PDA

View Full Version : DGCA Blacklisted 737 TRTOs

pier39lab
1st Mar 2011, 05:23
I recently stumbled upon a yet-another-shocking-news from DGCA that isn't published anywhere on papers (typical DGCA behavior). The wrecked DGCA has blacklisted certain TRTOs for unknown grounds and I'm sure they have no good reasons to explain. And those of you who're looking for a type rating, please visit the DGCA and find out if your training centres are in the bad bad list.
As far as I know, this is the list

Higher Power Aviation (Fort Worth, Texas, USA)

RJ Flight Academy (Dubai)

The DGCA may issue the NOCs for these schools but after you're trained and back for endorsements, they may shoot your applications down!
If you guys got a bigger list, please let everyone know so they're safe with their hard earned money and time.

Bonnie31
1st Mar 2011, 05:35
Are you sure abt Higher Power Aviation (Fort Worth, Texas, USA)

:ugh:

rahulred5
1st Mar 2011, 05:57
^ This is a load of bollocks. Most of the above schools are well respected TRTO's in their home countries. As long as they are recognised by the respective civil aviation board there is no such thing as "blacklisting" unless DGCA puts out an official letter.

pier39lab
1st Mar 2011, 06:42
@rahulred5 (http://www.pprune.org/members/232975-rahulred5), I concur, the mentioned TRTOs are top notch in their countries. The DGCA officials at the department told us that they're blacklisted and REFRAIN from training there, I haven't a clue what they're trying to do or mean (trying to reduce their work load? or some strong internal tie-ups with the CAE?) Having said that, such a heartsick aviation governing body like the DGCA have no rights to blackbook them, but alas, they have all the rights to not issue a license.
It could be a horror show and full of surprises when you think about a TR these days, big money can easily go down the drain.

pier39lab
1st Mar 2011, 06:50
@Bonnie31, (http://www.pprune.org/members/333771-bonnie31)
Am I sure? To make sure, people in lots (I mean like a LOT!!) those curious about the "blacklist" need to visit the DGCA and question them about the legitimacy.

estranged soul
1st Mar 2011, 07:55
Money invested in aviation is never safe. It is always a gamble from day one.

Regarding the "unofficial blacklisting" of the mentioned schools, it is so easy to understand why.

Allegations that DGCA blacklist certain schools? Ones which charge half or a third of the price of a 737 or A320 type rating at CAE.

Obviously, it would be difficult or rather, impossible for the DGCA to get an official circular out on this, because they really do not have any means or reasons to officially blacklist the schools, and doing so would get them into trouble with the big brother (FAA).
Which is why they are unofficially rejecting applications from the above mentioned (and many other schools).

Sorry fellows, but you're living in hell governed by jack a$$es, and there's no one else to blame but you yourselves.

You get what you deserve. (and that includes your politicians and other leaders.)

naughtyjay
1st Mar 2011, 08:21
AGREE 100% with "estranged soul"
perfectly put buddy...

pier39lab
1st Mar 2011, 12:27
"Money invested in aviation is never safe. It is always a gamble from day one."

Excellent estranged_soul! Some win, some lose

List Edited: K and S Aviation, Mesa, Arizona, USA is NOT Blacklisted

pier39lab
17th Mar 2011, 18:48
Can someone confirm if K and S aviation, Mesa, Arizona is blacklisted?
Thanks

captjns
18th Mar 2011, 03:23
Perhaps it’s time for the rest of the free world to blacklist the Indian DGCA for corruptness within their own ranks, ineptness in managing their own aviation system and inability to determine the number of fraudulent Indian pilots flying outside of Indian airspace.

A69
18th Mar 2011, 06:42
Perhaps it’s time for the rest of the free world to blacklist the Indian DGCA for corruptness within their own ranks, ineptness in managing their own aviation system and inability to determine the number of fraudulent Indian pilots flying outside of Indian airspace.

I second that :ok:

rahulred5
17th Jun 2011, 03:40
guys any update on this "blacklist"

Last I heard higherpower was OFF the blacklist and the FID told me they are accepting applications for noc. Has anyone heard otherwise ??