PDA

View Full Version : New MAS Director of Operations

patthecat
3rd Mar 2011, 17:18
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the name of the new Director of (Flight) Operations is called at Malaysian Airlines? I understand Captain Mohammed Azharuddin Osman left for another role...

Thanks in advance.

patthecat
3rd Mar 2011, 19:11
Hi Iphomali,

Can you please tell me where i can find out the new DFO's name as i cant seem to find it anywhere. The new DFO seems to have began his position in the last few weeks.

Thanks in advance.

ipohmali
4th Mar 2011, 05:02
super ranger #1 Isham Ismail is now the DFO. Azzaro remains the SDO. Hope that satisfies your deep interest.

Cabair351
4th Mar 2011, 10:36
Thanks for the info.

Telur Belacan
6th Mar 2011, 23:45
Ha ha like those days when yogi bear, 001 and rabbit tooth Mapa show in the 80's with larry in mgmt then jun scling up the ladder later. History repeating itself in anothe guise:{

So when is "am ' getting latoship? Seems like that latoship goes with the territory.

Amitabh Belacan
8th Mar 2011, 03:18
latoship? Aiya, easy to get mah...just do some " favour " for some sultan and wallah, you will be rewarded with some 3rd class latoship. However for the new dfo, it may present some " kesulitan " during the investiture; the ? who gets the " datin " title ? ada dua mentua to be rewarded with datin offspring lah.:hmm:

babasinkeh
8th Mar 2011, 04:29
Aiya machang, don't you two sound like kera kena belacan! Lay off the poor sod, he is the lesser of evils if you may. Not much to look forward to but like all things in bolehland, it is just a choice of the lesser of evils to avoid a headlong plunge into the cesspit.

gerago
9th Mar 2011, 06:18
Easy one; one can be " leading datin " the other just " datin ". Then with the enhanced status as dfo there will be a coterie of bohsia datin wannabes; so how about senior chief datin, chief datin , so on and so forth.:D

Sampan Angkasa
9th Mar 2011, 07:59
Now, now. I thought super ranger # 1 was Mat Seth! Also this wrong info is sure gonna ruffle some feathers!

nasree
10th Mar 2011, 22:20
Ya Mat Seth was the commander and " Am " was the " co-captain ' in the super ranger flight which boeing launched to tickle tajuddin ramli's jubur as he was due to be conned! Then the presidentship of IATA to boot. How easy for the yankees to inflate the egos of the kampung dungus to set up MAS for the kill!

mokham
12th Mar 2011, 17:38
Isn't the new dfo the chap who tried to get the instructors and AEs to fix up the then copilot ****? He had issues with the copilot's attitude towards him ( he was fleet captain then ) and had tried to " disciplined " the poor chap. The frustrated F/O inadvertently let loose a remark that " capt. so & so should discipline his own prick before trying to discipline me " obviously referring to the fleet capt who was then two timing his wife. So the then fleet captain got his yellow bellied training capts & AEs to ostracise the young fellow.:ouch::{

Mat Sapu
23rd Mar 2011, 17:59
Not been keeping up with developments in MAS; so " Zul Shaari's nephew finally made it to near the top! Bravo, despite all the posturing and " humility ". Way to go! Mamak kutty will be sure proud of another kedahan made good!

So where does smoothie zuraidie move to if azzaro still SDO?

Paishinel
4th Apr 2011, 00:26
Has smooth operator zur been sidelined or maybe kiv-ed for SDOship when azzaro retires? And 'am is zul sharie's nephew? Wow, no wonder he has been bred all these years for the position.....bypassing the poor seniors even for simple stuff like fleet upgrades?

a345xxx
4th Apr 2011, 00:57
Well Camel did it as well!!! Anyway..... Malaysia1Boleh!!!:ok::ok::ok:

tarmaruddeen
4th Apr 2011, 01:47
Mamak kutty will be sure proud of another kedahan made good!

Please get it right; mahathir sikander kutty is NOT A MAMAK. He is a KAKA ( a keralite malayali muslim ) A amak is a Tamil Muslim!

True, the kedahans rule when the kaka pulls the cables!

Mat Kilau
4th Apr 2011, 08:22
Mamak, kaka WHATEVER, semuanya ULAR!

As for the new DFO, smoothie operator zur was sidelined and asked to make way for 'am......this should tell you a lot! AO79E rules!

San Pedro
5th Apr 2011, 01:15
Many years ago an ex MAS skipper advised me to steer clear of 'am's way unless I want to be a subservient arse licker. Of course I wondered why as I thought he was the nicest management captain around; he told me " api dalam serkam ". I begged to differ and I hope I am right.

I learnt of some unpleasnt stuff like his bypassing others on his way to the top.....isn't that what all top people do to rise up? Having said that, the skipper who warned me was right in one prediction; he said he knew am will one day supplant all others to reach the top....................this has borne out!

gerago
6th Apr 2011, 04:30
True, in the 90's am was the blue eye boy of RAT and Dr Con who was asked by the powers to be to protect am and nicky whoselan at all cost to ensure their ascent to the top. Am bypassed several seniors when RAT connived with the infamous mapa prez lato g string ( of the jet airways recruitment in malaysia and MH 653 hijack thread ) to lanch him onto the A330 and B777 programmes. Mapa then was the pilots' own worst enemy.

FlyByWire1
6th Apr 2011, 10:57
Ha..ha..ha..MAPA boleh...Hidup MAPA..Hidup MALAYSIA 1 AIRLINE:}

angelgabriel
6th Apr 2011, 13:31
Hi Guys,

Anyone knw about Mas Kargo and Mas being split into diff companies ?

Will Mas Kargo be taking their own pilots ?

Tks.

Mat Sapu
7th Apr 2011, 20:44
Just heard that nicky whoselan is being investigated for CBT and had been asked to resign...can anyone confirm this?

