PDA

View Full Version : Emirates

crewsunite
3rd Mar 2011, 02:33
Is there truth in the Rumour?
(That they are headhunting CX HK Pilots)

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/444244-life-emirates.html

sony
3rd Mar 2011, 07:02
CX HK pilots ??? as opposed to CX pilots... lol

Captain Dart
3rd Mar 2011, 09:00
They have an awful lot of airframes on order that EK will need piloted. There is also an awful lot of unrest in the Middle East at the moment, and it has never been an appealing place for expats (European and Chinese) to live. They are gonna have to offer one or both of the following:

1. BASES

2. A-SCALE SALARIES

If they do, CX will have some serious competition on the Pilot Futures Market.

The Wraith
3rd Mar 2011, 09:57
If they matched the CX package I'd be outta here tomorrow, and I don't think I'd be alone. A LOT of guys at CX have just about had enough and are not scared of moving or of change.:sad:

broadband circuit
3rd Mar 2011, 12:19
They have an awful lot of airframes on order that EK will need piloted.

I heard that late last year, the CEO of Emirates was at the flying school in Adelaide for an Emirates cadet graduation (same school as CX uses), and passed his card around to all of the CX trainees, and said that they could have a job at Emirates once they finished their training if they wanted.

As bad as the EK package might be, it would still be an expat package, as opposed to the local terms C Scale on offer at CX.

motley flight crue
3rd Mar 2011, 12:51
No way would EK hire 200 hour CX cadets.

freightdog188
3rd Mar 2011, 13:13
Q: how many hours do you think the EK cadets have once they leave ADL to go back to Dubai to fly EK jets?

A: exactly the same as the CX cadets, when they leave ADL ...

sorvad
3rd Mar 2011, 14:43
The Wraith

Forgive me but isn't your statement a bit of an oxymoron?....basically you're saying that if Emirates can give you every thing that Cathay is giving, then you'll leave because you're fed up with what Cathay is giving??

Sorry, I am being a bit facetious I know, but be very careful with Emirates..if you think CX doesnt give a s%&t, then I think you will find Emirates even worse..it wasnt long ago that they wanted to disregard time in the bunk toward flying hours, they wont give two hoots about fatigue as long as its legal and by all accounts the culture clashes there can be something to behold..I know a few folk who have gone there and regret it big time.The unfortunate bottom line is there is a totally different work ethic in asia and the subcontinent/Middle east than there might be with our beloved national flag carriers, and even with them its all gradually coming down to the lowest common denominator.

The Grass definitely isn't always greener!

motley flight crue
3rd Mar 2011, 16:01
EK cadets are emirati and only emiratis. All other FO's have minimum 2000 jet hours. Cadets will be upgraded after about 10 years. Not what EK are looking for at the moment.

FreqFlyer001
7th Mar 2011, 10:56
This might not be a relevant question in FH but what exactly does EK have against bases?

geh065
7th Mar 2011, 12:57
Emirates do this every few years in Hong Kong and hardly anyone ever leaves CX for them, despite the number of people who turn up for the talk.

Captain Dart
7th Mar 2011, 21:03
Freqflyer, the answer can be found in one phrase: 'loss of control'. Also, the Arabs have had slave trading in their DNA for millennia. Having said that though, after hearing for years 'basings will never happen' from CX management, they were dragged kicking and screaming into them by housing and other costs. And Emirates has a huge crew requirement.

However, CX had nasty surprises after the 49er debacle when various governments discovered that CX had not been complying with tax, labor laws etc. There are still issues today with CX basings with regard to inadequate and amateurish administration, which they are only now trying to fix.

In Hong Kong, the little pimple on the butt of China, CX management can go about saying, 'wah, we big 'hong' in Hong Kong we do wha' we wan'. But in the rest of this very big world, CX is just another company that has to comply with the law of the land. I'm sure Emirates in the UAE vs the rest of the world would be a similar secenario.