PDA

View Full Version : Are BA really recruiting?

CharlieFly
16th Feb 2011, 10:10
Quote "We are currently recruiting British Airways Pilots through our Direct Entry Pilot Scheme only. This scheme is available for those who already have flying expertise, gained in the commercial aviation industry."

BA Recruitment (http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/baweb1/tpl_ba01.asp?newms=INFO10)

giggitygiggity
16th Feb 2011, 10:18
I don't think so (though someone else may know better)

All you have found is an old info page about the job or an old scheme, if you click 'direct entry scheme' and then 'view current vacancies' there are none. Follow this link for the list of jobs. (http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/baweb1/tpl_ba01.asp?KEY=25420083&C=655621482372&PAGESTAMP=semldsrqmgulqfstcg&nexts=INIT_JOBLISTSTART&nextss=&mode=1&newQuery=yes&searchrefno=&searchregion=0&searchlocation=0&searchbusinessunit=0&searchtext=&formsubmit4.x=10&formsubmit4.y=11)

MIKECR
16th Feb 2011, 10:37
BA are indeed recruiting/have already recruited this year, for experienced pilots only.

wiggy
16th Feb 2011, 10:39
They are not accepting applications at the moment ( 16 Feb).

They're just finishing off the selection procedure for the type rated candidates who applied during last autumn's (very) brief recruiting window. There are rumours of DEPs ( for clarification I mean experienced DEPs, definitely not cadets) being recruited later this year.

nick14
16th Feb 2011, 12:30
They opened recruitment for Type Rated chaps on 73/75/76/320 in October and closed it a week after due to the large number of applications.

Unfortunately I wouldn't get your hopes up for cadet recruitment as we were told during the assesment that there would be no requirement for it for the next few years.

It may change, who knows.

Good luck:ok:

fade to grey
16th Feb 2011, 16:49
I know of at least 6 pilots going to bA as direct entry.

why would they bother with cadets again ? plenty of other pilots out there.

VJW
17th Feb 2011, 00:59
Explain how they are cheaper then DEP's.

You think an easy/lingus 320 rated guy needs a full type rating when joining BA on the 320, or a RYR 737 chap joining on their 737 400's?

I would love to know where that logic comes from?

kingofkabul
17th Feb 2011, 06:32
SSPs are paid a lower salary over 5 years. The cost saving there exceeds the cost of a TR. having said that, BA would never want too many cadets as typically they spend longer at BA than DEPs - which means more time spent at the top of the payscale.

Wirbelsturm
17th Feb 2011, 07:52
Explain how they are cheaper then DEP's.

Also watch this space for a change in contracts to take the annual incremental pay system out to 35+ years! (Currently 24) possibly amongst other changes as well!. So to get to the top of the payscale tree will take an extra 11 years. Quite alot cheaper for BA in the long run. Don't blame the company totally blame the Government/European Union. (Delete as appropriate)

As always, just a rumour or possibly pure conjecture!