PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Cargo Rumours (early 2011)

zekeigo
7th Mar 2011, 06:57
New thread old news.
It seems like nothing have changed in Singcargo along 2010, perhaps only the office location.
Brunei is taking over control with the inexperienced management and LIP fellas.
The company stalled the talking’s with their pilots and is not going anywhere regarding improving TC’s.
The only guy making money is RL, with the hard work of his servants.
The future is dark as many of the last remaining experienced captains are leaving soon.
The FDAP events are at its highest levels and the chance for a more serious incident is around the corner.
Heads up guys and fly safe.
Good luck
:bored:

Arkdriver744
7th Mar 2011, 08:44
When are you leaving Z? Got any offers?

zekeigo
7th Mar 2011, 15:23
Leaving as soon as I can get hold of part of my money, the rest will be in SIN with the IRAS anyways.
Life in Singapore is very difficult working for Sincargo. The short time back home is to hear family complaints and to try to recover for the next trip.
The money is not enough to have a decent lifestyle and a large part of it goes back to their hands.
They are very smart finding ways to keep you and your family in Singapore, changing days off and not giving any travel privileges.
When you start topping up your expenses with your savings it’s time to leave.
Depending on age, there are many opportunities out there offering much better TC’s.
China Cargo, Asiana and KAL are hiring and the pasture is greener there comparing to SIAC.
Good luck

msian1147
7th Mar 2011, 16:25
i applied for FO position a few months back, with no reply..

i didnt really meet the requirements, as i only have 200+ hrs under my belt..

are they still hiring?

etops777
7th Mar 2011, 17:04
msian1147

with only 200+ hours you won't have a chance.

msian1147
8th Mar 2011, 01:19
what if 1500 hrs on GA flying?

or does it have to be explicitly airline operations?

Patty747400
8th Mar 2011, 01:46
msian1147

Just look at the SIA Cargo website:

B747-400 First Officers ( Local Terms)
Applicants should have:
- At least a total of 1500 hours on commercial jets

Left Coaster
8th Mar 2011, 03:09
Hijack alert! Back to the thread topic...sounds as if the only good days are long gone! 2007 and 2008 were pretty good, there was a very nice profit share awarded, but those was the last good years. Some work was done with the rosters to see if they could be made somewhat reasonable, but it looks like that's over as well...Are they still flying long duty days with one Capt and two FO's and calling it an augment? It mostly made Captains chuckle..sarcastically of course, great for the FO's who could grab some bunk time, but the best any guy in the left seat could expect was a quick snooze in his seat...sorry to hear it's slipped from a great job to just a job... period. :D

Arkdriver744
8th Mar 2011, 04:03
That just about sums up SIAC now LC. HR are driving a coach and horses through any reasonable interpretation of terms and conditions and the spineless managers in Flight Ops are just standing back and letting it happen.

The way HR are dragging their heels over Service Increment which was last paid in 2008 is a disgrace but they dont give a toss so the only choice is to either suck it up or resign. I'm resigning.

Morale is very very bad. Crew are reporting at reporting time and the bottom line will soon start to suffer. But ya reap what you sow and HR have planted a whole field of crap.

Callsign Kilo
18th Apr 2011, 15:57
Ohh dear, that is a shame. Thought it would have been a decent job, however Singapore Cargo must be extremely different than Singapore Airlines? Can anyone there at the minute expand upon what is being said? What is the salary for an FO, roster etc. How long is the average trip away from SIN? Supposedly life in Singapore is very expensive, with no allowances for accomadation or children's education provided by the company?

Just thought I would get a clearer perspective of the current situation before I scrub it from my list entirely. Thank you.

a345xxx
18th Apr 2011, 23:02
Have a number of friends in SIAC... Not ONE of them has anything good to say about the place! I say stay away!

alwaysflyinverted
19th Apr 2011, 03:57
thats why people are flocking back?

zekeigo
26th Apr 2011, 16:52
Indian Pilots with Fake licences...
Uhhh, Now I understand why it is so difficult for these guys to fly an airplane...:O, and there's more coming.
Good luck

Fubaliera
6th May 2011, 13:01
Anybody done a interview with them recently, Just wondering what the sim eval/interview process is like to best prepare. Yes I have heard all the complaints, but im stuck in the middle east and need to get out asap.
Thanks for any replies in advance

OneTwoTree
14th May 2011, 06:41
Hello there. Recently got an invite to the interview. Would be very grateful if someone that has experienced it before perhaps share with me the profile and any advice that would help. Thanks a ton!