PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways in Sao Paulo

varigflier
27th Feb 2011, 01:28
Pilots Open Day - São Paulo, Brazil | Qatar Airways (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/pilots-openday.html)

Enjoy!!

VF

TOFFAIR
3rd Mar 2011, 19:18
It wasn't quite what i expected.
For a "5 star airline" the deal is not that luxurious.
I think its still an option if you are pissed with your current job, or if your love more that part of the world then here.
For tam and gol FOs with an expectation of promotion beyond 5-7 years from now it could be worth the bet, and for those flying other companies the key to a real career and the chance to fly a new widebody one day and upgrade as well.
They do not assign to a type and for guys like me who never flown a Widebody, you end up feeling smal... expect nothing more than initially A320 family for at least the next 3 1/2 years...
And salary comes prety close fr9om what you can make in Brazil, not taking into consideration benefits like tax-free, housing provision and school allowance...
:} Well, Its an option still...

cochise
4th Mar 2011, 06:45
TOFFAIR, Who do you work for in Brazil that pays "salary comes prety close "?:suspect:

TOFFAIR
4th Mar 2011, 14:06
I ve been offered those figures to fly a souvereign...

...anyway, it's rather a personal decision and it might seem more appealing to some than others. Just, in my opinion, the package could have some more.

varigflier
5th Mar 2011, 07:05
The Gulf carriers need to update their packages a little in order to attract more people. Costs of living have gone up and the pay is still the same....

loc22550
6th Mar 2011, 03:14
Toffair.fully agree with you.
But the so called "5 stars .."airline is only for business class and first class passenger treatment.Nothing to do with pilots treatment...
In comparison Emirates might not be a "5 stars" ailrine but at least they have better salary, pension plan for pilots and nice profit share every year....
The only think i got ONCE in almost a decade here(Q.R.)....: 1 week Bonus!:E
No pension.

TOFFAIR
14th Mar 2011, 14:03
@loc

Are you still flying there? what type? Are you Brazilian?

loc22550
14th Mar 2011, 15:39
i'm not Brazilian.
Flying the 320.:uhoh:
If you ever need some figures regarding salary/condition let me known.

varigflier
15th Mar 2011, 16:21
How's the life on the a320?
I passed at the opportunity to fly the 777 mainly because of the lifestyle for singles. It didn't impress me much.

VF

TOFFAIR
16th Mar 2011, 03:19
HI!
I live in Brazil, The story looks quite plausible, it seems to me the big companies here have a history of employing low attitude pilots, with fake hours logged and all covered up, even with local authority knowledge or help sometimes.
Looks like one of his contact is a lawyer. You can twitter her!
I would recomend you to get in touch with Brazilian Federal Police, I dont think Jonas is a Fish too big to get caught... and I bet he want miss opportunity to do the next scheme!
Good luck though!

loc22550
16th Mar 2011, 06:57
varigflier:
Life on 320 in QR...:easy answer: not brilliant.. especially for Captain!
Tiring,unfair roster, lots of changes,minimum days off ..8..9../month...