PDA

View Full Version : Kindle for rough drafts?

Loose rivets
25th Feb 2011, 18:21
Does anyone know if I can use Kindle format for my own use?

I want to send, say, a chapter to be read by a fellow hopeful, and receive the same from them.

I know the format is the property of a company, but I can't readily see if one can use it for one's own work.

green granite
25th Feb 2011, 18:28
From the river site.

Personal Document Service Via Whispernet

Kindle makes it easy to take your personal documents with you, eliminating the need to print. Each Kindle has a unique and customisable e-mail address. You can set your unique e-mail address on your Manage Your Kindle page. This allows you and your approved contacts to send Word, PDF documents, and pictures to your Kindle via Whispernet for a small fee—see details. Kindle supports wireless delivery of unprotected Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX), PDF, HTML, TXT, RTF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, PRC and MOBI files. Some complex PDF and DOCX files might not format correctly on your Kindle.

Loose rivets
25th Feb 2011, 18:46
That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks.

I'd just seen the Improved PDF handling, so that was a step in the right direction - however, I don't suppose anyone in the world but me will be using .WPD much longer. I just can't wean myself away from my trusty WP 8. :rolleyes: