NUFC1892
9th Mar 2011, 09:06
Did any of you get selected to complete this year's AFCAS? I did. It is about 40 pages long and comes complete with a couple of covering letters telling you how important it is. One of the letters directs you to a web address where you can complete on line and throw the paper version in the bin. I completed on line :bored:, as most of the 3,000 selected probably would. Result = around 120,000 sheets of A4 in the bin.

Nice one MoD:D:D:D:D

Duncan D'Sorderlee
9th Mar 2011, 09:43
I got an e-mail asking me to complete the survey: I did. Then, the paper copy arrived in the post.:confused:

Duncs:ok:

VinRouge
9th Mar 2011, 10:09
I wonder how many proper military jobs they could save if they sacked the blunties responsible for administering this at MOD together with their London weightings?