View Full Version : Ek Profit share forecasts

flareflyer
3rd Mar 2011, 09:15
Let's see who gets closer.........

I predict 5 weeks......:ugh:

h3dxb
3rd Mar 2011, 10:03
I heard from someone, who knows someone, who spoke to a guy , who started the rumour for 15 weeks :ugh:

The Turtle
3rd Mar 2011, 10:06
lets split the difference...i heard 10 weeks!!!!

seriously (and sad if true)

Fearless Leader
3rd Mar 2011, 10:08
Well I predict..................

5 minutes

There ya go

Take it for what it's worth...

FL

CAVnotOK
3rd Mar 2011, 12:08
I think we will either be dissatisfied or pissed off!

I strongly doubt it will come close to being enough to cover the "overtime" flown in the past year, let alone exceed this value and become a legit' profit share payment.

Very happy to be proven wrong on this one though.

Cav.

Fack5
3rd Mar 2011, 12:25
Logic and experience coupled with facts available in the public forum dictate it will be 4 weeks.

That's a prediction; hopefully an under-estimate.

acegreaser
4th Mar 2011, 16:53
Well, we just raised air fares citing high oil prices.
Now, don't you think that is a perfect excuse to NOT give a huge profit share.
"Need to preserve capital. Build a war chest for the hard year ahead. The MENA protests is hurting the region's economy etc"

Every year these guys always get a "bonus" for what excuse to give.

Payscale
4th Mar 2011, 17:15
Just maybe the MENA issues are sending money to Dubai! Just perhaps we are selling more seats and hotel rooms to Arabs who otherwise would have visited the sphinx...now they can see a copy in Wafi!
We will get what they can get away with. Not a penny more.

NG_Kaptain
4th Mar 2011, 20:59
At least you may get a bonus, our bonus goes to 55 SVP's and Dannie Minogue.

ruserious
5th Mar 2011, 03:32
It is not a bonus, it is delayed wages, that can be fiddled, misappropriated, withheld and dangled in front of our noses

harry the cod
5th Mar 2011, 04:18
If you all feel that aggrieved and morally afronted by your 'fiddled' freebee, why not donate your paltry sum to Maria from the Dhaka project? She has been sponsoring 6 children for the last few years, now 8, here in Dubai. she is paying 50% of their costs while they stay in 'fostered homes' and are being educated here until they are 18. After that, they're on their own. If they don't make it, it's back to the slums to join the other millions below the poverty line.

It's nice to get a healthy dose of reality once in a while. :mad:

Harry

777boyindubai
5th Mar 2011, 05:33
Hi Harry,

Seems you are a little disturbed about peoples's comments. I want to comment positively on some of your points. I don't want this to degenerate into the usual slanging matches that are so prevalent on pprune.

I know Maria. A nice lady. We have given money to her and have helped in other ways. Many, many EK staff (and their families) have also given genorously. I am sure Maria's orphans will benefit from any profit share....
I was VERY humbled to see the great work that she has done and to hear that "her" kids are progressing well.

EK has never acted in the spirit of any agreement with their staff. Let alone the nitty gritty. I think that you are one of the very few posters that tries to say this wasn't in the contract etc. (ie payrises, utilities, etc.) Please remember that there are many different contracts. I doubt you will find one percent of staff who believe they have been treated fairly by the company. Across grades and job titles. Except, of course, the VP's and above.

I want to be positive. I want to work. I am tired and feel cheated by EK. The "bonus" (if we get it) will only go some way to replacing what EK took from me when they raised the threshold.

I enjoy reading your posts and you do have some very valid points. I hope you will be gracious enough to accept the fact that other people do too.

Fly safely, mate :ok:

Tranquility Base
5th Mar 2011, 06:50
One Lo-Co airline got a £10.00 WH Smiths voucher as a festive bonus............luxury!!!!

harry the cod
5th Mar 2011, 10:26
777boyindubai

Thanks for your measured reply. I agree with everything you've said. My apologies, therefore, for my rather less than subtle post.

I know that the Company can announce any figure they like and we have little choice in the matter. It pisses off anyone with even a modicum of intelligence that we don't like lies and spin. That's why the feeling of resentment was, and is so high, over the shift in overtime thresholds. And of course I value other peoples viewpoints. It would be a dull World otherwise, right. I just felt that after reading that last post, here we are already complaining about something which hasn't even been announced yet. Wait till they announce it and then see where we stand.

Harry

Jet II
5th Mar 2011, 15:11
Might I add, that the reason people bitch about things that have not already happened, is because this company has consistently disappointed its employees. So one might conclude, that those who bitch about something that is inevitable... are in fact more intelligent than others.

Or they just like bitching?

Gets coat........:oh:

ekpilot
9th Mar 2011, 14:56
If you consider the change of the overtime from 83 to 92 it means 9 hours a month free. If you work 900 hours and we all do... It means about 10 months at 90 hours a month ( approx 2 months vacations ) This is just a round figure. So about 7 hours of overtime lost. If you are in the LH seat it means 7 x 10 x 600 DHS = 42000 DHS. So please realize that when you will subtract this amount to the possible bonus you get what the real bonus is. Just food for though. Don't kid yourself too much with the bonus. If you consider what some FOs will loose in the long run with the fact that they have lost 3 steps already, the bonus is almost ridiculous. Food for though again. I'll take whatever bonus they give me, but stay realistic about it.

Keep discovering!

22 weeks and 20% pay raise would put us back close to what we have lost in the last couple years. Don't be fooled. Less money more work ahead.

VLS with ice
9th Mar 2011, 16:37
2 weeks, the rest goes to the government and the new terminal...

Dune
10th Mar 2011, 03:53
Emirates drops plans for bond after unrest

Author: Posted by BI-ME staff

Source: BI-ME with Reuters

Published: Thu March 10, 2011 3:16 am

UAE. Emirates, one of the Arab world's largest airline, has dropped plans for a bond to finance expansion after the uprisings in North Africa made rates more expensive, its president said.

