PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help preg94?

preg94
20th Feb 2011, 10:33
Dear all,

I am in USA with F1 visa(period is 07/22/2010 ~ 07/21/2015).
I finished the training in the current school on 01/27/2010
It's been almost 1 month.
I want to move the school and still looking for school.

Somebody said I have only 1 available month from the training finished date from the current school(01/27/2010). Another person said it's 60 month.
Is this grace period? which period is right?

If I have to visit other country to change the visa from F1 to M1, what kind of documents are necessary?
Specially, in case of balance of my account, how can I prepare for it?
just print it from web site? or Do I have to get a fax from my country?

Thanks

BigGrecian
20th Feb 2011, 13:05
finished the training in the current school on 01/27/2010

I assume you mean 01/27/2011?

If you completed training on the 27th of January 2011 your school will have marked you complete in SEVIS.

This then entitles you to a 60 day grace period(for an F1 - it is 30 for an M1) in which to depart the USA. This is detailed on page 2 of your I20 and your school Designated School Official (DSO) will be able to advise further on this. If you did not complete your programme correctly or maintain status you are not entitled to the grace period.

If you have been marked complete you have 60 days to get your change of status application into US immigration ie until 27th March approximatlely. If they do not receive it and send a receipt within this time frame your change of status will be rejected as you will be out of status for a number of days. This could severely impact your chances of another visa or entry to the USA in the future.

So you need to get your skates on get a new I20 from you new school and apply for the change of status. - There is detailed information at USCIS Home Page (http://www.uscis.gov) on the documents required for a change of status.

Given your general questions so far I would recommend you employ an immigration lawyer to help with your application.

You must ultimately remember it is your responsibility to maintain status. Failure to do so has harsh penalties regarding re-entry to the USA.

preg94
21st Feb 2011, 07:57
Does anybody know about Pinnacle Aviation Academy in Carlsbad, CA?
I am interested in the school.
I searched the school here and the reputation is pretty good.
Everybody agree or not?

preg94
21st Feb 2011, 17:14
Today I talked to Visa admin in the current school and she said I am not yet finished from the current school. I misunderstood the training manager's comment. I still have a time and found around 3 schools.

Angel city flyer
California flight academy
Pinnacle Aviation Academy.

I think I will choose 1 one of them.
Visa admin worried about changing Visa and she recommended I would talk to new visa admin in new school very carefully.

I really don't know which one is better and I will visit those school.

preg94
21st Feb 2011, 17:18
I wanted to make sure that I really have right information.
during the weekend, I couldn't meet visa admin in the current school.
today I talked to her and she recommended to talk to visa admin in the new school after decision making of the school.

there are too many schools in usa. I already visited 5 schools and every week I hear new school from other people and internet.
Now I got 3 schools. I am not sure which will choose.

Angel city flyer
California flight academy
pinnacle aviation academy.

preg94
22nd Feb 2011, 18:02
I had already sent emails to all 3 schools last week and they all replied to my email. I will leave florida this week and visit 2 schools(maybe all 3 schools if possible) to check visually.
I had already visited 5 schools in florida and felt that the reality was totally different compared with the images in website.

Thank you guys for a lot of advice.

Finnibair
8th Mar 2011, 23:32
Hey preg94,
where did you finally end up, and why? Good luck with your decision