PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Yet Again

Capt Toss Dudley
21st Feb 2011, 09:03
A Qantas plane flying from Perth to Melbourne was turned around because of electrical issues.

A spokesman says after detecting the problem the pilot decided to head back to Perth as a precautionary measure.

There were 215 passengers on board the plane which landed safely a short time ago.
Qantas says all the passengers have been accommodated on other flights.

Any Answers Out There ???????

Cactusjack
21st Feb 2011, 09:06
Any Answers Out There ???????
Yes I have an answer - BIG FUC#ING DEAL !

stubby jumbo
21st Feb 2011, 09:08
BIG DEAL!!!

It happens every day.

The train I was on today had brake problems. We got off and changed trains.

So what !

stubby jumbo
21st Feb 2011, 09:10
.....beat me to it Cactus

Cactusjack
21st Feb 2011, 09:11
The train I was on today had brake problems. We got off and changed trains.
Yes, and my Ford went in for repairs this morning, it has a U/S radiator cap, possible seal degredation, oh dear should I contact The Australian ???

Click.

Cactusjack
21st Feb 2011, 09:14
I think we are just warming up, Stubby !!

melbATC
21st Feb 2011, 09:15
Is anybody else tired of the Qantas bashing?

Fact: Aircraft are very complex pieces of machinery and sometimes go wrong.

Pilots turn flights around every day due to technical problems with the aircraft. but you only seem to hear about them when they are Qantas!!!.

I would be far more concerned if pilots decided to continue flights where there is any risk to the safety of the flight.

The Real issue is now becoming when there is a problem with the operation of the aircraft pilots (regardless of airline) are reluctant to give us the details of the problem for fear of them being turned into the next big news story.

This has the potential to become a real safety issue in its self as an aircraft with a serious problem may not get the full assistance they need because the pilot does not want to openly discuss the true seriousness of the situation on the radio.

Capt Toss Dudley
21st Feb 2011, 09:35
Cactus Jack and CO

Sorry for offending you, I just wanted some info on what took place.

I guess I must of hit a nerve, sorry to see your aggressive reply, I really cannot remember making love to your pet poodle.

Capt Fathom
21st Feb 2011, 10:09
I really cannot remember making love to your pet poodle

Tell em he's dreaming!

The poodle's got more class than that! :E

compressor stall
21st Feb 2011, 10:37
A mate of a mate was flying. From what I heard on the phone, not long after top of climb, one generator dropped offline. Further troubleshooting revealed the left hand thronomister had tripped, taking out the gen and they were unable to reset.

Capt decided to return as company had spares in PH.

Homesick-Angel
21st Feb 2011, 10:48
Surely it would be better to push on when there is a problem..

Its only a short hop to Melbs...

teresa green
21st Feb 2011, 10:54
If I had a buck for everytime I had a problem or had to divert, I would be loaded, not worth reporting.

sierra5913
21st Feb 2011, 11:00
Is anybody else tired of the Qantas bashing?

My 2 cents,

The media bashing comes as a reaction to QF managements continual use of QF's 60 odd year safety record as a question rebuttal/sales pitch. Therefore, the media spotlight will always be on the airline if anything, however trival, goes awry.

Of course, QF crews are innocent in all this. Good job as always. :ok:

1a sound asleep
21st Feb 2011, 11:39
It is a routine diversion - ie. precautionary, weather related, medical. Happens all day everyday all over the world. The faster people move on to leaving QF alone the better.

Go sit outside a Go Cat terminal and get the press to pick on them

Fuel-Off
21st Feb 2011, 12:51
I agree...standard air-return and complete non-event. No doubt this will eventually turn into another Qantas bashing episode and this thread needs to be closed... MODS!!!

Fuel-Off :ok:

Avid Aviator
21st Feb 2011, 13:38
Perth to Melbourne flight delayed after electrical problems | Perth Now (http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/perth-to-melbourne-flight-delayed-after-electrical-problems/story-e6frg13u-1226009614719)

AC Bus tripped, reset but flight returned rather than night IMC ETOPS to Melb due previous history. A/C still in Perth, all pax to Melb on 5pm or red eye tonight. Nice to have lots of capacity :)

Inconvenience for pax and QF staff, but not a big safety issue.