PDA

View Full Version : HK Airline

Frenique
21st Feb 2011, 15:04
Hello Kind souls out there,

I got called up for an interview with HK Airline. Anyone has any idea how's the interview process like ? What about the written exam and the sim check ? what am i supposed to expect ?

I'm going in as first officer, what pay scale would i expect ?

Also, hows rental like in HK? and living in HK ?

Thanks guys!

Stallone
21st Feb 2011, 15:16
hey, head down to the Fragrant Harbour Wannabe subforum instead of here

info on HKA all there

takamasa
21st Feb 2011, 21:51
Frenique

hey, good luck with ur interview

just wondering when u submitted your application? and mind asking how many hours do u have?

thanks mate

Frenique
22nd Feb 2011, 08:10
Oh no... the airline i'm talking about is not CX.:ugh:.... its Hongkong Airline/Hongkong Express that owns by the Hainan Group.

So ...any clue guys ?

hey takamasa,
thanks
anyway I applied couple of months back, i got few thousands jet hrs right now

takamasa
22nd Feb 2011, 08:50
Frenique

thanks for ur reply.

so it takes couple months until they give u a reply.

i guess i need to be more patient then

i submitted my application in late Jan, then i dun think i will have any replies until April, i guess.

with thousands of jet experience, ur chance of joining the company is quite high.

Frenique
22nd Feb 2011, 09:15
takamasa

No worries mate, gotta be patient and u will make it!

What experience have u got ? are you joining in as captain or FO ?

takamasa
22nd Feb 2011, 09:25
Frenique

thanks for ur reply.

i have close to 1000 hrs but i am raised in hk with Hong kong citizenship.

the reason y i am applying coz these 2 airlines usually gives credits to the locals. they have something called second officer program for the locals.

but a frd of mine who's working there saying there's a lack of training captains, they might not hire any entry level now coz they r focusing on those experience pilot, get them check to the line first before taking any entry level pilots.

anyway, when's ur interview? let me know if u need any help. i can provide u with any essential info.

Frenique
22nd Feb 2011, 10:58
takamasa

i heard the grd sch and waiting time amounts to 6 to 12 mths ! theres so much negativity about HKA ...

No housing allowance no medical coverage etc....

hmm...makes me ponder....:yuk:

anyway thanks for your help!

ReverseFlight
27th Feb 2011, 02:42
i have close to 1000 hrs

takamasa, note that instructional hours don't count much for airline entry ... good luck.

takamasa
27th Feb 2011, 03:15
so what should i do with that 1000 hrs??

any turbopop jobs around?

Malcontento'
7th Mar 2011, 03:12
I heard that Flydubai will be coming to HK this month to conduct interviews, as 15 or more first officers are trying to go to Flydubai. No upgrade program for HKE or HKA and the money is just not enough. Does anyone know the date for the assesment?