PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATP helicopter school in Europe

Heli Driver
7th Mar 2011, 06:28
Hi

I would like to know if any of you know any school in europe that can do the FAA ATP.

Epiphany
7th Mar 2011, 06:34
Your local Primary school could help you out with the academic content for the FAA ATP or failing that just read the book, memorise the questions and take the exam at Flight Safety Farnborough where the exams are held on a regular basis.

Heli Driver
7th Mar 2011, 06:45
Oh sorry, I had my commercial about three years ago in the US and now I want to do my ATP in europe. The written test is no problem.

HillerBee
7th Mar 2011, 07:01
You don't need a school for that. Any FAA CFII could do that. Where are you looking, in the UK Tim Price could do it and there's also a FAA examiner in the UK.

Heli Driver
10th Mar 2011, 04:40
Thanks for replying
Epiphany I googled flight safety and got the information about the test.
HellerBee, do you have any contact info for Tim.
My problem is with the school, I called different schools all of them said they don't do FAA.
Any school in any place in Europe is OK. It's better if they have B206.

rick1128
10th Mar 2011, 13:38
I would do the written just as quickly as you can as there was a rumor going around at HeliExpo that the FAA will be changing the written and the availability of the test material.

Also the FAA does not care what helicopter you do your training and checkride in as long as the machine is capable of doing all the required maneuvers. So you could do it in an IFR equip R22 or H300.

hihover
10th Mar 2011, 14:43
Heli-Driver,

You will need an Instrument Rating in order to be eligible for upgrading your Commercial to an ATP. It is not clear from your posts above that you already have that.

I'm sure you've already looked at FARs Part 61.153 to check your "entry" requirements.

I found the best ground study options were computer based and I purchased the Dauntless IR and ATP study modules. They worked fine for me.

I obviously don't know your situation, however, it may be worth considering a trip to the US. You could do the ground study in the meantime and if you are up to it, knock the flight requirements out inside a week in the US. This presumes, of course, that you meet all the eligibility requirements and flight experience.

I hope this helps.

Tam

HillerBee
10th Mar 2011, 15:55
Heli-Hover (http://www.helihover.co.uk/AboutContact.html)

Tim Price