Years ago during meetings with Dr Con and other divisional heads, Am and whoselan never failed to impress with their " melayu baru " credentials. I remember asking one of their contemporaries whether this was true; he said ruefully " this is as good as it gets, you MAS guys has to live with it...errrr, I am jumping ship! " Some time later, I saw the writing on the wall as Am's sidekicks made inroads into MAPA ( the same flying school class curse....think about the past Australian flying school curse in MAS, MCKK curse on bolehland etc ), I too jumped ship!

bungacengkeh
9th Apr 2011, 01:50
Why the angst about Capt. Am? He is generally well liked. Maybe he did complain about a certain MAPA prez charging into his office, planting himself on the chair with feet up and puffing away Al Capone style; but then that MAPA clown was surely way out of line. Is this all pay back?

nasree
11th Apr 2011, 23:31
I can only offer this advice to the new DFO...bertaubatlah. You are now in a position where you can atone for the injustices of the system that brought you to the top. I know that some of those injustice was none of your deliberate doing but the result of " scheming " of certain quarters and also of the powers that be. However you can do a lot to undo some of the damage........as the result of your bypassing others, some were really left disillusioned by the whole MAS promotional set up that they just up and left. We really lost some good talents; unambitious people who are no threat to anyone but who can really add to MAS super talent pool by their mere presence. I know personally of a few towering individuals who harbour no threat to your postion but were so cheesed off by the conniving tricks of your group of batch mates that they just left...believe me, their mere presence would have added great sense of professionalism and unquestionable competence as well as integrity to our ranks of Malaysian Airlines aviators! Do the right thing!

inderaputra
12th Apr 2011, 00:40
Ahhh, for nicki whoselan it's been long time coming. Se pandai pandainya tupai melompat akhirnya ke tanah juga. Why don't people just get it?

As for izham, nasree is right. He has the chance to set things right but like our political masters, he will be constrained by vested interests all around him. I remember the days when yusof nasir was besieged with computer spreadsheets showing him all the great savings and advantages of being a hero if he stuck to plan put forth the the present set of cronies now propping up 'am. So the A330 boys made a quantumleap frogging over their seniors. This was a small part of the bigger inane plans of the earlier ketuanism that had let to the talent drain.

rajamuda
13th Apr 2011, 10:30
I fully agree with wise old nasree; do something to atone for past injustices.

Many suns ago in my younger days as trainee f/o on the B734 I almost fell by the wayside. My fellow Melayu instructors gave up on me; I was allowed some last chance before being washed out. A young non Malay instructor took me under his wings ( I think the superiors pushed me to him, hoping that he would chop me off for good so taking the blame of washing out a young Malay talent ). Miraculously he showed me the ropes, refusing to give up on me sitting through the short night stops in KCH, KUA, BKI and MYY to bring me up to minimum standards to qualify for final line check. Thanks to his guidance and common sense approach to flying, I almost aced my final check much to the amazement of the TRE; but my interview even after my good performance in the final line check was a near disaster. I was pilloried, trashed and made to feel so small that I could have crawl into a hermit crab shell. However that non Malay instructor just told me to take it in my stride, ignore the " sikit atas punya melayu " as he put it and go on to bigger things.
Sadly he was a victim of the bypass fiasco, and became the first few to leave for greener pastures. What a loss for MAS and what a greater loss for the nation. With his training skills, great rapport with all the local staff by virtue of his impeccable command of english and malay he should have been a great asset. The only thing is that he was too proud and principled to capitalised on all his language and training skills to brown nose himself to higher positions or ingratiate himself to the management. I remember telling him that he should seek to be in the management, he replied that he feared that he would be made a tool by the management to screw fellow pilots. Sadly such talents got screwed instead.
So will the new broom do the right thing? I think not. Very sad, I don't have much hope. What can he do? The very crooks who benefited from the bypass thingy are sitting pretty in MAPA; so MAPA ain't gonna agree with management to do away with the bypass or pay bypass pay.:ugh:

Langkasuka
13th Apr 2011, 10:58
Ha ha ha....don't hold your breath, you will turn blue and keel over dead.

Rajamuda, do what your benefactor did.............up and leave for the greener pastures. That's the sensible thing to do. Don't wait for the management and mapa to ever do the right thing!

bungacengkeh
13th Apr 2011, 17:51
Oh puhleeze, don't give me the non Malay goodie ****! He probably think you were a real dunggu who needs all the extra tuition waiting for your eternal gratitude. Maybe put in a good word for him when he gets into trouble in the future! Capt Izham should do well to steer clear of all these rubbish and get on the job of doing us all proud of our NATIONAL interest.

hassanasli
13th Apr 2011, 18:46
bungacengkeh is surely bigotted and a wet rag.

Like rajamuda I too had the privilege of training under some fine non Bumi instructors who imparted their knowhow to me without reservations or any thought of reward. Sadly, we were powerless to see those talents leaving. If I ever get to the top I would surely do everything possible to get those fine gentlemen back to MAS. Besides there were several fine bumi guys who had upped and left and I would endeavour to get them back too.

Fez International
14th Apr 2011, 01:27
rajamuda, I think I know who you were referring to but I don't think he upped and went because he was bypassed. I had met him sometime before his departure and he told me an interesting story of why he left although he was mighty disappointed at being bypassed.

nicky whoselan had a good ride and I am sure he can retire to enjoy any ill gotten gains if he plays his cards right.

bungacengkeh
14th Apr 2011, 20:04
Again puhleeze spare us the nonsense of do gooders. There were there as instructors to teach and they had better teach or be sacked.
STOP trying to make heroes out of those traitors who left for the big bucks; good riddance. It's pretty silly and upsetting to see impressionable fella like you so grateful to those traitors. Get a grip fellas!

tarmaruddeen
14th Apr 2011, 22:21
nice try guys but nobody gives a f**k about this thread. mas is but a shell of its old self. air asia is the rave; air asia go!

camelbird
15th Apr 2011, 06:48
Again after so many years we have people like bunga who spew venom to those who left MAS as if we've broken a vow to always stay in MAS.So yes, we left for a better pay, if you can get a better pay by moving, why not?
There are thousands of people who change jobs daily so that they can provide a better life for their family, are they traitors? I think not.
Obviously, you're not in training, if not, you would know that we do our job in the sim and aircraft. We don't have to when we're at the hotel during nightstops. So for that training capt. to take the time to give extra instruction at layovers is commandable. And for rajamuda to owe a sense of gratitude is as the malay proverb says, hutang budi di bawa ke mati.
And puhleeze la, don't start with we're not grateful to MAS thingy. If we didn't leave, things would not have change as it is now. Just get your head out of the sand and see that there are still alot of work to be done in MAS instead of saying semua O.K.

a345xxx
15th Apr 2011, 10:09
Everyone who leaves their country is a traitor! Yee Haa hang em high!

