PDA

View Full Version : Spicejet Written test Makes the news

cyrilroy21
4th Mar 2011, 17:12
GURGAON: The aviation industry is doing well if you go by the number of trainees taking the pilot recruitment test scheduled to be held by a private airline today.

Around 310 trainee pilots are working hard to crack the recruitment test organized by the airline in Gurgaon, of which 75 will be finally hired.

Candidates have paid around Rs 20,000 to appear for the recruitment test. The selected candidates, will be given a six month training before the final induction into the Spice Jet airline.

This is good news for upcoming pilots in a city that has over 3000 jobless trainee pilots with Commercial Pilot License (CPL) issued by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation. After a lean period, the aviation job market is slowly bouncing back on track with many of the airlines planning massive fleet expansion.

One of the candidates shared, I have been trying to get a job in the airlines ever since I got my CPL in India last year. But because of recession there was no hiring and I am still looking for a job, he said.

310 trainee pilots to appear for recruitment test - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/gurgaon/310-trainee-pilots-to-appear-for-recruitment-test/articleshow/7622728.cms)

bayblade
4th Mar 2011, 17:23
and there was a time when we were asked to pay 20k towards our training on type!!:ouch::ouch::\

emb145gearslinger
4th Mar 2011, 20:29
Indians must not be very smart. Flight schools are loaded with scores of Indian students. Why do you guys keep shelling out your life savings or your families when there are literally thousands of jobless cpl holders on the streets? They must have some really shiny sales brochures over there.

aadityaslg
5th Mar 2011, 02:40
Only 310??
How did they select those guys?
What about the other 5000!

jackcarls0n
5th Mar 2011, 03:59
That gotta be the most expensive test fee ever. A checkride for CPL costed less i guess.

Anyway, well something is out there.

But it would be better if airline came up with a different to the point info:

Like CPL holders who can afford to pay 20K for wrtitten test, another 25 k for aptitude, another 20lac for type rating only apply. That would be a better thing to ask then any thing else.

And why do the guys in india shell out so much. Its coz they have a lot of money. Trust me or not out of those 5000 unemployed, 90% would have a lotta money. If all of them chipped in they could start up a hefty airline. (Blackmoney, good business, etc).

But the ones who really opted out thinkng its a good career etc. It is sad for them. Taking loans, spending all the saving etc. I remember going to a flying club north of delhi and the Chief Instructor told me that to be a pilot always make sure you have :

i) have a plan B

ii) make sure you have a rich dad

If not then u can have a very hard time.

Anyway, Sj hiring 75 out of 310. Thats good. Good luck to all of them.

SeniorEagle
5th Mar 2011, 04:59
If they are actually hiring 75, it is good news:D for all.