PDA

View Full Version : Ops/Crewing/Dispatch Jobs Northwest

SM82
23rd Feb 2011, 14:09
Hi all
Anyone know of any Ops related jobs around the northwest or even Midlands?
I have checked out the usual websites like aviationjobsearch etc etc but just wondered if anyone knew of anything elsewhere.

11 Years ops expereince here!!! And missing working in the industry like mad!

Thanks all

duvalman
23rd Feb 2011, 14:53
Jet 2 are looking for a flight planner,which I think is more of ops role as shift work was involved. It is on aviation job search but under ATC.Only temp but hey it could open doors.Just to far away for me to travel otherwise I would have gone for it. A commute from the North West coastline would have been to much.Good Luck in your search.:)

Rick1982
23rd Feb 2011, 17:25
The Jet2.com Flight Planning Officer job keeps being posted every month and has been on aviationjobsearch for a while now. The job never seems to be advertised on their own website either. I reckon it's a ficticious job! I've applied (as instructed by email) everytime it gets posted. I always get a read receipt but never a thanks or no thanks, then the job gets re-advertised again.

Jet2 were looking for Ops Officer and Crewing Officer though try looking on their website.

Other than that there isn't really anything 'up north'!?! Trust me I've spent enough time looking for myself.

If you have a job right now it may be worth sticking to what you're doing and getting your aviation fix in another way. I'm looking for work globally and its ok but there's alot of people out there (supply definately exceeding demand!) Got selected for an interview 'down south' last week. Didn't get the job but 125+ applied for the one job. So that tells you what its like out there.

Maybe call upon some of your contacts during your 11 years of experience. It might pen some unknown doors? Hope this is of some help to you.

Good Luck
Rick

Booglebox
23rd Feb 2011, 22:41
Second the above. If you can't relocate (not easy for all of course) that will hold you back though. :sad:

SM82
23rd Feb 2011, 23:37
the jet2 flight planning job i did for a month last year but the pay was far too low by the time i paid for commuting and hotac etc shame really
self employed at moment but really wanna job asap and no not really in a posistion to relocate unless it really is worth while...picky i know but just difficult situation. Thanks for info peeps anyway ....

Rick1982
24th Feb 2011, 14:15
Jet2.com looking for a Ramp Agent at EGNH but given your comments about low pay and commuting costs it may not be beneficial to you?

SM82
24th Feb 2011, 15:02
Blackpool would be ideal to be honest only 30 mins away will look into it
Thanks

Rick1982
24th Feb 2011, 15:41
I've applied and will let you know how my application progresses. Would appreciate it if you would keep me updated as to how you get on also.

Cheers, Regards
Rick

dada
24th Feb 2011, 19:42
Is this my looky day or what? i've been looking for a job like this for 5 years now and i only live 5 miles from the 28 threshhold!
and i've got an faa dispatchers licencece, ner ner ner ner.

dear sir........

SM82
24th Feb 2011, 20:08
hahahahaha hows u dada? How the vw? Still running?

Shrimps
24th Feb 2011, 21:17
Any idea what the wages would be (roughly) for the EGNH role?

freightdoggy dog
25th Feb 2011, 00:49
Below the poverty line and 6 month temporary contract :p

Bergkamp10
25th Feb 2011, 13:31
Could try Signum Aviation in LPL???
:O
OCS I think may need a couple of staff, but not that sure, sorry.

Rick1982
10th Mar 2011, 14:31
Got a missed call and voicemail from Jet2.com so gave them a call back.

Was told that they want me to attend the assessment day for the Ramp Agent position at EGNH but they had filled the day and will keep me on file and contact me when the next assessment day is. Great!!! I'm holdig my breath as I'm sure they'll have multiple days for this position. NOT!!!

I guess that you can't miss a call in this economy!

dada
10th Mar 2011, 16:41
Lucky for me i pickt the phone up. i'm one of those filling the day. was told there would be a maths test, english compehension, general nowledge, team work and role playing (bagsey being the gimp!)
i would have thort thou that my faa dispatchers licence and previous experience will get me on the short list
pay is £6.3145603211 per hour. 20hours per week
i'm also practicing my best yokshure accent in case i'm intervewed by someons from leeds.

SM82
11th Mar 2011, 03:10
seriously? £6 an hour? :=

Deva Diva
11th Mar 2011, 11:39
dada

maybe brush up on your spelling, grammar and keyboard skills before the big day ?! ;o)

dada
11th Mar 2011, 16:00
Why have i speld somthing rong?

waco
13th Mar 2011, 11:36
Deva

dada has forgotten more about aeroplanes than you will ever know.....

Xpert
13th Mar 2011, 13:36
maybe so. but still no excuse really

dada
21st Mar 2011, 06:53
Anyone herd how they got on yet?

freightdoggy dog
22nd Mar 2011, 21:05
Told you it would be youth opportunity wages....6 month contract...treat you like monkeys and pay you peanuts. No wonder people are better off on the dole :cool:

kazzie
23rd Mar 2011, 11:38
^^ How I know this oh to well.. only after all my service.. I was put on the Dole... horrible place to be :(

cheshireskies
23rd Mar 2011, 12:07
Most of the handling agents in Manchester are looking for dispatchers for the summer contracted till end of october and last year 90% of our fixed termers got kept on and now have permanent contracts. May be worth speaking to them if anyone is north west based and loking for airport work.:ok:

HRM
29th Mar 2011, 17:10
Swissport in MAN are looking for seasonal dispatchers,

contact [email protected] for more details