PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this R44?

pitot212
4th Mar 2011, 10:37
Just read in the El PAIS.com that two Germany pilots have been apprehended by the Guardia Civil near Almaria Spain for transporting 400kgs of hachís from Morocco.

Interceptado un helicóptero con droga en Cádiz

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo180/Bigmac103/Operacion_antidroga.jpg

Interceptado un helicóptero con droga en Cádiz · ELPAÍS.com (http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espana/Interceptado/helicoptero/droga/Cadiz/elpepuespand/20110303elpepunac_13/Tes)

jimvegan
4th Mar 2011, 11:57
Sounds way out of weight and balance limits

Exo.
4th Mar 2011, 12:15
No Jim, it kept them high

eivissa
4th Mar 2011, 12:42
Pilots initials from another article:
- R. T.
- G. J. D.

skadi
4th Mar 2011, 15:07
According to some other german news they flew at night without positionlights, flightplan in a helicopter with very low noise signature....( silent mode? :E )

skadi

John R81
4th Mar 2011, 18:53
Low noise signature ..... That picture...... Air wolf was an R44???? :eek:

Aucky
4th Mar 2011, 21:50
I knew i left it somewhere.... :ooh:

chipmunkwg350
19th Mar 2011, 23:57
Those 'Silly chaps' running a school had known the two german pilots for many months ( As I did) who had a very plausable cover of exporting Olive Oil to their old and establshed family firm in Germany...and were doing their commercial and instructor ratings....and were actually really nice non drinking , polite young men....from a good family background....after months of hiring the R44 supposedly to survey the Olive farms ...they were arrsed for the drug bust...it was a bombshell for the school owners who had worked for two years to get their school off the ground and were just about to see a little success when this happened ...possibly bankrupting them......they had no way of knowing this as all schools in southern Europe just like Uk rent out aircraft and after time trust fully the client...especially these guys who were excellent pilots and had built up over 200 hours....
They face 10 to 15 years in a Spanish Hellhole , incredibly stupid ....thrown away their whole life.
The School owners will get the R44 back but will take some more time until after the sentence...and maybe too late to save their business.....

norunway
20th Mar 2011, 11:03
Machine is from Algarve helicopters.

BlueWhiteSky
20th Mar 2011, 11:31
In a german forum reg. mentioned as "G-OCON".