PDA

View Full Version : How long have you been unemployed?

vdaff
7th Mar 2011, 07:47
I know there are many Indian pilots like me out here without a job. Just want to see how long you guys are waiting for your first job. Next month marks my 3 years without a job..:ugh:

t.a
7th Mar 2011, 07:53
I am on my second year, just crossed first last month :(

Stallone
7th Mar 2011, 09:37
how did you guys survive without daily jobs?

jackcarls0n
7th Mar 2011, 09:44
Stallone, the Call centers help i guess..i have few indian buddies working for some of them.

I got a job after 9 months of coming back home though. But well not Indian citizen so doesnt matter i guess. But Indian Origin if that counts.

vdaff
7th Mar 2011, 09:48
I am actually working now but for a very low pay. I got a few friends who in the BPOs

t.a
7th Mar 2011, 16:19
No part time job as well:suspect: But i do have strong feeling that working part time in other aspects might weaken the motivation towards the right seat. i don't think parents would consider it a burden to feed us for another year or so, and if dedicated to wards the goal i think we might be successful. I got few friends of mine with similar category as discussed above, who after DGCA licence got into a BPO, later with 4-5 months experience got into GE(Money) a bpo which paid them a good amount and the shifts were so convenient that they decided to pursue B.com in regular college, and after one year almost all of them had left over with couple of subjects, now i hope u get the conclusion. If that was the life they wanted, they might have thought before spending on flying about their parents money and ironically one of them i remembered posting about not getting a job in the Indian aviation on this forum. now after reading their stories should i think they are justifying in what they are asking? because of their uncertainty in decisions they made.

aerorrancio
7th Mar 2011, 16:25
from 2007 and with nothing opportunities to pay type rating and only 215 hrs and waiting a chance, i have faith in god.:ok:
my future will be better i feel it.

t.a
7th Mar 2011, 16:28
@ aerorrancio I like your spirit :ok: