PDA

View Full Version : Qantas cost cutting idea?

Ero-plano
21st Feb 2011, 18:35
I just read that to remain competative QF needs to look for cost cutting ideas. The staff have been asked to submit any ideas to management for consideration. As I don't work for Qantas can someone please drop this on AJ's desk for me.
OFFSHORING THE QF BOARD.
I have a few ideas and some of you guys may be able to help me, but a QF board based in say Indonesia, PNG or even Japan would save the company millions every year in executive salaries.
Current executives could apply for these new offshore positions, but only if they got paid in the local currency at local rates and of course paid their own relocation costs and maybe used a staff travel ticket to get there. If those positions aren't filled by current execs, then QF could hire locals.
The bonus for current staff moving to the new offshore management base could be cheaper housing, lower tax rates and the sense of accomplishment that they are helping an Aussie Icon to save money and continue to be competitive in a hostile environment.
On a personal level, the current staff who choose to move offshore will enjoy leaving Australia and their family and friends to bring up their family in a new, unfamiliar, sometimes unsafe, sometimes hostile, sometimes dangerous country.......... but they will save QF money.
Any ideas anyone can add would be great, and when we're done AJ can present it to the board on our behalf.