PDA

View Full Version : Stand Utilisation

G-BPEE
3rd Mar 2011, 10:25
Hi all

I am interested to find out details of stand/gate utilisation at major EU Hubs. How long does a typical 'Day Stopping' aircraft stay on a terminal gate stand before being towed to a remote stand or hanger area? Also the time scale that the aircraft is repositioned at the gate prior to departure?

e.g. Cathay Pacific arrives early AM, parks on terminal gate, offloads pax, luggage and freight then is towed to a remote parking stand. Then the reversal for departure. Does anyone have exact time scales for this? e.g. 1hour/ 2hours? (I am aware that aircraft size matters, I am really interested in typical long haul flights)

Thanks all :ok:
G-BPEE

British Grenadier
11th Mar 2011, 18:42
We are given 90 mins to get an A/C off stand after that phones start ringing .......

j_davey
13th Mar 2011, 21:13
If its a busy airport, id say 60-90 mins and you`d better be moving..
If its not busy, its down to money.

for example in DUB, with EI gone to T2 the rest of the place is very quiet. We could leave an aircraft on stand for days in some parts but the billpayer(airline) wont be happy. As it stands for us if anything has a ground stop more than 2 hours we tow it remote.One airline in particular are only using remote stands for turnarounds except on very tight turnarounds.

The parking fees are that much higher on contact stands that it is cost effective to pay for buses to/from the terminal and accept delays on full flights.