"We tested the water and it was pretty muddy," Tim Clark told Reuters in an interview on Wednesday at the ITB travel fair in Berlin. "So, we've parked it."

The group had mandated banks for a bond issue, IFR markets, a unit of Thomson Reuters, reported last month, and it was seen likely to attract strong demand.

Clark said that the group, the largest customer for the Airbus A380 superjumbo, had no problems financing its expansion, however, and that "cash flows had been mapped".

Emirates has so far ordered 90 A380s -- with a list price of about US$375 million each -- and has 15 in its fleet already.

Dubai government-owned Emirates, among the fastest-growing carriers in the world, plans to increase its fleet to eventually include 120 Airbus A380s. It is due to receive five of the planes this year.

Emirates earlier this month raised its fares due to higher oil prices and Clark confirmed Emirates was being adversely affected.

"Fuel hits you straight away, so that has adversely affected us. We don't lose money, but we're not making so much," he said.
Clark said load factors -- how full its planes are -- were coming back up after being reduced by uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt.

"We were down 6-7 percentage points at about 74%, but now we're back at 80%," he said.

He said that its load factor was usually in the low 80s at this time of year.

Clark said the current fiscal year, which ends on March 31, would be strong, however.

puff m'call
10th Mar 2011, 17:30
My best guess is that we will get what the tight gits give us, and that about it.

So don't even bother to guess, just keep on working. :ugh:

White Knight
10th Mar 2011, 18:05
"Fuel hits you straight away, so that has adversely affected us. We don't lose money, but we're not making so much," he said.
Clark said load factors -- how full its planes are -- were coming back up after being reduced by uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt.

Yes, well.... The fuel was hedged at about the $70 per jet-fuel barrel I believe and quite a lot of it too:confused::confused:

wingman330340
11th Mar 2011, 02:54
25% of the net profits above the target to be distributed.
Couple of years ago 700 millions above the target were equal to 14 weeks bonus and a 6+3 pay raise.
Simple math.

a345xxx
11th Mar 2011, 03:31
I dare say 13 weeks at the least!

Schnowzer
11th Mar 2011, 03:39
Wingman,

What on earth are you thinking, do not post fact!

I heard from a bog cleaner in Senegal who's friend flew on a flight with Jet Airways from Banaglore to Chennai that it would be 2 weeks. His brother sitting on the other side of the aisle heard 200, not sure which is right.

Every year utter boll*x but then again it is a rumour network. 14 weeks!

a345xxx
11th Mar 2011, 05:05
Hey wait a minute I only get my info from the most reliable of sources!!!! The AC cleaners in Lagos! :)

ennui
11th Mar 2011, 07:23
Heard from a collegue, who heard from a friend of a friend that heard from a mate who talked to a buddy that was on a flight with TC and the Chairman, , , , , that it's 16 weeks!

Of course this has subsequently been confirmed by the refueler in Dhaka, a security guard at SC, a cleaner at EGHQ and a brand new GR2 from Botswana!

So it must be true!

boocs
11th Mar 2011, 07:36
Over in the 'Cathay Pacific Group' they had the pleasure :rolleyes::hmm::rolleyes: of receiving 5 weeks plus $800 US..... And this was after a record breaking $1.8 Bill US profit!!!

b.

a345xxx
11th Mar 2011, 08:29
But the CX guys do have a pretty big basic! :)

Swansafa
11th Mar 2011, 17:34
The (profit share) is a distraction.....irrelevant

Not when it is easily calculated to be over 20 weeks' worth.

If they pay what they promise to when you join, a profit share is something you can factor in ahead of time because the formula and the (alleged) performance figures are there for anyone to look at.

what_goes_up
15th Mar 2011, 07:20
25% of the net profits above the target to be distributed.
Couple of years ago 700 millions above the target were equal to 14 weeks bonus and a 6+3 pay raise.
Simple math.

You might have to spread those 25% over a couple more employees though...

2 weeks, my bet!

flareflyer
15th Mar 2011, 11:12
If 700 million above target was equal to 14 weeks how can it be that more than 1 billion above can give us only 2 weeks????
Hiring in the last two years has been almost irrelevant.

I understand that we have to deal with very greedy and unfair management and owners but if they really come out with anything less that 10 weeks would be a real steal!!!!!

Flare

GoreTex
15th Mar 2011, 12:07
flary,
dont spend your 10 weeks yet, you underestimate the greed of emirates finest

my salami
15th Mar 2011, 12:24
From The National

The Dubai Government-owned carrier is expected to achieve a net profit of about US$2 billion (Dh7.34bn), analysts say.

Well, there you go Flare..
It all depends on how high was the target set.
I can recall 1.4-1.6 USD Billion.
You'll get 25% of the exceedance on top of the 2 weeks..

Yossarian
15th Mar 2011, 18:43
From the Gholf News

EMIRATES SET TO MAKE OVER 2 BILLION USD PROFIT

Announcing this astounding reversal of fortune over last years profits, Emirates was quick to announce that factors like unrest in the Middle East, rising oil prices and the earthquake in Japan with new pressures on global economies pressured it into reviewing employee's profitshare.

While we appreciate the fact that we asked our award winning staff to tighten their belts in order to increase productivity during the tough economic times of last year, I'm sure they will understand that this profit is necessary for the main shareholders to remain involved in the airline and for them to keep the Abu Dhabi government satisfied. I'm sure that our employees will understand why no profitshare will be coming their way in these tough economic times, said a senior executive while thumbing through the 2012 Ferrari showbook.

He was quick to add that he was sure that with continued dedication, increased workload and superhuman effort, an increased profit next year would possibly result in a record profitshare in 2012. Next year could be our best, he declared.

Employees in all departments could expect direction in cost-saving and increased productivity, he said.

