PDA

View Full Version : NetJets - firm order for 50 Globals . . .

bizjets101
2nd Mar 2011, 14:25
Firm order for 50 Globals and options for 70 more . . .

Corporate > Media Centre > Press Releases (http://www.bombardier.com/en/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/details?docID=0901260d80162feb)

Cloud Chaser
3rd Mar 2011, 11:11
With an order of this size going to Bombardier, in addition to the previous one with Embraer, they are clearly confident of a strong recovery (in the medium to long term.)

Any thoughts on how this will affect recruitment?

I suspect some of these aircraft will replace some of the older airframes and, at NJE anyway, there are a lot of furloughed crew to be called back first. :confused:

mr_incredable
3rd Mar 2011, 12:37
I dont think the word 'recruitment' is going to be heard in Netjets for a quite a few years to come yet!

Cloud Chaser
3rd Mar 2011, 13:11
mr_incredable, I get the impression, you are one of the crew on the job share scheme(?). Do you have any ideas of the numbers still waiting for a recall?

hollingworthp
3rd Mar 2011, 13:26
A LOT (circa 250-300)

Cloud Chaser
3rd Mar 2011, 14:03
Crikey, cheers hollingworthp, didn't realise it was that many. :eek:
At least the company is looking to the future with these orders, good luck to you all.

INNflight
3rd Mar 2011, 16:22
Will they be split up between NJA and NJE? I was under the impression that the order was for NJA only.

I'd assume the Gulfstreams will take a hike sooner or later though.

Cloud Chaser
5th Mar 2011, 08:27
Affirm INNflight, nature of the split unconfirmed but the link below (third paragraph) suggest some will be heading for NJE.

NetJets Places First-ever Bombardier Order, and It?s a Big One: AINonline (http://www.ainonline.com/news/single-news-page/article/netjets-places-first-ever-bombardier-order-and-its-a-big-one-28845/)

Although I agree a large number will replace some of the older aircraft.

So that's an order for up to 120 Globals and up to 125 Phenoms.
Not counting whatever is left of the reduced Hawker order, thats potentially 245 new airframes over the next six years or so!

Realise it's a long road, but that gives me hope for the future. :)

deskjockey101
6th Mar 2011, 18:29
Warren gets out the big guns......................Vista and Flex...will they be able to compete??

H.Finn
6th Mar 2011, 20:10
This is a good sign that the economy, and aviation, is recovering. NetJets is speculating on the demand of Globals increasing, buying such a number of the large jets. Once again, it remains to be seen how many deliveries they will actually take. Anybody remembers how many Falcon 7Xs they ordered a few years ago, was it 50 or something? How many do they have now? How much money have they made selling their options to "real" customers?

No RYR for me
7th Mar 2011, 10:23
Interesting to note that most of the salesteam that made NJE succesful are now moving to Vista. :D

I am not a Vista lover because of their T&G's compared to NJE's but still a nice coup by mr F. :8

On standby
7th Mar 2011, 15:02
That'll be Vista finished then.

My experiences with the sales team are pretty bad.

CaptainProp
7th Mar 2011, 17:54
Anybody remembers how many Falcon 7Xs they ordered a few years ago, was it 50 or something? How many do they have now?

Exactly my thought when I saw the press release....

bizjets101
7th Mar 2011, 18:40
If I recall they canceled 65 Falcons including

31 Falcon 7X's and canceled 32 Hawker 4000.

I'm actually sitting at a Starbucks overlooking Downsview Airport CYZD
right now - so I have to support the Global order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No RYR for me
8th Mar 2011, 10:37
That'll be Vista finished then.
Yes but for a different reason: no more nice deals from Bombardier that kept them afloat.

My experiences with the sales team are pretty bad. That might be true from your experience but let's face it, the statistics dont lie: the team sold enough to grow a fleet fleet from 30 to 150 in 7 years.. Not bad considering they were selling the most expensive product on the market.....

On standby
9th Mar 2011, 11:52
They sold all those in a bouyant market making promises no one could keep.

They also had a no holds barred budget to market and sell and little competition.

It's a very different story today.

Cloud Chaser
9th Mar 2011, 12:50
They are banking on a market recovery and buying when nobody else is to negotiate a discount. Good business practice. This is a long term view, with the last aircraft not due for delivery until 2017 at the earliest.

The economy does seem to be bottoming out, with some countries already showing signs of an upturn. We all know the aviation industry is cyclical and one would hope that at some point during that time the market will recover to pre-recession conditions.

The Embraer and Bombardier orders together are only firm for 100 airframes the other 145 are options, they can take them or leave them. Given a current worldwide fleet of over 800 aircraft, and taking into account end of life replacements, not an outlandish order.

But the fact that they are looking ahead six years, rather than concentrating on just surviving the present, as many others are, still gives me hope for the bizjet market in general, and them in particular.

deskjockey101
9th Mar 2011, 15:04
Is it such a different story!! There is only 1 additional credible competitor since the 2004-2007 days, and the results of years of super heavy marketing is that they are still the only player who are widely known........."did you netjet here, or come commercial"

Now they have a handle on costs (which anyone who worked there knew was a massive issue) they look like a good strong company again......and with Warren's bank in the background...........let's get the fight on!!!

Superpilot
9th Mar 2011, 15:14
...and owned by an old fogle for whom a 100 million dollars is no major loss. Hence the "success"

falconbis
10th Mar 2011, 06:42
there are mainly replacement aircraft for the US and the Europe with a provision for growth in the option, regarding the falcon order Netjets negociated them at pic time (2006) so they cancel all order to renegociate a better bargain today, Santulli not beeing here mean that Bombardier is now part of the bid and the oofer of Bombardier was extremly low as they want the deal at all cost, they ve accepted to take back the old Netjets airplane (gulfstream and falcons) have airplane deliver from 2012 and to not sale same type to direct Netjets competition ..Flex in US Vista in Europe...