PDA

View Full Version : Have i been told a BullS..T??

matcv88
6th Mar 2011, 09:59
Hi guys just a small question about something that i was told from an actual pilot but for me cannot be true.
He told me that there are some companies in Europe but especially in the middle east that if you hold a PPL after passing some tests offer you a program that will train you for ATPL theory/CPL/ME IR/MCC and then a work contract with them.
Is that any place in the world where this could happen???
Thanks guys

Denti
6th Mar 2011, 10:42
Well, MPL isn't far off the mark there. However, even the PPL phase is done inhouse there, at least for our cadets.

Piltdown Man
6th Mar 2011, 20:34
Just PM me with your name as it appears on your credit card, your credit card number, its start and expiry dates and the last three digits on the signing strip and I'll send you a full list of every airline that offers this fantastic opportunity.

MarkerInbound
6th Mar 2011, 22:03
Lufthansa does it. Make their own pilots inhouse. They don't even have the PPL to start.

Piltdown Man
6th Mar 2011, 22:27
Lufthansa? Are you totally sure about this? I believe the only ones now coughing up are some African & Asian airlines. The beancounters in the West have decided that this is a cost they can avoid. To date, they have proved correct. But should there ever be a shortage, they'll have a little bit of explaining to do to the boss about how they have run out of pilots. Loyalty works both ways.

zondaracer
7th Mar 2011, 09:14
Lufthansa does the MPL now?? Aaaargh
Lufthansa Flight Training - Ab initio (http://www.lufthansa-flight-training.com/web/guest/cockpit/ab_initio)

Piltdown Man
7th Mar 2011, 10:52
Yes, but who pays?

PM

zondaracer
7th Mar 2011, 12:23
it is now self sponsored, runs around €60000. i think the company sponsored went away awhile back

Denti
7th Mar 2011, 17:18
Lufthansa was at least partways self sponsored for more than 10 years now. However the terms are really great and there is no upfront money required by the cadet. There was a time between 1997 and 2000 or so when the training was only possible completely self-sponsored, cost was around 80k € back then.

Air Berlin now uses a similar strategy after the first few courses had to cough up the money (60k as well) upfront it runs now through the company with no upfront money or bank-security needed by the cadet. Both train to MPL standard which includes a type rating on the entry level aircraft (usually 737 or A320) and of course the supervision phase.

No prior experience required, however for each successful student there are around 500 to 1000 that do not get through the application process. There is no second chance for the abinitio training with Lufthansa, there is for Air Berlin after a waiting period.

cefey
7th Mar 2011, 17:43
Emirates got one as well. But for most of this programs you need to know "country-language" fluently and like in case with emirates, you need to be UAE citizen.

Jerry Lee
7th Mar 2011, 19:00
Turkish has its own flight academy, too.