PDA

View Full Version : Seychelles FBO?

chimichanga
16th Feb 2011, 12:16
Strange. Is there not an FBO in Seychelles? I tried to call Air Seychelles and the man on the phone asked me, "what is an FBO?" So, how does it work....do all private flights simply operate via the airport authority?

Does anybody have any experience there?

Left Coaster
16th Feb 2011, 14:05
Pretty sure you need a handling company to help...Air Seychelles will attend to you but through a handler...What type are planning on operating there with? It will be a huge help if you have it all set up before you arrive...Try Universal or if anyone else here knows another company... BTW, "'FBOs"are VERY RARE in Africa...hence your blank stare from the guy you spoke with! :eek:

chimichanga
16th Feb 2011, 14:14
Yes, I guess you correct. Thank you

dc9-32
16th Feb 2011, 15:19
I can assist with SEZ handling. PM me for details if needed.

4HolerPoler
16th Feb 2011, 16:31
Not sure why you would want to use someone in Spain for handling in SEZ -

It's dead easy - Air Seychelles provides a great service - the lady in charge of us types is Sylvette Toussaint - she only works weekdays 8 to 4. Her telephone is +248 391 205, email SToussaint at airseychelles.com

Their ops is on +248391220, email loadcontrol at airseychelles.com

They accept all major credit cards (AMEX has a small surcharge as I remember)

Sylvette has great contacts with local hotels - my shout would be the Meridien Fisherman's Cove

Enjoy the island

chimichanga
16th Feb 2011, 19:49
4holerpoler:

Wow! What an excellent reply. Thank you for taking the time to write. Your post helped me out!

dc9-32
16th Feb 2011, 20:54
4 holes

Me being in Spain is irrelevant and to be honest, the details you provided are what I was going to provide. So, ya man is sorted either way.

All I would add is to make sure ATC has your outbound plan because Air Seychelles can let you down by not making sure it's on file. Not their job to check.

Location location location.

Onwards :D

4HolerPoler
17th Feb 2011, 17:26
They're loopy about you disinfecting the cabin - don't open the cabin door or a cockpit window until asked to from the ground & make sure you have an (empty) can or two of cabin insecticide spray.

Otherwise, have a ball.

4HP

Oldschoolflyer
17th Feb 2011, 22:47
Was there at xmas, if you are parking overnight, expect to stay on remote parking stands... Air Seychelles are very helpfull, although there is no FBO, there is also no problem. Very Straightforward.

If you are staying for any length of time, I can recommend Le Meridan Barbarons, superb!

Have Fun...:cool:

Belgium Legacy
18th Feb 2011, 04:18
And don't forget to bring a towbar, or at least the head. Mandatory.

dc9-32
18th Feb 2011, 06:25
The chaps in the tower are very friendly and helpful as are the CAA staff when applying for your permit, which I assume you have secured ?

Aslak
18th Feb 2011, 16:20
Well, it is not really matter of choice, the Air Seychelles are the ones doing it.

When we arrived last time, we had to wait almost 20 mins for anyone to appear.
The parking at the remote location is a must and so is the tow bar.

Fueling only on the main apron.

Got delayed on departure because had to wait for tow truck for 1,5 hrs and even when requested they did not let us move with engines. After 1,5 hrs however, someone came and informed us that there is no truck available and we have to taxi to main apron for refueling.

During the final taxiing the tower and the ramp guy gave really mixed signals and orders and we ended up stopping short of the underground fueling port.
Had to restart the engines and move the aircraft for approximately 3-4 meters.

Finally departed more than 2 hrs late.

Everyone was very happy...not.

But it is a nice island and if you are not in the hurry, great place!

shades
19th Feb 2011, 05:00
:* Have to agree with Aslak.
My experience with Air Seychelles has been that they lack consistancey and are rude whenever their standards and efficiency is put to question!
Unfortunately there is no other choice and when official complaints are sent to their management, dont expect a reply......they dont need too! :ugh:

chimichanga
19th Feb 2011, 09:46
Well heck, does anybody out there want to start an FBO there? Sounds like it is a prime location for a new quality FBO with superior service?!?!?

shades
19th Feb 2011, 10:46
Rumour is that a certain Middle Eastern Country with deep pockets is already way ahead of us on that one................;)

chimichanga
19th Feb 2011, 13:07
Ya, I'm sure it will only be a little time before the runway is bordered by 3000 colorful Jetex flags and a fancy FBO.