330 Man
16th Mar 2011, 05:56
HAS THE TARGET BEEN RAISED?

The purser on my last trip was forced to go to one of their development meetings last month and she was told that the target was raised when we announced our 6 month results in November. Anyone else heard this? This did come from KG (former Boeing Fleet Mgr.) who would lie even if the truth worked better. If it is true, to raise the target because we are doing too well is another slap in the face.

As I recall the target set last May is 4.4 billion AED.

If we do indeed earn 2 billion dollars (7.3 billion AED) we will exceed the target by 2.9 billion AED. 2 weeks plus 25% of 2.9 billion (700M+ AED).

The year we got 14 weeks our staff count was about 36500. Now it is 41000.

Everything adds up to a big bonus, which is exactly why I do not expect nor plan on it. Neither should you!

330 Man

Michigan777flyer
16th Mar 2011, 14:37
Emirates expected to announce record earnings

March 15th, 2011 Written by Oliver CLARKE

One of the world’s largest international airlines, Emirates, is expected declare record earnings next month as its fiscal year comes to a close. For the first half, the carrier published earnings of $925 million and analysts expect this to at least double for the second-half. The positive results will be announced despite political and social upheaval in the Middle East, natural disasters and the spiralling price of jet fuel.

Emirates recently received the accolade of airline of the year from the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation. Peter Harbison, the organisation’s executive chairman, said he did not think recent political upheavals and natural disasters would have a negative affect on the growing demand for international air travel.

He added that along with US carrier Southwest Airlines, Emirates was the most influential airline in the world. Harbison explained that it is now possible to link almost any two points on the planet via Emirates’ Dubai hub.

According to the Royal Bank of Scotland, Emirates and fellow Gulf airlines will concentrate on increasing their global reach by growing traffic to and from the Middle East, Africa, China and India. Emirates is expected to be flying some 250 aircraft by the end of the decade and will have added around 46 more destinations to its schedule.

The carrier already has close to 200 new aircraft on order, 75 of which are Airbus A380 superjumbos. According to RBS, the airline will also place greater emphasis on increasing its presence in the US market as well as various parts of Asia.

flareflyer
31st Mar 2011, 08:15
Today is the last day of the fiscal year........:ugh:

fatbus
31st Mar 2011, 09:45
my guess 3,3 and3

Saltaire
31st Mar 2011, 11:22
My two fils...

6 weeks, and two increments, of 6% total on salary.

20 weeks would be party time but that's off the cards with +100 USD oil prices etc.

GoreTex
31st Mar 2011, 14:02
obogs,
dont spend your 15 weeks yet, you might ger seriously disappointed, dont even spend half of it, a third would be a good start.

nitro rig driver
31st Mar 2011, 20:28
90% discount voucher in XXX mall,free entry to a 2nd rate concert in dubai
with a taxi ride home........:D:)

donpizmeov
1st Apr 2011, 03:32
Its on the portal. A letter thanking everyone for their hard work and understanding during uncertain times, and it says 32 weeks and 15%.

Not too bad.

The Don

SOPS
1st Apr 2011, 04:18
and todays date is....???????:p

a345xxx
1st Apr 2011, 06:28
Good One!!!!! :)

pool
4th Apr 2011, 06:41
The silence of the lambs .............

Nil defects
4th Apr 2011, 15:50
http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt184/Nildefects/bonusannouncement_NEW.jpg

:{

Yossarian
4th Apr 2011, 17:36
Great cartoon! Well done!

skytrax
4th Apr 2011, 22:14
Every year ppl start to spread rumours about how many weeks the bonus will be. They all have reliable sources and its always ..........not accurate to say the least.
Myself too, have a "realible source" which says 8 WEEKS.
Mark my post, Im pretty sure on this one :)

Wizofoz
5th Apr 2011, 05:38
The precedent indicates it will be FOUR WEEKS.

Which precedent would that be?

Oblaaspop
5th Apr 2011, 06:21
Indeed Fack, which 'precedent' was the 14 week bonus a couple of years back based on?:hmm:

Mr Good Cat
5th Apr 2011, 06:35
Every year ppl start to spread rumours about how many weeks the bonus will be. They all have reliable sources and its always ..........not accurate to say the least.
Myself too, have a "realible source" which says 8 WEEKS.
Mark my post, Im pretty sure on this one

I don't normally add to blind speculation but I too have some reliable info along the lines of "expect a couple of months"...

However, recent developments up to the end of March could provide the excuse to drop a couple of weeks.... ergo I'm expecting 6-8.

flareflyer
5th Apr 2011, 07:18
Considering what the target was (1.1 billions) and what they reached (2 billions)we should have something like 250 million dollars to share.
Considering that those who are eligible to receive the profit share did not increase that much compared to 2 years ago it should be a quite fat piece of cake.
In the mean time it seems that management during the wash ups acknowledged that the are struggling in finding new pilots.
At this point what can we say, it will take just one more month to find out if they really want to solve the problems.....if not we are all quite old to make our proper decisions......
Good luck to everybody

Flare

Oceanic
5th Apr 2011, 08:52
Brilliant cartoon, LTMQ:D

Wizofoz
5th Apr 2011, 09:14
You're a free-thinker, Wiz. Have a think about what they handed out last year - three weeks. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out how they came to that figure.

They came to that figure because they hadn't SET a target last year. This year they did, and have substainially exceeded it.

Has (and this is an honest question) there been a year where EK DIDN'T distribute a bonus in line with the policy? (Last year being a unique situation).