MH will always be an OK legacy carrier but if I was a pilot I would be worried because the company is going down the path of being broken in two.... ie MH and Firefly.

I believe Mohd. Nor Yusoff had the game plan and IJ wanted to implement it but there was no political will.

I dare say it will mirror the plan TPG and Macquarie bank had in place if their take over of QF went through!

babasinkeh
16th Apr 2011, 22:37
bungacengkeh's logic reminds me of slave drivers......non Malay instructors are to be like mindless slaves, " had better teach or be sacked ". I had uncles who were professors and lecturers in UM, UPM and ITM who imparted their knowledge unreservedly to ungrateful pseudo native scums; their students upon graduation got post graduate scholarships to pursue useless MBA, PHD programs and then came back demanding super high positions without any fundamental work. Most stabbed their former benefactors in the back besides spewing racist vitriol they amassed during their BTN seminars.

rajamuda, you earn my respect with your sense of gratitude. Believe me, it makes you a real decent human and will surely stand in your good stead in the future.

chintanmanis
18th Apr 2011, 00:57
Ehhh, itu Kepten 'Am nampaknya ada mata sepet sikit. Barangkali dia tu ada DNA cinakui kot?

My take on MAS/MAPA scumbags. Useless dickheads without no sense of honour or any sense of natural justice. I had chums who were played out when they were based in Myanmar and Cambodia years ago. Scumbags restricted their seniors' ( they were " management pilots " in charge of MAS's foray into Myanmar and Cambodia ) flying hours to only 20-30 a month with their very " creative " rostering whilst amassing 80-90 hours monthly themselves to ensure that they would be promoted earlier up the 777s. Some of these scumbags are now in management positions and MAPA leadership positions. So gonna case lah fairplay.

Stratocruzer
20th Apr 2011, 03:02
been reading all these posts but smhw not felt compelled to write anything till now. seems sm ppl are badmouthing mapa; they were elected by majority vote so if u dont like them get them out n elect new ppl in, its been done before. the same cannot be said abt management of crse

Sampan Angkasa
21st Apr 2011, 07:49
for what is worth, rajamuda, the greener pastures do not seem to be very kind to your kind old instructor. met him at food alley akl somer time ago, was shocked to see almost a total silver head of hair. we had quite a long talk and i think fez int'l is right he wasn't that pissed off at the bypass thingy ( he kind of expected those fellas to do it, so he said ). he was more concerned about the future of bolehland and me thinks he's right even though i do not agree with his pessimism. i too benefitted a lot from his advice and guidance and he was mighty glad that i did well. when i told him of what i am doing , he was extremely glad. he thanked me for doing him proud. he had once told me " my aim is to make you a better pilot than me; if you turn out just like me I must have failed as there is no progress. if you become better than me, i must have done something right! " a down to earth cinapek with no airs about him. a rarety in essence.

chintanmanis
21st Apr 2011, 20:12
sampan, are you sure you're grateful? Calling someone cinapek isn't very respectful, grow up!

I guess the greener pastures are not for everyone. True bolehland is going downhill but MAS is still relatively nice to have a career in.

hassanasli
22nd Apr 2011, 15:49
Cinapek? I think not. If the person is the one I think you are referring to, his BM was pretty good. Only problem is he was abit different and strange. Had a base check and IRR with him as a TRE under check by company TRE together with the DCA inspector. My captain used Jepessen charts together with his own sketch of the chart with some notations. DCA inspector indicated that because my captain used non standard charts it was a failure point. We were devastated. However this so called " cinapek " countermanded the DCA inspector and passed my captain and me! His argument to the DCA inspector, my captain had used real Jeppesen charts for the " approach briefing " and " primary reference ". The hand drawn chart was only an " aid de memoire ". So the DCA inspector accepted the pass after a lengthy argument. I was indeed very grateful that the " cinapek " stood his ground eventhough THAT WAS HIS own TRE CHECK SIMULATOR SESSION! Thinking back it was amazing but at that point I was mighty glad it was all over and we passed. I was sure my captain must had been very relieved; however he never really show anything.

Munajeeb
22nd Apr 2011, 16:46
The bypass in the 90s were done with the complicity of mapa. The dirty tricks of
restricting the flying hours of seniors who were posted to Myanmar and Cambodia were all the work some little maharajalelas who were hoisted to positions well above their stations; dirt bags who wantonly abused their positions the moment they were given a little power. All symptoms of the malaise we call Malaysia boleh. What next? NAME and SHAME these dirt bags!

Paishinel
23rd Apr 2011, 05:24
Aiyah, macam gomnen dan politikus Malaysialah. Tipu all the way to the top and then give stirring speeches about helping the common man; mapa punya exco sama jugalah. Tipu all the way to the b744 and now see how the A380 fleet promotion comes about. History gonna repeat itself.

jandakotcruiser
25th Apr 2011, 20:26
Hi MAS guys, I used to enjoy some night stops in SIN with Capt. Zuraidi especially when his " adik " was around. Has he moved on to something higher up in the MAS management heirachy?

