PDA

View Full Version : Longline technique notes.

myskyheli
25th Feb 2011, 04:01
Greetings all,

After a little help...

I'm now flying general aviation on singles and have been doing occasional sling work for years. However, beceause of the terrain and jobs, I've never received any longline training (100 footish), as there has never really been the need for it. I did one fire job last year however where the client wanted 100 foot bucket for "mop-up", and being out on job, with no choice, it was time to self-teach. I'm sure the guys on the ground wondered why it was taking me so damm long to get the wet stuff on the red stuff! Instantly, I was back to a useless learner again, realising there was a whole new aspect to this game that I was well out of my depth with. Not wanting to "learn the hard way" on everything, I'm chasing some training / technique notes from those of you polished in this field. (Yes, I know there are plenty of training organisations who do this work, but I'm not in a position to head off and sign up on the off chance of another similar job). I'm just hoping to read some 'pearls of wisdom' so I can apply good techniques when next the opportunity presents itself).

If anyone has some good notes / articles etc, I would be very pleased to get hold of a copy.

Many thanks in advance.

paco
25th Feb 2011, 04:33
LOL - you did the Northern Mountain course! :)

Phil

cab driver
25th Feb 2011, 04:54
http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/194818-slingloading-longlining-9.html

Specifically posts #168 thru 170 by 170'. Arguably the best technique primer you'll find on these forums.

myskyheli
25th Feb 2011, 06:37
Thanks Guys,

I did a search before I posted, but missed those ones. Good reading and just what I was after.

Cheers.