LHR Rain
5th Apr 2011, 09:58
Anytime the masters reach target the employees get two weeks profit share. However 25% of the profits above target also go back to the employees in the form of bonus weeks.
Since EK reached target 5 months into the year we have 7 months of 25% of the profits going to us. That is in the neighborhood of 20-22 weeks judging by their reports to the investors.
Anything less than 20 weeks will be just another robbery in the long list by the masters agsinst us.
How much are they going to steal from us this year?

sheikmyarse
5th Apr 2011, 10:57
I find it funny to see all this optimistic guesses on profit share..22 weeks?
Ah ah ah!!! So funny!!
Probably your are not taking into account the large debt that Dubai still has to repay and my guess is that you will be disappointed. The cash cow is being milked to keep the Ruler afloat.. and well... may be he will still decide to buy some other multi million dollar properties in the UK with the spare coins.
As per EK struggling to find pilots no surprise. Some horrible stories of abuses , mobbing, unmotivated sacking, the essentially punishing culture, the unilaterality of decisons by management , the "contractual" violations, the night..marish rosters ,the impossibility of enforcing whatsoever right if not the one to shut up , the lack of transaparency and of legal system are spreading through the pilot community and those with a job and a brain just stay away. Beside that the number of options in places where civilizations exists is augmenting as the market recovers.
Add to this the decreasing appeal of Dubai among the general pubblic and the situation of unrest in the Middle East that, hopefully will bring the area out of the MIddle Age but at present renders the area unstable, and the picture is complete. Don' forget that they have ready the excuse of the increaing cost of fuel and most likely the above mentioned unrest easily could be used as an excuse.
Management will carefully and scientifically balance the different factors and find the minimum amount of money to keep you at the maximum level of unhappiness tollerable. That could be easily 0.
Keep recovering

boocs
5th Apr 2011, 13:27
Consider that CX announced their biggest ever profit recently ($1.8 Bill US), and their Profit Share to the workers......... a grand 5 weeks. Don't get me wrong, any profit share is better than nothing, but....
b.

a345xxx
5th Apr 2011, 16:06
Well since its all rumors... I heard 23 weeks from a reliable source.... !

Wizofoz
5th Apr 2011, 16:21
WHY of why do managers, who are actually destroying this company,

You see, Sittingly, this is where you lose the slightest credibility.

So, a company that made 2 BILLION dollars in the last year is being "Destroyed"?

If anyone doubted you were posting out of emotion rather than actual observation, this confirms it.

Fact,

In one extraordinary year they did not announce a target, yet still gave us a bonus. Every other year they have announced a profit, and distributed a profit share in line with the policy. You have yet to explain what the "Precedent" is that leads you to four weeks?

Is the announced figure manipulated? Quite possibly. But they distribute in accordance with what they announce, and they are about to announce 2 Billion.

acegreaser
5th Apr 2011, 16:55
Everyone is expecting a USD2bil profit which is AED7.36bil
Target is AED4.25b
Profit above target is AED3.11
25% of that is AED0.7775b or AED777.5mil

According to last years Annual report the company paid a total salary of AED6.345bil for the year. Which is about AED122mil a week in salary

Assuming they are not paying more salary this year, the Company will only have about 6.37 weeks to share. That is the 777.5 mil in to 122mil.

Well, I am no actuary or accountant. My reasoning could be totally flawed.

This is what I'm expecting. I wish it was more....

I can't compare it with the 3 weeks they gave last year since there was no target. The year before, that we got nothing. And I don't have the report from the earlier years to see if my reasoning is consistent with the profit share payout.

Obviously, the company is paying more salary this year. So, I guess, we might get less than 6 weeks.

SOMEONE PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG.:ouch::ok::)

Schibulsky
5th Apr 2011, 17:40
So, a company that made 2 BILLION dollars in the last year is being "Destroyed"?
...it might be if you look beyond the numbers.
Have a look here, food for thought...could be what Sittingly had in mind:
http://performance-rules.com/performance/destroying-a-company’s-culture
Destroying a Company’s Culture

Former IBM CEO, Lou Gerstner, said, “I came to see, in my time at IBM, that culture isn’t just one aspect of the game – it is the game.”
“I always viewed culture as one of those things you talked about, like marketing and advertising. It was one of the tools that a manager had at his or her disposal when you think about an enterprise. The thing I have learned at IBM is that culture is everything.”

McGreaser
5th Apr 2011, 17:50
The biggest mistake guys make is to believe Profit share is a given when the company makes money. Not in this neck of the woods. They do what they want with their profits. On that note is there anywhere it's written in the updated Employee Hand Book ? (even if it's written, doesn't mean it will be honoured, it looks nice am sure for recruitment purposes) If they don't "spread the love" with a few crumbs from the profits, the rules of the game don't change.......back to work. And they ain't nothing we can do about it. And the "we will resign" boat sailed ages ago and only a few was on it.

Sorry chaps to be negative but that's how the cookie crumbles.

puff m'call
5th Apr 2011, 18:15
Well done McGreaser i could not have put it better myself!!!
This whole thread is a waste of time, anyone who has been here long enough will realise by now that you will only get what they want to give you, and that will be as little as possible.

Ask yourself why? because it's the culture of the people you work for.:ugh:

Get as much out of you for as little in return. You might say that's the culture of most companies these days, yes they might want their "pound of flesh" but they still pay for it.

So the fact of the matter is, we will get what we get and that is it, so don't go out and buy that new car just yet. Wait and see because you just don't know, no body who matters does, not yet.

So I heard anyway...........................:rolleyes:

Wizofoz
6th Apr 2011, 02:39
The biggest mistake guys make is to believe Profit share is a given when the company makes money. Not in this neck of the woods.

Which year did they make target and not give out a bonus?

On that note is there anywhere it's written in the updated Employee Hand Book ?

It's on the portal.

(even if it's written, doesn't mean it will be honoured, it looks nice am sure for recruitment purposes)

Again, based on what year that they made target and didn't give out a bonus?

Sorry to sound like a sycophant, but this is just not based on reality. When tthey have announced a profit in excess of their target, they have given a bonus in accordence with the policy.

If you don't agree with that, state the year it didn't happen (And don't say 2009 as we DIDN'T meet target or 2010 as they didn't POST a target!).

Might the announced profit be manipulated?

I guess so, though I'd be interested in anyone able to actually produce evidence of it.

Michigan777flyer
6th Apr 2011, 03:32
WOW........does anyone need any evidence here:sad::ugh:........it does not matter there is evidence or NOT.........the MAIN POINT is.............

NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING in this place................NEVER.........:rolleyes:

NOT when they announce it......NOT when they publish it......NOT when it gets deposited into you bank account................ONLY BELIEVE IT when you are walking away from the bank with CASH IN HAND!!!!:E

Michigan777flyer
6th Apr 2011, 03:34
Btw.......

0 bonus/profit share.........
0 pay increase.......
:}
:d

Sonny Hammond
6th Apr 2011, 05:11
Boring....12.5 weeks.

a345xxx
6th Apr 2011, 05:18
Just to be a pr%^k....

How many of us actually came from a company that gave out bonuses and perks like EK? And if so why did we leave?

Still putting my money on lucky 23! :)

Oblaaspop
6th Apr 2011, 06:32
Hmmmm, 400 weeks and a 2 million% pay increase.... Who gives a stuff, we'll find out in a few weeks!!!

There are only 3 people in this company who ACTUALLY know what it's going to be, and (I'm pretty certain of this) none of them post on Pprune, so stop losing sleep over it chaps!:ugh:

skytrax
6th Apr 2011, 06:53
one of those 3 ppl is a good friend of mine. we have coffee together every week, therefore I know.
Its gonna be.........pls see my previous post on this thread.

BTW when is the official anouncement going to be made?

Schibulsky
6th Apr 2011, 07:35
BTW when is the official anouncement going to be made?
Why don't you ask your "good friend"? :p
Anyway...hope he pays the coffee...:}

skytrax
6th Apr 2011, 08:21
@Schibulsky

You are 51. By now, you should know:
1. rich people never have change to pay for the coffee. :ugh:
2. rich people dont have friends, only associates.

so... I guess that friend of mine must be "an imaginary friend".
so....a friend on my "imaginary friend" says 8 weeks.:D

once again, when is that announced? :p

ibelieveicanfly
6th Apr 2011, 10:11
if the profit share is disappointing,there will be a lot of press 2 the weeks after that.

Chewthecrude
6th Apr 2011, 14:07
The last thursday of April is usually the day the meeting was at the Crown Plaza (along with free canapes & 7up) and the payment is in the may pay packet.

But that's only historically speaking.

& the pay review?

Chewthecrude
6th Apr 2011, 14:08
Just seen AS's letter of last year was dated 6th May

critical winge
7th Apr 2011, 06:59
Considering the Middle Eastern countries are uprising due to governments sucking all the cash out of the people, what's different here than anywhere else? (infact isn't it called taxes elsewhere?) I agree that the profit share is a payment for previous loss in wages, so which ever way you look at it you are never going to be up! Maybe all expats should also ask for the UAE local pilots living allowance of about 7000 AED a month (because it is expensive to live in Dubai is the reason they get it I was told). So 7k x 12 = 84k they have already made as a pre-profit bonus on-top of the standard salary.

Guys, read the papers, EK have been slow to realize that it's not delivery or aircraft supply issues that will hamper the companies growth, we all know its the pilot numbers that will slow growth if the financial reward does not catch up. As a previous poster stated, press 2 if you are not impressed with the back pay that will come in Mays pay packet. In any company, the MOST important asset is the workforce. Its your choice, be happy with what you get but always remember, if ever you feel like you have a sick feeling in your gut, just press 2 as we don't want anyone flying who is not 100% fit and comitted for duty.

Emirates Airline
8th Apr 2011, 09:44
I say between 4-5 weeks max, however, everytime an engineer shows up in flight deck, he starts saying someting like 12-15 weeks ! :D

Laker
9th Apr 2011, 07:09
16 weeks + 6% :ok:

Check 'Six'
9th Apr 2011, 07:13
I agree with you Laker.:ok:

Although ideally speaking, 25 weeks and 25% would be more appropriate.

Good Luck to all of us.

Check Six

pipit
9th Apr 2011, 15:22
Just heard bonus announcement has been delayed until may!
Anyone heard about that?

Michigan777flyer
9th Apr 2011, 16:54
Where did you hear that from? Just wondering......

White Knight
9th Apr 2011, 18:16
Just heard bonus announcement has been delayed until may!

Hang on! April Fools was last week:{:{

BYMONEK
9th Apr 2011, 20:59
Have you thought of doing an upgrade course then? :}

pipit
10th Apr 2011, 05:11
Well twice from fleet!
Wouldn't be surpised they 'll wait for qr and ey and adjust it accordingly.
Just a thought

Kamelchaser
10th Apr 2011, 07:59
Jeez I can't resist....sittingly..what a massive overreaction to a bit of humour.:ugh:

Wizofoz
10th Apr 2011, 08:41
I have it on good authority that sittingly is a (junior) manager from a rival airline, tasked with torpedoing EK recruitment.

Sheikmyarse, an the other hand, is actually a Bot inserted by the Canadian Government.

Kamelchaser
10th Apr 2011, 09:15
There's that humour slipping in again Wiz.

Should be banned, along with democracy and free speech in the Muddle East. Scares the troops.

Sorry Sittingly..forgot you two have some sort of childish vendetta going on. My bad for even thinking people could have a sensible, mature exchange of opinions on this forum.

fourgolds
11th Apr 2011, 13:06
Bye Bye Dubai , bullseye mate. Reading the various threads about EK here , it is so abvious that EK ( probably HR have appointed a few browne nose wannabee,s to respond on prune). To attempt to discredit every post that may affect their recruitment policy and/or reputation. Dare I say who I think they are .................:yuk:

oh how the truth hurts :O

Wizofoz
11th Apr 2011, 15:10
Does anyone find it beyond the realm of possibility that EK has a little department that is tasked with reputing truths here on PPRuNe? It is in fact a reality.

Beyond possibility? No, but it is no more likely than that you actually work for an EK rival sent to deliberatley talk down EK, or that SMA is a bot.

I don't thinks that so, but aparently sacasim IS lost on you.

I'm often accused of being one of the chief appologists for EK here, and I can assure you I am no more than a humble 5th Year DEC TRI.