Kentot Besar
26th Apr 2011, 09:37
I enjoyed nightstopping SIN seeing that " adik ' too! Poor chap has been sidelined if you must know.:\

a345xxx
26th Apr 2011, 09:43
Nice to see MH boys enjoying their lay overs! :)

bungacengkeh
29th Apr 2011, 21:03
he wasn't that pissed off at the bypass thingy ( he kind of expected those fellas to do it, so he said ). he was more concerned about the future of bolehland

Podah, you think that cinapek so clever meh? Wah, that traitor left in the 90's and he was so terror to know about the future of Tanah Melayu? So he could predict future of his forsaken motherland? Truly cinakui chasing the plunging greenback kot!

salahbensilap
8th May 2011, 02:10
His argument to the DCA inspector, my captain had used real Jeppesen charts for the " approach briefing " and " primary reference ". The hand drawn chart was only an " aid de memoire ". So the DCA inspector accepted the pass after a lengthy argument. I was indeed very grateful that the " cinapek " stood his ground eventhough THAT WAS HIS own TRE CHECK SIMULATOR SESSION! Thinking back it was amazing but at that point I was mighty glad it was all over and we passed. I was sure my captain must had been very relieved; however he never really show anything.

Hassan, was your fellow checkee skipper hamidi by any chance? I heard of that incident over 16 years ago when the DCA examiner had already joined flying for MAS in MYY!

MMBenar
10th May 2011, 07:14
DCA examiner......could it have been capt. syed zainal?

Tipsy Barossa
11th May 2011, 22:27
Zuraidi, nice guy and joy to fly with. DFO material, I don't quite think so. Heard that he was safety chief pilot for some time. Must have earned his stripes then but I personally think he is a joyful line chap.

gerago
14th May 2011, 01:21
MMBenar, I don't think it was Capt. Syed Zainal. He never joined MAS RAS operations. He left for the sand pit. It was probably Capt Razali.

Jambu Batu
8th Jun 2011, 01:38
Some people opined that zuraidi is a lame duck and the top echelons asked for him to walk.

" Ba' Am " is seen to have more concrete ideas. The other high flyer nicki whoselan has stumbled with CBT over his head. So " Ba' Am " is the shoo in. Remember someone did say that way back in the 90's RAT and Dr Con had been asked to " protect " those 2 individuals.

Vel Paar
11th Jun 2011, 14:20
Some people opined that zuraidi is a lame duck and the top echelons asked for him to walk

Lame duck or not, MAS is certainly going about with a limp. Here ia an article from The Star :

By P Gunasegaram, The Star
ALL is not well with Malaysia Airlines (MAS) (see our cover story this week). While the situation is dire, it is not impossible for the airline to recover its fortunes but it needs some nifty strategic changes and deft execution.
While key officials say they want the airline to be Asia’s top one by 2015, they don’t say clearly in terms of what. MAS is already among the best in the world in terms of service but that does not spell profit with the airline slipping into an operating loss of RM267mil for the first quarter of this year.
This airline has been through tough times, slipping into massive losses at several points during its history. With help it has come back from the brink of failure but it has not been able to show the kind of sustained profitability that other airlines such as Singapore Airlines have exhibited.
MAS’ fortunes have deteriorated so much that low-cost carrier AirAsia overtook it in terms of market value earlier this year (see chart) and seems set to widen its lead as it made a profit in the latest quarter while MAS reported a substantial loss.
MAS has a good product going by the continuing rave reviews for its cabin services. That alone is not enough to make it profitable. As with any business, you arrive at a profit or loss after subtracting costs from revenue.
For an airline, the revenue is dependent on capacity and how much it grows or reduces its routes, the load factor which is a measure of capacity utilisation, and the crucial pricing through which you maximise revenues.
This is to be juxtaposed with costs, of which the major and most volatile one is oil prices on which the jet fuel price depends. Sometimes, your cost savings justify a cutback in routes but a prudent airline will also consider the long-term impact of such a move because you don’t want to constrain future growth.
Because airlines are so dependent on oil costs, they try to hedge their positions to cap their costs but when wrongly or improperly done, this can wipe out airlines.
In fact in 2009 MAS had to provide a massive RM3.95bil in provisions for it’s hedging which nearly oblitereated its shareholders’ funds, requiring it to ask an exemption from de-listing procedures under Bursa Malaysia’s Practice Note 17.
In that episode, MAS had hedged at an oil price of US$100 per barrel but what it failed to do was to structure the hedge so as to benefit fully from any fall in the oil price below US$100. Paradoxically, as the oil price collapsed, MAS’ profits collapsed too.
For the subsequent quarters, MAS made enormous profits because the oil price rose again, reversing some of the earlier provisions but there were massive operational losses nevertheless.
For the latest quarter, MAS again blames rising oil prices for the losses but there is no explanation as to how many other airlines still manage to make profits, albeit at lower levels.
One has to suspect that this lies in revenue management. Perhaps it does not have enough business class or first class seats. Perhaps it has got its pricing wrong and is cannibalising some of its own market via cheap offerings and through its low-cost airline, Firefly. Perhaps it has given up too many routes to be able to grow rapidly.
Perhaps, MAS has become so obsessed with cutting fares and offering value comparable to low-cost airlines that it is losing its own high yielding market by people who book earlier to take advantage of lower fares.
Perhaps the airline is not very clear about where it should stand in terms of the kind of strategy it must adopt to maximise its revenue. You don’t leverage great service by offering value (read low-cost) fares. In fact you do the exact opposite.
Yes, one must agree that new airplanes are more cost efficient and that could make the difference between profit and loss, but does that imply that MAS has been negligent in its fleet planning?
In terms of broad strategy, MAS should just focus on being an excellent full-service carrier, market it as such and leave low-cost operations to subsidiary Firefly. It should get the best people and systems to manage its fleet and price its fares.
It should focus on continued cost reduction in other areas without seriously undermining its service standards, its promotional efforts and its brand reputation and positioning.
And it should engage in prudent hedging policies which allow it to take advantage of falling oil prices instead of being locked into high-cost oil when the price of oil is falling.
Once it has sorted all this out and is back on the firm path of profit, then it can talk about being Asia’s number one airline in every respect, not just service.

