PDA

View Full Version : The Olympics are coming...

Not Long Now
7th Mar 2011, 20:33
and the preliminary details of the restrictions are at Primary airspace restrictions for south-east England (http://olympics.airspacesafety.com/)
Thou shalt not.....

fireflybob
7th Mar 2011, 20:48
You really wonder whether this is a trial run for some permanent restricted airspace in the south east.

UK plc has quite a track record of introducing things on a "trial" basis and then as the "trial" was so "successful" it's extended for a further six months ad infinitum.

The tree huggers and the do-gooders, not to mention HMG "protecting citizens" must be jumping for joy - and they can blame it all on the Olympic games which hardly anyone wants anyway and which we can hardly afford.

Orwell must be looking down from the heavens laughing his socks off!

scr1
7th Mar 2011, 21:06
so how does that effect LCY, must be inside the no fly zone, LHR must be close to it as well are they just going to close them down??? or what??

Roffa
7th Mar 2011, 21:23
scr1, try reading it.

BOAC
7th Mar 2011, 21:24
so how does that effect LCY, must be inside the no fly zone, LHR must be close to it as well are they just going to close them down??? or what?? - have you read the link in post #1? LHR and LCY should operate almost as normal I would think.

Wycombe
7th Mar 2011, 21:46
....looks like a CTR centred on EGLF, which will also take in EGLK, so remind me how does that work at an airfield operating with an AFIS?

Roffa
7th Mar 2011, 22:06
Wycombe, no doubt by a Letter of Agreement. There are already airfields operating in such circumstances, think EGTF, EGLM, EGLD etc.

Don't however confuse the temporary CAS for Olympic movements and the temporary prohibited and restricted airspace.

scr1
8th Mar 2011, 06:48
roffa,boac

you are right i did not click on that link, i am stupid :ugh::ugh:

Akrotiri bad boy
8th Mar 2011, 10:00
Any plans for air ops/restrictions around HMS Osprey as was?