PDA

View Full Version : Assume The Position

sisemen
1st Mar 2011, 07:55
Right lads, trousers down and assume the position

David Cameron and other Western leaders are on the brink of ordering military action against Col Muammar Gaddafi

You're about to get shafted again.

dc1968
1st Mar 2011, 08:14
Oh yeah....without a UN mandate no chance! I really don't think Cameron would even seriously consider following a similar path as Tony Blair once did! And besides, why not just let our American 'cousins' deal with it on their own seeing as they had a bash at him a few years back. I mean, it's not like there's a legitamate reason for the West to 'go-in' tooled-up apart from general preservation of human life...oh and securing the oil reserves as well! Hmmm...does anyone else have a similar feeling of 'Deja Vu' by chance?

RedhillPhil
1st Mar 2011, 08:33
Just think how easy it would be in Libya's chief export was carrots.

RumPunch
1st Mar 2011, 08:41
David Cameron wants to get a war under his belt, would not surprise me if we get involved tbh. He wants a war trophy in his cabinet, he just looks like that sort of PM

dc1968
1st Mar 2011, 09:13
David Cameron wants to get a war under his belt, would not surprise me if we get involved tbh. He wants a war trophy in his cabinet, he just looks like that sort of PM

Well he'd better hurry up because at the rate their cutting back on our defence there's going to be no-one left to task!

Al R
1st Mar 2011, 09:20
I can't help but think - just how confusing IS our message?

We looked the other way when the Aouzou Strip resulted in relentless slaughter of innocents, we crusade around the world slamming terrorists - yet we let one go from Glasgow, we say we want to sieze his assets now.. but we allowed Yvonne Fletcher's killers to leave.

I'm not naive and I'm a real world realist, but no wonder we seem to be held in such low esteem by so many Arabs, who base their thinking on principle - not politik.

7x7
1st Mar 2011, 09:47
Oh well, if HM forces do go in, they could always pick up the still hale and hearty Lockerbie bomber and bring him back for another medical checkup.

PingDit
1st Mar 2011, 16:36
Crying shame Red Adair passed away at age 89.
I think he would have been in much demand very soon!

D O Guerrero
1st Mar 2011, 17:57
AI R - the problem with Al-Megrahi is that he didn't really do it did he?!
Just ask the UK families...

Dengue_Dude
1st Mar 2011, 19:00
You HAVE got to wonder about whether he's delusional or not don't you?

Probably the worst cuts imaginable, morale decimated, not much positive to look forward to . . . and the clown is threatening to take our country to yet another war.

Does he think the people of that country will say 'Oh look, the Brits helped us out . . . let's sell UK the oil really cheaply'.

Pigs will be about the only thing flying soon. I just cannot get my head around what arseholes politicians really are, despite all the evidence.