Mat Sapu
12th Jun 2011, 01:04
Well Well Vel, yeet le reply lah. Nobody care lah. Most MAS people complicit in all this; quiet quiet sweep under the magic carpet.
Otherwise jatuh maruah orang MAS.:ugh:

Raj Merlion
12th Jun 2011, 03:20
Some forces aligned with powers that be will probably get MAS into such a bad shape that it will be offered for RM 1; then some " bright apark " ala TF will buy it and turn it into a phenomenal mega carrier. Dare I dream ?:D

struanheli
12th Jun 2011, 04:37
Hi ,well in short as a commuting contract pilot with my wife and family traveling with me to KK quite alot ,we are surprised how old and untimely
there service and fleet is... its like stepping back in time. Guess what we fly and operate in Indonesia and MAS have the oldest planes in comparison, 4 x sectors
late, lost luggage, expensive seats, poor returns on req mileage . Hope it gets better or firefly will eat the fat cats own market, maybe they want the old out and new boys in?

bungacengkeh
18th Jun 2011, 10:17
However this so called " cinapek " countermanded the DCA inspector and passed my captain and me! His argument to the DCA inspector, my captain had used real Jeppesen charts for the " approach briefing " and " primary reference ". The hand drawn chart was only an " aid de memoire ". So the DCA inspector accepted the pass after a lengthy argument. I was indeed very grateful that the " cinapek " stood his ground eventhough THAT WAS HIS own TRE CHECK SIMULATOR SESSION! Thinking back it was amazing but at that point I was mighty glad it was all over and we passed. I was sure my captain must had been very relieved; however he never really show anything.

My take; this is all bollocks! Cuntermanding a DCA examiner on your own TRE check? Suicide! Rubbish, he would have been sacked the next within 24 hours. Hassan, you have to come up with a better story than this! Klentong betui!

Ericfaint
19th Jun 2011, 00:21
Bunga,

I was privy to the incident as I was slotted for the base check right after this. There was some commotion but eventually settled as hassan described. However, hassan's case was the SECOND of this nature as far as I know. There was an earlier instance that new TRE did not comply with the DCA examiner's " hint " that the examinee be failed and it was accepted by all as it was only a " hint ". The second case was more heated as it was almost a directive by the DCA guy to fail that particular examinee but it ended OK because somewhere in the regulations, it was stated that the actual TRE conducting the base check call the shots about passing or failing the candidates.. The DCA examiner could only observe the proceedings; he could of course fail the TRE and remove him but I think cool heads prevailed at the debriefing and all went well.

hassanasli
19th Jun 2011, 20:40
I don't tell tall tales bunga; this did happened and after checking it was indeed the second time that such an incident occurred.

Salah, it was not hamidi....I was told hamidi was in the first incident. Niether Capt. Razali nor Capt Syed Zainal was involved in my case. Enough said as we have a bigot here bound on stirring up ****. Somehow these two cases were sensitive issues and the people involved would like to keep things low key.

Geragau
8th Jul 2011, 20:00
Any earth shattering super duper changes ever since wonder boy Ba' am got onto mini throne? Much is expected, guys?

Vel Paar
11th Jul 2011, 01:54
Sorry, same ****, same lacklustre bungling and same wallowing in self pity. That's MAS as AK make tracks for greater share of the market. The writing is on the wall folks.

Mat Sapu
11th Jul 2011, 20:50
Do we need a " bersih " campaign to clean up MAS ops? The rot that is the definition of Malaysia is mirrored 100% in MAS.

Maybe it's time for TF to get ambitious and swallow up this aging, sickly mess of a MAS!

Langkasuka
17th Jul 2011, 09:45
Actually not really too bad an idea to get TF to swallow up MAS! Vey hard to turn round a lumbering decaying behemoth, but kill it for a quick death. Then start anew. Many years ago Dr Madhey said that if " we " can't run MAS properly, it's better to get some outside expert to do it. Maybe TF is our local " outside " expert!

Mat Kilau
7th Aug 2011, 07:48
Langka, looks like your wish is slowly coming true. See this link :

Share swap deal: AirAsia's Fernandes to gain 20% stake in MAS (http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/8/7/nation/9255271&sec=nation).

Quite scary thinking what he is going to do if get his hands on the national carrier.

Mat Sapu
7th Aug 2011, 23:55
The evil empire is crumbling and the warlords are making hay while the sun still shines. All the levers of the present regime, especially the senior civil servants, are facilitating the looting ( utilising all the legal manoevres ) to strip whatever assets there is. Air Asia's foray into MAS board will soon come with the 20% stake and watch out guys, you are in for interesting times. Once this is proven successful, the other GLCs will come in for more wholesale looting! Maybe MAPA should get into the act too!

Stratocruzer
8th Aug 2011, 14:39
maybe now people will see who the real traitors are; those who left or those who stayed and continued to squeeze the company dry

Amitabh Belacan
8th Aug 2011, 19:24
A majority of MAS people, sadly most pilots, believe in the gomen's " crying wolf " philosophy that all who gripe on the internet forums are evil saboteurs. They RELIGIOUSLY BELIEVE in " in-house " unions doing " bed-mate " industrial deals whereby the " union/association " heads get " lu tolong gua, gua tolong lu " kinds of goodies. Union/association leaders revel in rubbing shoulders with latuks and tan sris, golf games with tips on share markets and general publicity on the gomen control airwaves and media. 100% ameno style or dumno moolayu style. The baruah chinese and indian arselickers also get sikit sikit bread crumbs lah.

Air Asia business model has always been dubious and dodgy; MAS operational structure is at best unsustainable with useless " MARA like " strategy. All jaguh kampung mentality. 100% ameno style.

