PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia

volare_737
20th Feb 2011, 06:36
Hi Guys.
I have been searching all the posts about AirAsia interviews, but nothing of late.
Supposed to go for interview and would really appreciate some info from someone who has been through it lately.
Any other info about working and living in KL will be greatly appreciated.
Pm's also welcome.
Thank's

volare_737
20th Feb 2011, 22:25
Nobody ??? Anybody from OZ at AirAsia ?

King Midas
24th Feb 2011, 01:56
Hi Guys.
I have been searching all the posts about AirAsia interviews, but nothing of late.
Supposed to go for interview and would really appreciate some info from someone who has been through it lately.
Any other info about working and living in KL will be greatly appreciated.
Pm's also welcome.
Thank's First day:
1) company presentation
2) CRM Exercise
3) Written Technical Exam (taken from Ace the Pilot Interview book)
Second Day:
Interview
Third Day
Simulator Assessment
- for type rated (i.e. A320, 330 or 340) - EFATO, then land
- for non type rated - play with the sim

Basically, the recruitment pilots are looking for people who'd fit the Air Asia family. Its more of personailty assessment.

I hope this helps.

kwaiyai
25th Feb 2011, 09:29
there is an earlier thread on that, have a search.

gottofly
26th Feb 2011, 07:18
understand sal is approx 8800USD NET for 85 hrs and bond 5 yrs....RM 100,000k.reduces after half the term is what I hv heard.

anyone has any idea how long it takes to come online if u r not 320 rated from the day u arrive at KUL?

Is there a chance to move up to the widebody a/c?

squarecrow
26th Feb 2011, 09:44
They told me 150,000 for bond.

320busdriver
26th Feb 2011, 11:10
There`s every chance of going up to the widebody but you have to wait heard those bastards in management don`t believe in loyalty many people who have been here for yonks are waiting, they manage to shoot themselves in the foot because they let relatively newcomers to transition to the widebody about 4-5 mths ago, worse most of them were TRI and they left a huge void for the rest to fill but what did they have that were so damn special that enable them to jump past the rest, well they were all ex mas cronies, seems mas tentacles of corruption streches even to airasia.
Also heard that X will be getting their next intake of widebody capts from guess where MAS OF COURSE infact those guys are 737 capts not even airbus rated going straight to the left on a 330 while so many guys on the 320 fleet are being told there are no movement. No wonder the other day a friend of mine called the place QATARMAS with reference to all the new intakes.

squarecrow
27th Feb 2011, 09:46
hmmmm sounds like I made a good choice to reject

gottofly
27th Feb 2011, 14:58
heard captains have got 2 months of bonus pay .....profit sharing:ok:

Config3Landing
28th Feb 2011, 02:23
heard captains have got 2 months of bonus pay .....profit sharinghttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

1.25 months after tax.....:ugh:

volare_737
28th Feb 2011, 23:35
Anybody got any idea about Sim check if you are not 320 typed ?

gottofly
2nd Mar 2011, 04:37
sim check is similar for everyone.they are checking for your decision making skills and not flying skills.

does anyone know whats the upgrade policy to go on to A330?will there be a seperate bond for that?thanks in advance

gottofly
5th Mar 2011, 04:19
can anyone help with decent locations and approx price to rent a 3 bedroom apartment/villa/serviced apartment in the KL area or Subang/shah alam.....which area is the best for expat with a wife and a small baby?.....is getting a maid easy?

Has anybody got an outside LOSS OF LICENSE INSURANCE....that is other than the one the company provides?is it possible at all in Malaysia?
how much is the cover provided by AirAsia?

SeniorEagle
5th Mar 2011, 05:19
These Air Asia guys fly Indian Passengers, why don't the employ Indian Pilots

Config3Landing
5th Mar 2011, 09:39
These Air Asia guys fly Indian Passengers, why don't the employ Indian Pilots

What makes you think they don't?....They have Indian captains and cabin crew....;)...Good day...

emb145gearslinger
5th Mar 2011, 15:44
Maybe because Indian pilots aren't very good pilots generally speaking. I am so sick and tired of seeing whiny little Indians with their 200 hrs and a fresh CPL complain they aren't flying a 777. Whine to somebody who cares.

poker_pilot
6th Mar 2011, 12:28
i would double that emb145gearslinger 100%.........they keep wining and wining all the time cpl with 200hrs...wining and wining.....no 777....no a320....wining and wining open your eye and look out.:D

a345xxx
6th Mar 2011, 14:51
I have seen plenty of foreigners flying for AK...... Indians included.... I believe FO's there is a government problem not AK's. Malaysian carriers can't hire foreigners as FO's at the moment!

I know a lot of guys waiting to see how MH gets around this issue..... and then who knows!

Good luck with all your applications!

Amitabh Belacan
8th Mar 2011, 03:20
Langka, have you edited out the juicy parts?:mad:

a345xxx
8th Mar 2011, 15:18
What happened??????

bisaya
9th Mar 2011, 04:25
nothing special, just another pprune newbie with some loose screws and a spelling deficiency. :ok:

gerago
9th Mar 2011, 06:22
poker_p.... must have had something poked up his six! That must surely led to a really short fuse.

King Midas
9th Mar 2011, 06:38
To those who sent me PM inquiring about the interview, exam & sim.
Here's a tip: just be yourself.
All the best ladies & gents!
First day:
1) company presentation
2) CRM Exercise
3) Written Technical Exam (taken from Ace the Pilot Interview book)
Second Day:
Interview (just be yourself)
Third Day
Simulator Assessment
- for type rated (i.e. A320, 330 or 340) - EFATO (Engine Failure After Take-Off), then land
- for non type rated - play with the sim

Basically, the recruitment pilots are looking for people who'd fit the Air Asia family. Its more of personailty assessment.

I hope this helps.

volare_737
9th Mar 2011, 07:48
Thank's King - I hope being myself is not to much of a problem - lol
Keep the blue side up !!!!!!