PDA

View Full Version : Copy & past into private website

papinade
7th Mar 2011, 12:04
Dear all,

Every day for work I copy bits of words documents into a private website.

Today, when I logged on, I couldn't even click my cursor into the text space on the website. It was as if the whole thing was "locked".

I get the feeling as though my settings have changed. The problem occurs on both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Any ideas how I can get back to copying and pasting again without any problems?

Thank you!!

James

BOAC
7th Mar 2011, 17:27
Website URL would help!

Airborne Aircrew
7th Mar 2011, 18:32
Why don't you contact the web site you are trying to copy and paste into... It's quite likely their problem or one they know of and can help you with.

jcjeant
11th Mar 2011, 00:25
Hi,

I get the feeling as though my settings have changedMaybe it's the settings (permissions) of the other site are changed.
It's possible to forbid a copy from a website. (text and images)

Mike-Bracknell
11th Mar 2011, 07:32
Have you checked whether the site you're copying from is copyrighted information? It's possible the site owner has cottoned onto the fact you're performing copyright infringement and has changed their site accordingly.

BOAC
11th Mar 2011, 07:52
err.....has ANYONE apart from me read the title and line 2 of post #1?:ugh:

Mike-Bracknell
11th Mar 2011, 11:08

Yes, and I considered deleting my post as a result, but thought it was a good aide-memoire for people copying and pasting willy-nilly that it should stay :)

Airborne Aircrew
11th Mar 2011, 15:50

Errr... Yes. Did you comprehend what was written?

Hint: Private doesn't mean it's his.

mike-wsm
13th Mar 2011, 18:49
Every day for work I copy bits of words documents into a private website.

We need a little more explanation of this. When I enter anything into my local website I move new documents into my local webspace and add links from other pages to them. Updating my online website is similar but I open an ftp window to my host server first.

Are you working this way? Or are you perhaps updating one Word document which is already there and linked? Who originally created this document and provided you with access?

I rather suspect the answer lies more with the way that your company computer system works and this is all tied up with saying the right prayers in dutiful worship of your helpdesk ape/monkey/chimpanzee/otherinhumanbeing.