Marrying these two " loser " entities is making a marriage made in " loony toon " land!

lembujaga
8th Aug 2011, 23:21
It's all very sad. Some 30 years ago, MAS was chugging along fine with Saw Huat Lye and then Tan Sri Aziz at the helm. No big drama, just an exquisite Malaysian brand with quite a mix of " Truly Asia " without the big glitzy adverts wasting tax payers money. Service was great with a great " Malaysian " experience awaiting the lucky traveller. Then came the kerala kaka with his big fat ideas to further his grandiose political ambitions forcing MAS to fly all over the globe to places like Jo' burg, Cape Town, Buenos Aires, Zagreb etc, all losing heaps of money. PM charters were never paid for. Nincompoops recruited to be pilots and into the management. Parochialism, regionalism, mad hatterism all practised and executed to a hilt. Money meant for development of good airports diverted to Langkawi, MAS money spent on hotel land/yachts, more kedahans onto power levers of MAS and the government. Now we have a new DFO, another kedahan...nice fellow perhaps but can you see the pattern?:{:{:ugh:

Jambu Batu
9th Aug 2011, 10:09
My khazanah sources tell me that the upper echelons of MAS, the upper level Malay MASEU and MAPA leadership were quietly made aware of the hush hush dealings wrt AK and MH.....only the cina and india baruahs in MASEU/MAPA were left totally behind blinkers. Provisions were made to pre empt any protests or unhappiness . A little of sandiwara will be allowed as tokenism but everything is a done deal! Nothing you mozies can do about it. Man up and take it up your six, people!

rajamuda
9th Aug 2011, 10:55
Going back to posts # 52, 53, and 60, 61, and 62, I really wonder if some of you guys were already in the know about this deal. I suspect a lot of people do know and expected this to happen but dare not be too open about it. As for me I am totally wrongfooted; I thought it would be smart of MAS to have a leg in AK. Gee, this is indeed depressing news.

Mat Sabo
10th Aug 2011, 00:56
Not that those writers of posts #52,53,61,62 are really prescient but I guess they keep the ears and eyes keenly tuned. The writing was all over the wall but like all bolehland denizens, MAS people keep their heads buried in the sand ( I can send back more sand if they want ). Thesy just want to hear good news, heap praises like toadies on the industrial and political masters. If you read the stuff on the internet and the various blogs intelligently, and make intelligent deductions the recent turn of events should come at no surprise.

mokham
10th Aug 2011, 20:04
Read somewhere that the secret negotiations had been going on for a year; so some people did indeed know something eventhough it was hush hush.

Poor Tengku Azmil, no support from flight ops and dfo. Years ago Dr Don organised demo-support for Tajuddin at MAA; this time nada!

chintanmanis
12th Aug 2011, 21:39
Yes, but strangely Dr Don was the one who initiated court proceedings against Tajuddin Ramli. Did he uncover such extensive wrongdoings or was it only a sandiwara? I am amazed at audacity and downright crookedness of our Malay bethren. What more with the de facto law minister giving explicit instructions to all the GLC involved in suing TR that they drop all the legal actins, utterly mindbongling! I am really gobsmacked at all these shenanigans.:ugh::ugh::ugh::{:{:{

Stratocruzer
12th Aug 2011, 22:01
quote "Poor Tengku Azmil, no support from flight ops and dfo. Years ago Dr Don organised demo-support for Tajuddin at MAA; this time nada!" unquote

are you serious?

what did he ever do to justify that kind of demo-support as you put? the higher you are in a company hierarchy the more you need to accomplish to remain in position. i have nothing personal against him but lets be realistic about the whole thing. just because some people may not like tf putting his hands into mas doesnt mean you have to support someone else just for the sake of it.

in any case you shouldnt worry about him, even in all these they know how to take care of their own

quoted from bernama news:

It also announced the resignation of managing director (MD), Tengku Datuk Seri Azmil Zahruddin Raja Abdul Aziz, effective Tuesday. Azmil will join Khazanah as executive director, investments, effective Sept 12, 2011, MAS said. MAS chairman, Tan Sri Md Nor Yusof, said Azmil has made a significant contribution in the company's transformation during his tenure as both CEO and chief financial officer.

- unquote

mokham
13th Aug 2011, 01:57
My dear strato, ever heard of tongue in cheek?

Vel Paar
15th Aug 2011, 03:03
My khazanah sources tell me that the upper echelons of MAS, the upper level Malay MASEU and MAPA leadership were quietly made aware of the hush hush dealings wrt AK and MH.....only the cina and india baruahs in MASEU/MAPA were left totally behind blinkers. Provisions were made to pre empt any protests or unhappiness . A little of sandiwara will be allowed as tokenism but everything is a done deal! Nothing you mozies can do about it. Man up and take it up your six, people

Alamak, looks like the mas and mapa umnoputras did know. Never mind we always get sugarcoated tips and snippets from our highly bodeked lot!

Wonder if there gonna be any changes to replace the divisional heads. Maybe AAX dfo should give ba' am a run for his money!

Sampan Angkasa
18th Aug 2011, 23:58
MAS flight operations need new blood for a complete renewal. Year in and year out we have the same nincompoops pretenders with their hohum, lacklustre ideas. The AAX dfo who had worked in the sandpit can probably come up with fresher ideas as against those rat proteges

Cote Babe
19th Aug 2011, 08:39
Sadly, due to the lack of formal tertiary education, most of our dfos become pushovers at meetings of divisional heads. Most divisional heads had tertiary and post-graduate training whereby they were trained in negotiations ( conning, lying without batting an eye, arm twisting, etc ), legal wrangling, psychology, industrial relations and politics. Pilot dfos were sadly lacking in such skills ( notwithstanding the laughable MBAs or MARA type diplomas/degrees that some acquired ) and at crucial meetings, the other divisional head had them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

This is the fault of our recruitment system where only a mere SPM/MCE was required. No doubt a SPM/MCE guy may be very intelligent with great motor manipulative skills which are superb for flight training, the lack of formal tertiary ( or at the very least STPM/A levels/pre-U ) education means that those aspiring for management posts are inadequate in terms of formulating strategies, policies and tactical manoevres. Small wonder flight operations division is diminishing in stature day by day.

That flight operations need new blood for regeneration is very telling.We sorely need people with the intestinal fortitude backed by a well rounded educational foundation to chart a solid path for flight operations be the leading divison in MAS.

