PDA

View Full Version : Odd reason RTO...QF

blueloo
23rd Feb 2011, 10:58
From ABC news....

Yes i know - Qantas bashing in the media....but it is an odd reason in the report, so i wonder if it is merely bad reporting - or minimal info from QF.

Qantas flight aborted on take-off
Updated 21 minutes ago

A Qantas flight to Sydney has been forced to abort on take-off from Perth airport.

Qantas has confirmed the A330 aeroplane experienced sideways movement while travelling at 145 kilometres per hour, just before 4:00pm.

None of the 180 passengers were injured during the incident.

Engineers are inspecting the aircraft to establish what caused the problem.

Qantas says passengers have been offered alternative flights to Sydney.

ampclamp
23rd Feb 2011, 11:05
Loss of traction on that curved Perth strip?:E
Fremantle doctor hit the rudder/ stab hard?
BSCU problems?
Pilot sneezed and hit the rudder pedals?
Nose wheel / steering shimmy.
MLG shimmying
Who knows.It is a bit odd, sorry for being a bit flippant
Highly likely crappy reporting.Unusual I know.:hmm:

Skystar320
23rd Feb 2011, 11:08
this is getting beyond a joke! How much bashing does QF have to take from these so called journo's

Next thing we will see "QF pilot off sick after sneezing into a hanky"

Capn Bloggs
23rd Feb 2011, 12:54
That'd be that dastardly easterly kicking the poor scarebus in the side! :=

dodgybrothers
23rd Feb 2011, 15:37
journos or not, did the thing reject or not and why? quite simple really

Green Guard
23rd Feb 2011, 22:17
Qantas plane take-off aborted as jet moves sideways (http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/qantas-plane-takeoff-aborted-as-jet-moves-sideways-20110224-1b5xf.html)

ANCDU
23rd Feb 2011, 23:13
Dodgy, the answer is quite simple......if it did reject the captain decided it was safer to reject than continue...simple. The reason??? who cares they did their job, everyone is safe and the passengers eventually got to their destination.

I don't know why the mods let this crap get on these forums, this constant second guessing of just everyday incidents when people are doing what they are trained to do is driving me crazy. Pilots throughout this country are doing a great job at the moment under huge industrial pressure, why question their actions when they have a good outcome?

:ugh::ugh:

iskyfly
23rd Feb 2011, 23:31
discussed here;
http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting-points/443687-odd-reason-rto-qf.html

(but really just another "nothing to see here, move on")

35hPA28
23rd Feb 2011, 23:41
"None of the 180 passengers were injured during the incident."

Does a RTO qualify as an incident?

ContactMeNow
24th Feb 2011, 01:17
this is getting beyond a joke! How much bashing does QF have to take from these so called journo's

Next thing we will see "QF pilot off sick after sneezing into a hanky" SARS is back :hmm:

Journo's need to spend a day at a GAAP airport...Ahh bugger Class D now..

"Student pilot (cadet) fails to land aeroplane, forced into a go around. Nearly causing a mid-air collision with 6 other aircraft in the holding pattern"

Article blah blah blah....

QANTAS group has been using cadets for over 20 years now....blah blah safety concerns because they cannot land....:E

When do I get my job as a reporter? :ok: