PDA

View Full Version : MAF Indonesia

alloverthesky87
22nd Feb 2011, 09:16
Dear Pilots, anyone has ever applied for MAF Indonesia?

Do you know in Indonesia the same kinf of job?

There are a lot of airlines, but for a low timer, do you know the airlines whom hire?

Phenom100
22nd Feb 2011, 09:53
susi air fly in the mountains with maf, currently recruiting (220hrs +)

alloverthesky87
22nd Feb 2011, 10:51
there are assioceted? do you know other little airline with same activities?

GlueBall
22nd Feb 2011, 11:28
alloverthesky87 ...It has been said that English Level-4 or better is required in order to be understood on this website. :ooh:

alloverthesky87
22nd Feb 2011, 11:41
Thank you for message Glueball, but that doesn't matter. I write with my iphone and I don't have a lot of time. I am really happy to never meet you :ok:

rotatejunkie
22nd Feb 2011, 11:41
Mate, MAF requires pilots with heaps of hours and who don't comb their hair. ( They wear helmets to the office. )

So you're better off trying for Susi Air, As they take low-timers.

They have a few more Vans coming in from Seletar. = OPPORTUNITIES!

:ok:

Massey058
22nd Feb 2011, 12:20
How is the iPhone an excuse for an incredibly poor demonstration of written English?

Information on MAF is freely available on the Internet. It's not an organisation you would go into if flying is your primary motivation. You'll likely need Mechanic experience and possibly even a LAME ticket.

You also need to embrace the whole idea of religion. In their case Christianity and as such would not see an aeroplane for a long time and when you did will certainly not command a salary.

alloverthesky87
22nd Feb 2011, 12:49
Firstly, you haven't to consider my english level, I am not here for lesson. it is very bored people who believe to have the absolute knowlegde.

Secondly, I request some help and feedbacks from other pilots because I consider it necessary.

Thirdly, I have google like everybody, and I know what is MAF. But sometimes, there are some differences beetwen the requirements on line and the real requirements.

And I maybe, if other pilots know other assiocations or little airlines, I am aware...

Phenom100
22nd Feb 2011, 14:21
I'm affraid Susi is your only option if you want to get into the mountain's with low hrs.

alloverthesky87
22nd Feb 2011, 14:33
I think... But I am ready to fly on any aicrafts, that's doesn't matter...just flying is important for me...

TXaviator
23rd Feb 2011, 07:08
You are not working for MAF unless you are referred through your church, are sponsored by your church, have a degree in religion/christianity, and have already committed to the missionary lifestyle. There you are a missionary first and pilot a distant second. You also are not paid.

Not dissing MAF, I know some great guys there, but you do not go to MAF to fly, you go to spread christianity.

That is how they want their organization and thats fine. Just saying, youre not going to go fly there so think of another plan. Susi Air sounds promising.

alloverthesky87
23rd Feb 2011, 15:42
I have seen little airline on cirrus, anyone knows this airline?

Lineboy4life
24th Feb 2011, 09:36
Hats off to the MAF boys...

I flew in Jaya for a wee whiles and where I thought I was in a tight strip for a porter theyd make no deal of showing up in a trusty T206...:*

frendly bunch too...

alloverthesky87
24th Feb 2011, 13:06
there is just Susi Air what hire...?

Hakeem
24th Feb 2011, 17:20
Just for a clarification,

I have applied for Susi a couple of months back didn't hear anything back from them... And again applied a month back no response either....

Anyone can you please explain me how to go about it....

Thanks in advance:ok:

Safe landings!!!

TomasSK
26th Feb 2011, 05:16
The same as Hakeem, I applied for Susi Air (by email) already three times in 2010 without any reply.

Is it better to call them?

Thanks
Tomas

Phenom100
26th Feb 2011, 13:25
Susi Air has thousands of cv's arriving every week, but they are recruiting, maybe give them a call.

Just keep chasing them until you get an answer.

Best of luck

Hakeem
27th Feb 2011, 06:57
Thanks for the information Phenom100 and TomasSK.....:ok:

Safe landings!!!

TXaviator
27th Feb 2011, 08:22
agreed the MAF guys here are always super friendly and willing to lend a hand, shop tools, whatever...

training wheels
27th Feb 2011, 14:25
I have seen little airline on cirrus, anyone knows this airline?

Sky Aviation (http://www.sky-aviation.co.id/cms/) operates Cirrus aircraft and have just started scheduled flights from Surabaya to Banyuwangi and Denpasar (Bali) using Cessna Caravans. They will also add 5 Fokker F50s to their fleet this year.

Fokker Portal - SKY Aviation Takes Off with the Fokker 50 (http://www.fokker.com/SKY_Aviation_Takes_Off_with_the_Fokker_50)

waspradial
12th Mar 2011, 14:00
To all you English native speakers that have a hard time dealing with non native English speakers and have expressed their comments often. Consider yourselves blessed not having to only learn a trade you like but on top of it a whole new language. For some it is harder than learn the trade itself and perform better speaking it than writing it. So to those who are unwilling to understand and have to comment on pronunciation and grammar from non native English speakers I can only say , poor you. You have absolutely no place in this profession since you lack anticipation.
I can picture you in a cockpit not making an effort listening to a unicom traffic position broadcast just because it does not sound right to you. You would be missing the point there buddy. Your lack of effort even trying to understand the other traffic is more dangerous than speaking insufficient English. At least the other guy is making an effort to speak it and you are not making an effort to listen because you’re disgusted with the way it is spoken. As for sharing information on this forum, be glad that people share information or their point of view . It is free education,............you can thank me later at a mature age.
Make an effort please and we will all be safer up there , lucky for you the aviation world has agreed that English is the aviation language. It could have been French or Spanish. So for you to fully understand my point I suggest you learn a second language.
And to those native English speakers that understand my level 4 English and have a more professional approach to this subject , it is your job to educate your lesser countrymen.

Massey058
13th Mar 2011, 01:38
Fighting 'arrogance' with arrogance?

You are right some people do make an effort and that is often readily apparent. Some people clearly do not and it endangers safety.

I listen to calls even when they don't sound right, not to would be incredibly poor airmanship. The problem arises when you have to attempt to interpret using very subjective terms, you may get it wrong. Conversely seeking clarity in a busy environment serves to clutter the frequency, potentially increasing everyone's workload.

I'd say you are more than Level 4. Plenty of people out there with 'Level 4' who don't seem to able to communicate as effectively as you just have.

alloverthesky87
13th Mar 2011, 01:57
Waspradial, do you think that native speakers are arrogant?