PDA

View Full Version : fly to USA

Jareks66
3rd Mar 2011, 15:09
Hello maybe somebody can help me and give some information how can looks fly from Poland to USA by Citation 501,maybe are pilots with experience,who did this trip?How much it can be cost?Where are the best places to refueling and how many stops I ll need.

silverware
3rd Mar 2011, 15:21
Dude, I am seriously concerned about your language skills, especially since you want to fly to the US...

INNflight
3rd Mar 2011, 16:18
Get someone who will do you a test flight plan, there are plenty of flight support companies out there who will (Caeroscene, JetEX etc.) for a small fee.

As for refuelling, you'll have to do the maths (or have someone do it for you).
The old proven route should work.

Poland - UK - Iceland - Greenland - Canada / US.

Still, don't jump to conclusions, get someone to plan it for you (as it seems you can't do it yourself).

eckhard
3rd Mar 2011, 20:30
Hi Jareks66,

You don't say where you are starting from in Poland, nor where you want to goin the USA. I have assumed Warsaw to Bangor, Maine.

From To Distance Time

EPWA EKBI 470 nm 1:34
EKBI EGPC 432 nm 1:26
EGPC BIRK 640 nm 2:08
BIRK BGBW 670 nm 2:14
BGBW CYYR 676 nm 2:15
CYYR KBGR 608 nm 2:02

You can view the route here:

Great Circle Mapper (http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=epwa-ekbi-egpc-birk-bgbw-cyyr-kbgr%0D%0A&RANGE=&PATH-COLOR=red&PATH-UNITS=nm&PATH-MINIMUM=&MARKER=1&SPEED-GROUND=300&SPEED-UNITS=kts&RANGE-STYLE=best&RANGE-COLOR=navy&MAP-STYLE=)

I have assumed a block speed of 300 knots. If the winds are favourable, you might be able to fly EPWA-EGPC direct. I have flown this route and variations to it several times over the last twenty years in C.421, C.500, C.501, C.525 aircraft with only a few problems, summer and winter. The secret is to be conservative in your fuel planning, be prepared for diversions and delays and to have appropriate clothing and survival equipment. But if you're used to Polish winters this should be familiar to you already!

Does the aircraft have an HF radio? Is it approved for RVSM and MNPS operations? Not a big deal if the answers are 'no', as these sectors should be flyable even at FL280.

PM me and I can give you more advice about flight planning, EAPIS, fuel supplies, hotels, etc.

Good luck!

Eckhard

Gulfstreamaviator
4th Mar 2011, 03:14
ELP/EPL 4 is a marvelous thing.

Besides better Enlish than my Polish.

glf

hawker750
4th Mar 2011, 09:38
No need for HF on that route if above a certain F/L , I think it may be F/L230, somebody will come up with the correct figure

eckhard
5th Mar 2011, 12:44
My understanding is that in the Reykjavik and Gander (Oceanic) FIRs, HF is required below FL250. (HF is mandatory in the Shanwick FIR, at any FL.)

As long as you route via RATSU (61N 010W) you will remain outside Shanwick and should be good to go without HF as long as you plan above FL250.

I was once held at FL240 (filed at FL350) from Goose to Narsarsuaq and when I said 'negative HF', the controller threatened to report me. After some explanation and looking at my Flight Plan, he agreed that it wasn't my fault that I had ended up cruising below FL250 and let it go.

We had to do some relaying of position reports via 123.45 and of course we monitored 121.5 as well.

So while it is possible to fly that route without HF, it is easier if you have it!

Eck