PDA

View Full Version : e-mail scam initiative.

Saab Dastard
26th Feb 2011, 19:32
A positive initiative, if you haven't already seen it:

Report e-mail scams, National Fraud Authority urges (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12586742)

Apologies for the UK bias!

SD

Loose rivets
26th Feb 2011, 21:19
Jaw dropping.

with the average victim who reports a fraud losing £27,000.

Keef
26th Feb 2011, 21:27
It looks like a good initiative, so I sent it a report with a con scam that had got though Spamcop. It bounced back as undeliverable with a subsequent address not being valid ([email protected]).

Pity.

BOAC
26th Feb 2011, 21:55
.....of course, it could be a scam itself....................:hmm:

hellsbrink
27th Feb 2011, 06:09
It looks like a good initiative, so I sent it a report with a con scam that had got though Spamcop. It bounced back as undeliverable with a subsequent address not being valid ([email protected]).

Why did you email when the Action Fraud website has a form you fill in when you wish to report a scammer (might not work for forwarding emails)?

And did you use the following email address to forward scam emails, clearly says that address is to be used.

[email protected]

BOAC
27th Feb 2011, 06:42
HB - it looks as if the government/Quangos have managed another 80% success with this site/initiative. Without knowing what Keef did, I suspect he followed the 'front page' which tells you
"You can now forward on scam emails you receive to Action Fraud at [email protected]." - an apparently simple procedure?

Now after another 4 mouse clicks we find it will take you "20-30 minutes to fill in the on-line form" to submit an email.

It is not really very clear what they want. Option 1) is the one that will produce results. I predict only the die-hards will follow option 2)