Left Wing
19th Aug 2011, 09:16
The AAX dfo who had worked in the sandpit .. is now implementing a world class EFB at AAX & AXM

taufupok
19th Aug 2011, 19:39
Sadly, due to the lack of formal tertiary education, most of our dfos become pushovers at meetings of divisional heads. Most divisional heads had tertiary and post-graduate training whereby they were trained in negotiations ( conning, lying without batting an eye, arm twisting, etc ), legal wrangling, psychology, industrial relations and politics. Pilot dfos were sadly lacking in such skills ( notwithstanding the laughable MBAs or MARA type diplomas/degrees that some acquired ) and at crucial meetings, the other divisional head had them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

What an astute and succinctly insightful piece of observation!

That's why the other divisional heads like the dfos to be, clueless and yellow bellied so that they can ride roughshod over flight operations.

Stratocruzer
21st Aug 2011, 21:39
The AAX dfo who had worked in the sandpit .. is now implementing a world class EFB at AAX & AXM
____________________________________________________________ _______

that is but one good example that there were and still are good and capable in mas. some left and some stayed back and both for various reasons but also worth noting that quite a few left because they did not want to be managed by sub standard managers spewing out policies that gets nowhere fast.

however contrary to cote babe the issue is not degrees or mba or phd's, richard branson doesnt have a degree, steve jobs doesnt have a degree.

the issue really is using your brains to do what you are paid to do and i believe pilots are smart people infact better that arts stream management types with degrees in sastra melayu and the likes and then put into positions to run a division in an airline

the issue is whether or not you are promoted because of your ability to have vision and ability to contribute and not because you are nice to some people

one of the perenial reasons mas is not getting anywhere is the refusal to accept reality and the inability or refusal to change (really cant put my finger on which one) examples abound on that point; one is with the whole world going it around them mas still does not embrace it fully but instead only using computers as a paper copy.

in other airlines staff can book and buy tickets online saving tons of money mas still insists for staff to head out to the office and take a number to get a ticket. manuals and circulars are another example and dont even want to get started on crew rostering and how its being done now, that after having spent millions.

there are lots more but am not going to spent time teaching them how to do their work after all they are the ones with the degrees.

lembujaga
22nd Aug 2011, 04:34
the issue really is using your brains to do what you are paid to do and i believe pilots are smart people infact better that arts stream management types with degrees in sastra melayu and the likes and then put into positions to run a division in an airline

The arts stream management types may not be that smart when it comes to maths or whatever but they are " politically and corruption " savvy. They may be dumb and run their companies to the ground but they know how to screw up your life; they know how to implement policies to cut down flight ops down to size. They advise the top managements how to limit your authority, limit your privileges, screw up your career progression etc! So don't be so smug thinking pilots are smart; history says otherwise.

Paishinel
23rd Aug 2011, 01:40
lj, agree with you. we pilots tend to be big headed and think the world about ourselves but seldom realise we had the rug pulled from under our feet until too late. the management types with lousy maths and science score normally do the law, commerce or admin courses. it doesn't matter if the barely passed but with our ketuanan policies in place they breeze into management position and screw everything up. their screw ups are easily overlooked by their patrons as long as they keep the techies ( pilots, lames, etc ) in line with their f**k up terms and conditions, policies, industrial practices and so on and so forth.

Geragau
29th Aug 2011, 01:34
Reflecting on the recent MAS/Air Asia farce of a merger, I fear what the 2 dfos will do to " streamline " operations. Will pilots again be the sacrificial lambs? Will commonsense be toss out the window? Waht will the management pilots do to please those turds who are their patrons?

Brings to mind what was on post #26 :

I remember telling him that he should seek to be in the management, he replied that he feared that he would be made a tool by the management to screw fellow pilots

Small wonder why a lot of good, sensible blokes refuse to be management types!

Harlem
29th Aug 2011, 07:15
Excuse me Gentlemen, may I do a question why is MAS looking for expat pilots both Captains and F/O? Sounds very estrange...

Thanks in advance!

babasinkeh
2nd Sep 2011, 06:07
Brings to mind what was on post #26 :

Quote:
I remember telling him that he should seek to be in the management, he replied that he feared that he would be made a tool by the management to screw fellow pilots
Small wonder why a lot of good, sensible blokes refuse to be management types!

Very true, heard from an old timer that this had been the case ever since hassan ahmad took over as dfo from jack byrd. This is a real malaise that afflicts all aspects of Malaysian life:{

Teg Bahadur
9th Sep 2011, 18:54
What to do.....the system is such. The good guys understand that the flight ops management is a circus and to get involved in it will drag them down the abyss. So you only have fruitcakes like the camel, the pigmy/toady and the likes aspiring to be the top dog.

Tipsy Barossa
10th Sep 2011, 23:33
During my time at MAS in the early 90s, I met with quite a number of very capable, even exceptional pilots. Sadly most are of the non native stock and they were sidelined except for a few toadies. Subsequently I heard a lot of them left for CAL, KAL and the sandpit. With this talent drain, it's small wonder MAS flight ops sank in terms of credibility and competence. I met a Chinese Malaysian pilot, a muslim convert who aspired for great things but had such dodgy understanding of basic performance that I shuddered at what he could have messed up if he ever got to head the flt ops tech services. This was an example of the type of toadies who remained in MAS.

potteroomore
12th Sep 2011, 22:56
In my time there I have never seen a greater fruitcake like the camel abu baker. Prior to that we had some dato who was clueless but the camel was a real piece of doo-doo. I hope you guys have better ones since I left.:ok:

Kal Niranjan
13th Sep 2011, 02:47
Dato' K was clueless because he fell under the spell of some low life know as gstring! This piece of work got the dfo to help him set up an audit empire, sly enough though in getting some lost turk to helm it but he was milking the dept.