PM me and I'll gladly confirm that personally.

So, that being the case, are you prepared to examine the possibility your personal perspective is so far at one end of the spectrum, you can't recognise that people may genuinly have significantly different perspectives to yourself?

Jet II
11th Apr 2011, 16:48
Does anyone find it beyond the realm of possibility that EK has a little department that is tasked with reputing truths here on Pprune?

PPRUNE is good for a laugh, but I'm not sure its much more important than that.

Pilots, engineers and good managers simply would not choose this company, if not for the propaganda.

I dont know anyone who wasn't aware of exactly what the status of EK was before they stepped off the boat - if it has come as a bit of a surprise then they haven't been around that much and it is a good learning experience for them.

Most guys at EK take what it offers (and it does offer a lot) whilst it suits them - this means putting up with an awful lot of cr*p in the meantime. But then many (most?) other airlines are no different at all - unfortunately. :(

pipit
11th Apr 2011, 17:11
Just for info, EY announced a 2% salary increase!
I guess that's a good indication of ours as well.

Keep on dreaming guys

Wizofoz
11th Apr 2011, 18:15
sittingly,

Glad you agreed that there is a small dept at EK, whose sole purpose is to conter truths on PPRuNe.

Err- where did I do that???

OBVIOUSLY EMIRATES AIRLINES watches, infiltrates and manipulates the posts on PPRuNe. You gotta be a dumb ass not to think otherwise.

No, actually you have to be both a dumb ass and borderline paranoid to think they' bother...

Do you often get the feeling unseen people are watching you?

a345xxx
12th Apr 2011, 00:23
A long time ago in the mid 90's I had an FAA officer on board a flight. He actually said that the regulatory bodies of a number of countries including the good ole USA monitors PPrune!

I know for a fact there are a number of members who ARE airline management who in fact do post to repudiate statements or embellish the truths that might hurt them.

So be aware........

Jet II
12th Apr 2011, 03:49
Jetll, you are a simpleton.

OBVIOUSLY EMIRATES AIRLINES watches, infiltrates and manipulates the posts on Pprune. You gotta be a dumb ass not to think otherwise.

I think you give waaaaay to much credence to what is posted on PPRUNE - its a little corner of the internet that is good for a gossip

And that is about all.

Next time you enter your company ID, then your FOB number, then your 'secret' (each two months has to be changed) code, ask yourself why there is such security to access your email! This company is brilliant with such things, so to think they don't monitor Pprune and infiltrate this forum, would be a foolish assumption.

Have you got a tin foil hat? - many others including Rolls Royce, Virgin Blue, and Lockheed Martin, have exactly the same system.

Wizofoz
12th Apr 2011, 03:58
I know for a fact there are a number of members who ARE airline management who in fact do post to repudiate statements or embellish the truths that might hurt them.

I have heard that certain quite senior manager monitor PPRUNE- I can see why, it is a useful tool for getting an idea of what's causing morale problems.

But I' m not aware fo any managers that post (and certainly not some sinister "Boiler room" operation!!).

345, don't be shy. If you have verifiable facts, name which posters are management and what positions they hold.

BYMONEK
12th Apr 2011, 17:13
Kamelchaser

I'm offended that you'd even contemplate the thought of me having a private argument with sittingidly. Not only does he struggle to spell my name each time, he probably even confuses himself with his contridictory posts. This guy is one big wind up. Treat as such.

Anyway, May 10th will be the day of truth. My guess is either a large pay rise (10% +) or a whopping profit share (18 weeks). Unless we get at least one of those and sufficient new pilots to fly our shiny new jets later this year, there's going to be a lot more pissed off postings on these threads.

If the Company wants to almost double in size and retain highly qualified pilots, that will make for an interesting 18 months ahead.

Uplink
12th Apr 2011, 18:01
I havent posted on here for a long time but as I finally had a couple of days off and wasnt asleep for a change, I thought I would take a peek at the gossip.

Every year we speculate as to what we will get. Is anyone ever correct in their guesses? All I can say is, I hope we dont get much.....

Contentious statement I know but there is a reason for this.

This is not the company I joined, or should I say my contract I signed all those years ago doesnt represent the supposed contract I have now. But then Dubai isnt the place I remember from all those years ago either. Have a look at this link from an article in Vanity Fair. I had this sent to me and have to say it hits the nail on the head.

Dubai on Empty | Culture | Vanity Fair (http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2011/04/dubai-201104)

The main thing to learn from this is that Dubai is broke. The only things making money I hear are the Ports and the Airline. Abu Dhabi want their money and this is what they will tap to get it. So all our efforts and hard work over the past 2 years are for nothing. The profits will be used to pay the debts. I am not even going to hazard a guess as to what the company will give as a bonus. All I do know is this. I have a feeling we will be hugely disappointed. I think we will be angry...... Angry because they will give us a paltry amount. It will be better than zero but nothing that represents what the company has made. The pay rise will be of a similar amount....paltry...

But thats going to start the mass exodus. For instance, has anyone looked at the seniority list recently. I look quite often at it. We have recruited over 1000 pilots in the past 3 years and yet the seniority list has only increased by about 350 in that time. Its like a bucket full of holes. 3 pilots quit today. Yeah they still get the bonus, but i think this is the first of many. I think there is a huge intake of breath as we all await the ''good news for pay and bonus'' once its announced the cabin crew will leave in droves. Pilots also. There is an arrogance in this company that everyone wants to join. Its not happening now. They have no more people from May. When they announce the paltry pay rise and bonus no one will want to join....and why would they???

Emirates you have taken my overtime payments away... you have cost me an absolute fortune. The guy that suggested it is now in a position that reports to AAR directly. He is untouchable. I hope you can sleep at night.. The majority of us are wiped out from the work patterns we are getting...This country is so expensive now that i laugh at the payrise i got last year. It wasnt enough by 20%... The company cut and cut and cut and still cut. I get less money for my layovers now than I did 10 years ago...and what happened to the pay scales... I havent had an increment rise for 3 years.

