PDA

View Full Version : Air Baltic: The Atpl Questions

debs
8th Mar 2011, 15:11
Hi,
Anybody who has done the Air Baltic assessment recently?
I would like to cross check the ATPL questions that I have (and received in the assessment that I undertook April 2010,) with more recent ones.
Any one so kind to contact me and I can send what I have via private?
THANKS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

papa_petje
8th Mar 2011, 15:35
Dear Debs,

I have seen your post. Do you have an appointment with them also? Maybe we can help each other. I have been invited there on the 12th of April and I know which kind of questions to expect as a lot of my friends went there for an interview and some of them passed the selection for the Q400.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Saludos,

Patrick

samca
8th Mar 2011, 20:03
Hi gays,

I just recieve today this mail

Dear Sir,

We have received Your application for position in airBaltic Corporation.

To proceed Your application, please submit following documents via e-mail.

Please name them according numbers in the list:
(for example: 1_ATPL; 2_medical; 7_logbook_1; 7_logbook_2; 7_logbook_3; 9_passport; 11_refernce_1; 11_reference_2)
1.valid ICAO or JAR-FCL ATPL or CPL pilot license with IR and multi-engine ratings
2.valid aviation medical
3.radio telephony license, if applicable
4.level 4 English language proficiency or/and statement from National CAA that at least English Level 4 has been granted when appropriate entry in the license is missing (e.g. UK license cases)
5.completed ATPL theory certificate with evidences of passed ATPL examinations (if applicable)
6.completed MCC
7.last 3 pages from logbook
8.photo
9.copy of passport
10.FCEA form (attached)
11.professional reference(s)
12. resume – CV (Curriculum Vitae)

Thank you!

Best regards,
airBaltic Corporation
Human Resources Department

Do you think that it means something? or this is just for all the people that apply?

thanks

papa_petje
8th Mar 2011, 21:11
Hola Samca,

Ofcourse it means something! They are asking you for your information in order to proceed with your application! As soon as you send them all the requested info they will invite you to one of their assesment's days in Riga!

I hope I cleared any doubt you had!

Saludos,

Patrick

samca
8th Mar 2011, 22:35
Thank you,

Let see if they invite me to the assestment... Anyway I'm also interested in all the relevant info about the tests, psicological test, simulator...

I've Just finished the Type rating in A320 and I see that they do not operate Airbus. Any idea what aré they looking for??, i have more than 2500 hours, 1000 plus on Corporate jets.

I've Just send them all the documents, crossing my fingers.

papa_petje
8th Mar 2011, 23:48
Hi Samca,

Currently they operate the 737 but they are going to replace them with A319/320. At the moment they are recruting for the Q400 but lets say it's a start .... you get in and afterwards you can move to the other fleet.

anotherone
9th Mar 2011, 10:23
Hi Samca,

I received this email, too. I have been told that in the past this was a sure sign you would get an interview date, but now it seems this is no longer the case. After having sent all the requested documents I got a standard rejection email, as did many of my friends at this stage of the application. Apparently they currently prefer slightly older pilots with a lot of turboprop hours.
We highly appreciate your experience but after careful consideration we have decided to pursue other options for coming positions.

Still, best of luck to you!

samca
9th Mar 2011, 16:31
Well,

Yesterday I sent an email with the documents and here is the answer. when do you think I will be call for the interview?? cheers

Dear .....,

Thank You for Your documentation, we will archive them and with Your permission submit in stand by pool, as You are perspective Pilot candidate and we would like to contact You as soon there will be new vacancy for Airbus.

Kind regards,

Baltic Airline Services Limited filiāle Latvijā
airBaltic Cooperation
HR Department

camargo
9th Mar 2011, 17:26
Hi,
Some who has done the Air Baltic assessment? I would like to receive information on testing of the interview, questions ATPL, SIM, personal interview .... I have an interview in April and I'm a bit lost, so if you send me a private I will really appreciate it.

If i find questions about the interview, the simulator or whatever I'll let you know.

A greeting and good flights.

pilot_FI
10th Mar 2011, 04:16
Hi,

I actually got the same answer than Samca about 3 months ago. Still waiting....

Griego
10th Mar 2011, 09:08
a strange answer: "as soon there is a new vacancy for airbus"
Are they really trying to keep you in a pool during years? not really fair
If you want a job, you want it in weeks, not in years...
:ugh:
anyway going down there on the 14th, we'll see what happens...

samca
10th Mar 2011, 09:52
Whyduring years? When they expect to add A320 to their fleet?

dan1165
10th Mar 2011, 09:59
Samca , which corporate jet did you fly ?

