PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand $50 fares Christchurch

John Citizen
24th Feb 2011, 03:36
Air NZ extends $50 fares and capacity > AviationRecord.com - Latest and Breaking Aviation and Airline News (http://www.aviationrecord.com/Cargo/tabid/68/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3436/Air-NZ-extends-50-fares-and-capacity.aspx)

Due to the recent earthquake in Christchurch, Air New Zealand has extended its $50 one way airfares from and to Christchurch anywhere on the Air New Zealand domestic network. The fares apply to booking and travel through until midnight Sunday, February 27. Government agencies continue to advise against non-essential travel to Christchurch.

Discounted international fares will also continue to be available for immediate family wishing to travel to or from Christchurch. These fares are available for immediate family of residents of Christchurch only, and can be booked via the Air New Zealand Call Centre.

Fares are as follows:

* All Tasman and Pacific Island fares to Christchurch, NZD50 one way (plus tax)
* All long haul fares to Christchurch, NZD400 one way (plus tax)

Air New Zealand is today operating the additional services to and from Christchurch:

* Two Auckland – Christchurch return services utilising 379 seat Boeing 747 aircraft
* A 313 seat Boeing 777-200 service operating Auckland – Christchurch – Wellington – Christchurch – Auckland
* An additional 171 seat A320 return service operating Auckland – Christchurch – Wellington – Christchurch – Auckland
* An additional 133 seat 737 return service between Wellington and Christchurch

The additional capacity makes available 2522 more seats into and out of Christchurch today, the equivalent of 19 additional 737 services.

Air New Zealand’s regular flight schedule offers more than 10,000 seats to and from Christchurch each day.

Quite a contrast to the Australian Airlines which "doubled" their fares when cyclone Yasi was in Cairns !

Artificial Horizon
24th Feb 2011, 06:02
I have to add my thanks to Air New Zealand, they were on to it quickly and it did make me proud to see that 747 rolling off down the runway to do a domestic sector.:ok::ok:

My only concern was for the long haul pilots, and how they were going to possible fit the time for their crew food in on a 60 minute sector:}:}

teresa green
24th Feb 2011, 06:20
Do they still eat crew food? I believe the JQ crew hotel in CHC is about to tumble, must have been crew there during that awful time. Hope all ok.

Artificial Horizon
24th Feb 2011, 06:23
Yep, JQ crew hotel stuffed apparently, all CHC based crew at this stage confirmed as safe and well which is good news.