PDA

View Full Version : Mexican license!! convert from JAA or FAA

Don Corleoni
8th Mar 2011, 16:17
Hello
I wonder if anyone here can give me information about license in Mexico. I'm currently holding an JAA license (CPL) and an FAA license (CPL).
Can I go to Mexico and fly there. If I get lucky then I will get a job in Mexico this coming sommer.
Will it be a problem or and what do I have to do?
Infact it has been difficult just to find the telephone nr to the CAA of Mexico.

So you guys and girls I would be very greatful if you please could give me information about this.

Best regards,
Don Corleoni

ClimbSequence
8th Mar 2011, 17:45
As far as I understand, you need to be born in Mexico to be elegible to work for a commercial operator

Don Corleoni
8th Mar 2011, 20:37
Well I can tell you that it is not a commercial operator. These flights are no pax flying.
But I¨m still waiting for an answer regarding this but I hope I will get positive one. Spending the sommer in Mexico and flying, **** how exciting.

Don Corleoni:D

rcl7700
9th Mar 2011, 04:25
Hello. I will PM you the email address of the only guy in DGAC who has any desire to help.

I don't think you will be able to fly Mexican registered aircraft for operations requiring a Commercial license or greater.

Buona fortuna!

Gulfstreamaviator
11th Mar 2011, 03:26
Does anyone know how to view a copy of the Mexican AIP, in English.

Click the "English" link on the web site and it does not help....

glf

MichaelCarrier
18th Mar 2011, 13:13
Hello, if it is possible, I would also like the contact information of the "only guy in DGAC who has any desire to help." I have a similar goal to Don Corleoni's.

Thank you

Don Corleoni
9th Apr 2011, 09:11
Now I finally got an answer from the "only" guy who knows something about mexican regulations.
In I dont like this answer, this must be illegal to denay people to convert foreign licenses to national, if you are not born in the country.

Here is at least the answer I got from this guy.

HELLO
WELL THE ANSWER IS NOT THE MEXICO REGULATION SAY THAT : ONLY MEXICANS BORN CAN GET COMERCIAL PILOT LICENSE TAHT MEANS THE MEXICAN AVIATION AUTHORITY CAN NOT CONVERT ANY LICENCE IF YOU DO NOT BORN AT MEXICO
SORRY FOR THAT BUT IS NOT :=POSSIBLE YOUOBTAIN MEXICAN LICENSE.

Bob Lenahan
12th Apr 2011, 18:38
You might not like his answer, you might think it's illegal, you might think many things. Fact is his info is absolutely correct, as are the other posts that say the same thing. Thing is, you see, Mexico is a highly nationalistic country that does not cater to foreigners (except tourists with money), which will constanly complain about what other countries are doing, while their own country does worse. However- good news. Do to the rampant and blatant corruption, you can go (usually in a small town) purchase a fake birth certificate that says anything you want. Problem is, when you get caught- you go to jail- not the issuer. Good luck.
Bob.

Obepilot
23rd Oct 2012, 07:24
Hello, can you give me the email of the guy that can help me with this as well? I am looking to transfer my faa to dgac. I was born in Mexico, thank you! You can email me at [email protected]