Aquafina1
10th Mar 2011, 10:00
They haven't even decided yet:
Air Baltic considering 737NGs, A320s for fleet renewal | ATW Online (http://atwonline.com/aircraft-engines-components/news/air-baltic-considering-737ngs-a320s-fleet-renewal-0309)

Even if they do decide on 320s I reckon you could be waiting for ages.

samca
10th Mar 2011, 11:16
I flew a Citation 550.

So they have not decide what aircraft going to operate and are they doing a selection of pilots for Airbus 320?,
It is a bit rare all this history.

samca
10th Mar 2011, 11:21
The carrier is aiming for new aircraft deliveries to start by the end of 2013/early 2014

Ohhh my God, I could be waiting a long time I´m afraid...:sad:

Aquafina1
10th Mar 2011, 11:24
"So they have not decide what aircraft going to operate and are they doing a selection of pilots for Airbus 320?"
It is a bit rare all this history."

I dunno about that mate, if you look at this link airBalticPeople (http://recruite.airbaltic.com/)
It doesn't mention anything about 320s there, just Capts/FO on Q400 and pilots in general i.e no minimum requirements just fATPL...unless you were contacted by an agency or something regarding 320 recruitment.

samca
10th Mar 2011, 12:19
The mail comes from the recruitment department, not an agency.

Michele83vi
11th Mar 2011, 15:18
Hi Guys,

I've been invited for the assessment on 13th of April in Riga...any help for the ATPL questions???

happy landings!!!

Defooz
11th Mar 2011, 16:48
Hi y´all
I´m going next wednesday to the assesment, I´ll keep you informed.
1200h TT
980h Turboprop

diarmuid8
16th Mar 2011, 18:02
I was there last Monday, 14th.
I passed and got called for the next stage from the HR lady today.
Just a summary of what I can remember for people who are attending in the future:

There were 6 of us for assessment on Monday. All for Q400 FO.
The first thing to do is fill out the psychological questions, answer true or false to each question, if I recall there were 370q.
In the mean time we were taken in pairs for the tech interview. He was a friendly guy, a Capt on the 737. I was asked about; drift down procedure, LVP take off minima, CAT II minima, comms failure. My colleague was asked some altimetry questions, QFE to QNH, on an approach to an airfield where the temp is -30c by what factor do you increase the DH on approach etc. There may have been a few more questions but I can't remember sorry.
Then, back upstairs to complete the psych. stuff.

The sim: We were in Copenhagen. My colleague flew first he had, a normal T/O straight ahead to FL070, no SID. Once leveled off a turn DCT to a VOR and establish on an outbound radial. After that vectors to an ILS, go-around, No.2 engine failure. It was something like that I can't remember exactly to be honest.
Then it was my turn, I didn't get a take off, just took over controls at 3000ft, one steep turn at 30degrees and one at 45degrees, ILS apch, go around, no. 1 engine failure, vectors to another ILS, became visual well above mins but I f***ed up, became unstable and so did a go around, then positioned on another ILS, still single engine and landed off this one. Finished! I'd say we flew for about 25mins each. Neither of us were rated on the 73 nor had any jet experience, maybe tougher if you have either.

Then the ATPL Q's. I honestly can't remember the exact questions, I mean I remember both papers (25Q each) covered lots of subjects with no particular one standing out, it was really general. I put a good bit of work into Ops. in my preparation as I read somewhere there were Ops questions asked but there weren't any in both my two papers :ugh:
I guess they use different papers maybe. I used aviationtire.com and it was helpful.
All in all, good atmosphere, friendly people and a really good training centre building/set up.
Rumors of Dash 8 ratings starting in April and another in mid May in either Stockholm or Toronto.
Good luck to anyone else who is going.

pilotroll
8th Apr 2011, 22:24
I will be going a few days after you so any help will be great!!!!! Thanks alot!!:ok:

captainsuperstorm
9th Apr 2011, 06:20
congrat V1rotate, you have been selected in the selection pool, wooow:}

these companies are pathetic:yuk:!

Boss022
14th May 2011, 16:50
I was interviewed one year ago, and I can tell you that the questions on latestpilotjobs are really accurate.