PDA

View Full Version : ATLANTIC FLIGHT SCHOOL

liquidhockey
12th Apr 2001, 03:36
can anyone explain to me what the guy was talking about in an earlier post saying something about a 50% sponsership at atlantic flight school and a guarenteed job at the end???
Thanx in advance

SpeedBird22
12th Apr 2001, 14:12
That guy'll be me then. Sorry if I didn't make it entirely clear in my last post - I was in a bit of a rush :)

Anyway, AFT are based up at Coventry Airport along with all the Atlantique Dakota's and stuff. From what I have heard it is a pretty reputable school.

They offer almost every rating and in particular run a scheme called PArt Sponsored Training Scheme (PASTS). If you get selected for this, they will train you from PPL standard up to frozen ATPL. The only thing they ask is that you pay for half the cost of the training which, as I mentioned in my other post, is about £20 000.

The selection process is similar to the British Airways cadet scheme with there being an initial application, followed by aptitude tests and then an interview.

Once selected to be on one of the four courses that run every year (max 8 students on each), the training takes two stages.

Stage 1 - (this is the bit YOU pay for) Hours building and twin and complex single type ratings. Running alongside this you can do the ATPL ground exams by either distance learning or full time.

Stage 2 - (the fun bit) They pay for this and you'll end up with a multi IR and CPL. Once completed, ta daaaa , you're finished and have a frozen ATPL.

Hope this has cleared things up for you, if you want any more information, feel free to email me :)

Happy Flying,

:) :) SpeedBird22 :) :)

Rusty Cessna
12th Apr 2001, 23:15
Job for deffs?

Some current selection info would help alot thanks speedbird!

Ta!
Rusty

Pielander
12th Apr 2001, 23:34
I don't suppose anybody (apart from Atlantic Flight Training) will be able to answer this, but here goes:

If you turn up with the £20,000 worth of training that you would have had to pay for anyway (or any part thereof), will they deduct that part/whole amount of the price?

Autofly
13th Apr 2001, 01:46
Pielander,

I know smeone who applied who almost had thier IR and were told to fork out the lot like the rest of them. A bit harsh don't you think.

AF

Pielander
13th Apr 2001, 01:54
Autofly

Very sad, but it's about what I suspected. It does raise the question as to whether there are any self-improver friendly part-sponsorship schemes out there. Perhaps one for a new thread.

Pie

trolleydollylover
14th Apr 2001, 04:40
pie this one is for e-mail - as you know I am a fan.