Vel Paar
15th Sep 2011, 22:29
I joined MAS during dato k's time and he was indeed pathetic with his retinue of hanger ons. That's the time the rat, the ex mapa prez guru singh, zero zero 1, zul, and a whole bunch of clowns ran riot with their turf grabbing, throwing caution to the wind. Little did they realise that the camel was collecting ammunitions to blast them out later leading to 2 years of utter darkness.

mokham
23rd Sep 2011, 00:30
I heard the fruitcake camel was denied a contract by the pigmy but zuraidi offered him one after he took over. The low life you guys gripe about is in air asia x; now has anybody got dirt on this scum?

I met a Chinese Malaysian pilot, a muslim convert who aspired for great things but had such dodgy understanding of basic performance that I shuddered at what he could have messed up if he ever got to head the flt ops tech services

That must be " more-ham-on-his-head-to-go"! Another pia ; I remember he and his team of bankstown trained fruitcakes trying to make a name for themselves as they ventured into MAS misadventures into Myanmar and Cambodia where they connived to screw their seniors' flying hours so that they can leapfrog over them onto the B777. What a bunch of a***holes!

tarmaruddeen
24th Sep 2011, 21:13
hey, stop mocking with this more ham stuff! do you want a fatwa on your head?

he's a fruitcake alright but he got to marry the only " dara " left amongst the mas stewardessess, ok?! you jealous ke?;)

ipohmali
29th Sep 2011, 06:28
he's a fruitcake alright but he got to marry the only " dara " left amongst the mas stewardessess, ok?! you jealous ke?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

Ha ha ha ha...****, now I have to wipe partly chewed chicken 69 pieces and gravy off my laptop keyboard and screen:{:{

Cote Babe
9th Oct 2011, 03:04
salahbensilap (http://www.pprune.org/members/261468-salahbensilap)

Quote:
His argument to the DCA inspector, my captain had used real Jeppesen charts for the " approach briefing " and " primary reference ". The hand drawn chart was only an " aid de memoire ". So the DCA inspector accepted the pass after a lengthy argument. I was indeed very grateful that the " cinapek " stood his ground eventhough THAT WAS HIS own TRE CHECK SIMULATOR SESSION! Thinking back it was amazing but at that point I was mighty glad it was all over and we passed. I was sure my captain must had been very relieved; however he never really show anything.
Hassan, was your fellow checkee skipper hamidi by any chance? I heard of that incident over 16 years ago when the DCA examiner had already joined flying for MAS in MYY!
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/buttons/reply_small.gif (http://www.pprune.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6435814&noquote=1)
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 10th May 2011, 07:14 #48 (http://www.pprune.org/6441441-post48.html) (permalink (http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/444545-new-mas-director-operations-3.html#post6441441)) MMBenar (http://www.pprune.org/members/294490-mmbenar)

DCA examiner......could it have been capt. syed zainal?
Last edited by MMBenar; 11th May 2011 at 22:30.

I finally met a MAS vet who had some recollection of this matter....the checkee was hamidi, the DCA Examiner was Capt. Razali. Capt Zul Noah was somehow involved in some capacity; it's a long time ago and it seems that it wasn't that dramatic.

gerago
17th Oct 2011, 18:22
What ever happened to the only non pilot, a Dr Don, who was DFO for a number of years in the 1990s? I thought he did the heroic thing of taking the former chairman Tajuddin to court for corruption. What ever happened to that legal case?

Kal Niranjan
20th Oct 2011, 21:10
I had a fleeting glimpse of something connected to this thread on MT a few days ago but when I return to it later today I couldn't find it. Maybe someone might have seen it and able to retrieve the article or comments; a little bit internet challenged to be able to do it myself!:O:O:O

Sampan Angkasa
26th Oct 2011, 05:38
Diwali Mubarak Ho!

I think you are referring to some comments made on an MT article; here is the link which I reckon you are looking for :

Not talking about the budget (http://www.malaysia-today.net/mtcolumns/no-holds-barred/43999-not-talking-about-the-budget)

Kal Niranjan
27th Oct 2011, 09:43
Aacha young man, dhanyavad! Did you have to retrieve it from the archives? Just trying to figure it out:O

MMBenar
30th Oct 2011, 21:09
Looking at the dearth of replies, the cojoneless ones are wont to have anything to do with MT. Most of the fellas are jibby clones in many ways!

salahbensilap
16th Nov 2011, 00:05
Quote:
he's a fruitcake alright but he got to marry the only " dara " left amongst the mas stewardessess, ok?! you jealous ke?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif
Ha ha ha ha...****, now I have to wipe partly chewed chicken 69 pieces and gravy off my laptop keyboard and screenhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/boohoo.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/boohoo.gif

Ah, ipohmali where got chicken 69? I can only find chicken 65 lah on the menu.

nasree
17th Nov 2011, 00:06
That must be " more-ham-on-his-head-to-go"! Another pia ; I remember he and his team of bankstown trained fruitcakes trying to make a name for themselves as they ventured into MAS misadventures into Myanmar and Cambodia where they connived to screw their seniors' flying hours so that they can leapfrog over them onto the B777. What a bunch of a***holes! Those bankstown bunch must have been consisted of the one who nearly put the landing gears through the wings on an OZ B777 in BKK some years ago; not forgetting the other lunatic who gave hell to some of his former f/os with police reports after police reports with insane claims of terrorism. There must be mercury spillage from some silver water plants having seeped into the drinking water in bankstown to produce pieces of work like those!

Mat Sapu
17th Nov 2011, 07:08
Ahhhh, looks like those fellas who were rostered for 20 hours a month flying in Yangon and Phnom Penh are still sore about the caper by AA, RR and the ****ty gang. Aiyoyo, what to do dah...oz trained **** heads go no class lah. Bright side, you had more time on hands to sample the goodies!

Kentot Besar
15th Jun 2014, 23:12
Post Mh 370. Any heads to roll?

Muak with all those imbeciles, ingrates and utter incompetents running the circus lah!

refugeeseeker
25th Jun 2014, 01:40
MAS AGM today at MAA Kelana Jaya. Another round of "we need another 200yrs" to turnaround this circus. We need more monkeys and elephants.