So EK, go ahead and give us your best shot. If you then dont get any people wanting to join this prestigious company, that could with a little effort could be the best job in the world, dont complain.

BUT then again, I may be wrong....

Wizofoz
13th Apr 2011, 04:59
Does any intelligent person working at EK/EY not realize that at the very least these company's monitor PPRuNe? In fact, they infiltrate PPRuNe but to what extent is debatable.

sittingly,

You didn't say anything was debatable. You said it was a fact.

A fact is not a suspicion. It is something you know because of empirical, verifiable evidence.

Now it seems you admit what you claimed as fact is mearly conjecture, conjured up by your over-emotional attitude in your posts here.

SO, they take jabs at people, make absurd assertions and then go home at the end of the day.

Therefore, there sholud be no posts by these people sent outside office hours. Care to test that? Post a name and we'll check.

Are you really saying the "Jabs" directed at negative posters are worse than those directed at positive posters, in the same post as you question anothers intelligence for the third of fourth time?

Keep in mind, these people have to be subtle and they change their ID once people start questioning their motives.

Try some detached,critical thinking not just about EK, but about things like your naive ideas about investment, and you are more likely to come to rational conclusions.

fatbus
13th Apr 2011, 10:15
First off it a profit share ,only VP's get a bonus, and as long as you are on the payrole in May you get the profit share, unless that has changed since last year

drop kick
14th Apr 2011, 05:04
Well it looks like we will all know, not so soon :ugh:
10th may is the announcment:hmm:

Chewthecrude
14th Apr 2011, 05:22
The wording of the corp comms invite is a bit dire it seems....

Traditionally it's been on the last thurs of April. It seems odd after all these years for it to be near mid may.

I'm forever with a half full cup but it feels like it may be a half empty cup this year:(

We'll see 10th at 1pm won't we?

a345xxx
14th Apr 2011, 06:02
Cmon Lucky 23!!!! :)

yada.yada.yada
14th Apr 2011, 07:42
I'm with you A345! :D

145qrh
14th Apr 2011, 07:44
Think you missed the decimal point. :)

skytrax
14th Apr 2011, 09:10
10th of May!!!!
Better be good to worth the long wait (not that we have a choice anyway).
The results briefing will be hosted by HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. I get this feeling he 'll announce a consistent amount of weeks. Otherwise he'd send a VP to do the talk.

MrMachfivepointfive
14th Apr 2011, 10:04
He never delegated to a VP in the past. Even when it was zero weeks.

skytrax
14th Apr 2011, 10:28
Why dont you let me dream nicely in my own little world of hope?!

PS: Im wondering if the late anouncement is due to some calculations of how much of the profit will go to Dubai and its debt.

fatbus
14th Apr 2011, 10:34
23 weeks was started by a drunk east coaster saying 2 to 3 weeks

MrMachfivepointfive
14th Apr 2011, 10:38
Not really. A couple of years ago when the bonus was 14 weeks, HH asked his staff whether this was the biggest bonus ever granted by an airline. So, they said. SIA once paid out 22 weeks.
I am sure, one day he wants to be able to say: This is the biggest bonus ever paid by any airline.
We all hope the time is now.

skytrax
14th Apr 2011, 11:01
I agree with the fact that HH would love to annonce a record profit share. Would be a huge pride for him and the company. EK likes to take the pride for being the best, the biggest, the first to etc etc.
If the time is now for that record profit share or is yet to come I dont know.

a345xxx
14th Apr 2011, 12:37
Well if SQ's 22 weeks is going to be the standard then we should be in the money! The Sheikh owes the Singaporeans one for one upping him on the 380 and calling EK the first loser!

Not sure but SQ also has never made such a massive profit as EK's potential USD2+ billion!

I also believe SQ are announcing their full year on the 12th of May...2 days later!

Payback? Hmmmm!!!! :)

fatbus
14th Apr 2011, 14:02
SQ's 22 weeks basic would = how many weeks of EK, do your research before you respond. You might be a bit surprized.

Schibulsky
14th Apr 2011, 15:37
HH attempt of declaring the biggest profit share ever is probably going the same way as opening the Burj Dubai...ooops...the Burj Khalifa :E

a345xxx
15th Apr 2011, 00:57
I had to check that one out as well.....

SQ New Skipper SGD10000 = UAE DHS 29381.4

SQ New FO SGD 5000 = UAE DHS 14690.7

Thats per month so you would have to multiply by 12 then divide by 52!

Fairly close I reckon......

Payscale
16th Apr 2011, 07:14
I am so happy to have a guy like you to explain the middle east to me...:D

BigGeordie
16th Apr 2011, 14:09
No need for (more) paranoia about the timing of the announcement. I think it is more likely that in order to get maximum publicity for the announcement they don't want it to clash with the Royal Wedding in the UK and the Easter holidays in the rest of the world. If they wanted to cover up bad news they would have timed it for the same day as the nuptials in the UK.

fatbus
16th Apr 2011, 15:30
SIT sometimes it would be better if you thought before you post, you are now on the ignore list.

emratty
16th Apr 2011, 15:54
Big Geordie is correct the Royal wedding will be one of the most watched events in tv history so it makes sense for EK to announce record profits on a quiet news day.
Sittingidly your posts are getting more and more erratic what has the performance of the Tornado( which you know nothing about) in Libya got to do with profit share??:ugh:

falconeasydriver
16th Apr 2011, 16:09
Sitting, you are a pillick.....

Said it once, 3 weeks is my guess, 5 weeks maximum.

White Knight
16th Apr 2011, 16:34
Sittingidly - you are, quite simply, a tool:ugh::ugh::ugh:

I still think he's mensaboy with a different handle:rolleyes:

Wizofoz
16th Apr 2011, 16:56
Nope,

Mensa was long-winded but at least made SOME sense.

Sittingly- GET HELP!!

allaru
16th Apr 2011, 17:02
WTF are you trying to say sittingidly, FFS (For F&$k sakes) speak English man. John Howard might be right based on that rant.

Anyway minimum 8 weeks, max 15 weeks. Don't expect much of a pay rise as the mis managers are never very original and will likely follow EYs ill founded example.

The barnacles (HR) usually base their decisions on lame articles written by other HR idiots in lame magazines like Arabian business and the like, as they are usually lacking for ideas of their own.

Well that's my rant now back to my Laphroaig.

jackbauer
16th Apr 2011, 17:14
Sit, you are obviously unstable, or a knob. Perhaps both.

sheikmyarse
16th Apr 2011, 17:26
I feel compelled to intervene in support of Sitting... excellent post!!
The level of imbecillity in this forum sometimes amazes me.
The royal wedding? Who gives a ****E!!

acegreaser
16th Apr 2011, 18:18
Last year when EK made exceptional profits when the aviation world was suffering, EK and Dubai wanted the world to know this fact.

With the Ingerlund elections somewhere towards the end of April last year, our Annual Report was also postponed til after the elections. I think they wanted the world's media attention on Dubai.

Not saying they are postponing the announcement because of the Royal Wedding, but I would not put it past them.

drop kick
16th Apr 2011, 18:20
Well in this instance the people who give a ****e are the PR department of Emirates, why bury their biggest ever profit when all the news will be about the royal wedding, whether you are a Brit basher or not its in many people's eyes the biggest news story of the year.

saywhat
16th Apr 2011, 19:27
I feel compelled to intervene in support of Sitting... excellent post!!
The level of imbecillity in this forum sometimes amazes me.
The royal wedding? Who gives a ****E!!

Pretty much the same could be said about EK's profits........The only people that actually care are those who work there and are reliant on a big figure for a big bonus.......The rest of the world could not give a sontinental chit how much money EK makes. Face it, before you worked at Emirates, did you even know if EK declared their profits?

There are however millions upon millions of morons out there that do care about the wedding of two plonkers that they will never meet. A lot of those wedding watchers are not even British subjects.........Go figure. The world is a strange place........I'm guessing that the announcement has been delayed because the "boss" might be planning to watch the wedding himself......

Oblaaspop
17th Apr 2011, 07:08
Well, I for one will be watching it in the hope that it p1sses with rain and Kate's wedding dress becomes see through..... Lovely jubbley;)

Chewthecrude
17th Apr 2011, 07:14
Oblaapop at last a sensible post!!:ok:

Wizofoz
17th Apr 2011, 09:46
I have noted that the future HRH Queen Katherine has quite a nice Butt....

a345xxx
18th Apr 2011, 00:39
If you're a PR crazy attention seeking wh#$e like EK then the wedding will matter! They want the limelight as much as next celebrity/royal!!!

Akali Dal
18th Apr 2011, 01:40
Sigh, see who is seeking attention on pprune with the inane comments all over the various fora.:ugh:

skytrax
18th Apr 2011, 16:14
I cant belive that some of you think that world revolvs around aviation and more than that around EK.
There's a world out there and this world doesnt gives a monkey's a..ss about our profit share or even know about it.
Who cares in UK, Burkina Fasso, US or China how much money EK made?

This anouncement is important for the employees and the competition.
That's all.
the delay is probably due to more calculations.

White Knight
18th Apr 2011, 17:19
I cant belive that some of you think that world revolvs around aviation and more than that around EK.
There's a world out there and this world doesnt gives a monkey's a..ss about our profit share or even know about it.
Who cares in UK, Burkina Fasso, US or China how much money EK made?

Disagree strongly Skytrax - I imagine IATA want to see an airline turning some good profits with the doom and gloom of the last ten years.. maybe the world wants to see something positive too!

As well as Boeing and Airbus (EK got a lot of their machinery coming), and the other airlines no doubt. Last year the results were delayed 'cos of the UK election, this year for the wedding. Have you thought that maybe HH Sheihks Mohammed and Ahmed may be in London around the end of April??????

skytrax
18th Apr 2011, 18:02
@W.Knight

I agree with you here.
IATA and main manufacturerers are part of the aviation world.
They want to know (my assumption is that they already know. they keep a close track of all their big clients profits and business trends). Anyone who has in interested in aviation would like to know.

What Im talking about is the general public from all over the world. They dont care about our profit share. My point is that EK profit is not global news.

EK is, of course, interested about the impact of its anouncement is going to have in media. They already know more or less, as they work with big PR companies which can measure the impact in advance..
EK profit is never gonna make the first page in Times, NY Times or CNN. this sort of news is treated in business pages and economics shows, unless is something extremly out of ordinary.

In local and regionaly media the subject is gonna have more coverage but this is because of the proximity rule. Its something strongly related to the country and the Gulf region.

White Knight
18th Apr 2011, 18:39
What Im talking about is the general public from all over the world. They dont care about our profit share. My point is that EK profit is not global news.

Except of course, the general public is hoping that Emirates will continue to:

A) Offer cheap flights, point to point around most of the world.

B) Continue to sponsor financially their fave rugby/cricket/football/yacht/horse/basketball/knitting team etc etc....

C) Who knows... But good news is good news:D After volcanoes, tsunamis, terrorists, agitation in MENA countries, solar flares and speeding tickets....

saywhat
19th Apr 2011, 04:25
.......and don't forget, the world ends in 2012. This will be the last time a big announcement can be made.:};)

Wizofoz
19th Apr 2011, 05:52
.......and don't forget, the world ends in 2012. This will be the last time a big announcement can be made.

You're an optimist.

Apparently the Rapture happens on May 21st, with the whole shebang being over in october.....

Family Radio (FR) Worldwide - Judgment Day: May 21, 2011 (http://worldwide.familyradio.org/en/)

Hey! It's on the radio, so it must be true!!

SOPS
19th Apr 2011, 14:44
Thats just great! The big day happens and I will be flying accross the Pole as it occurs, I always miss out on the fun stuff:E