PDA

View Full Version : A380 for cabin crew

Jay312
15th Feb 2011, 21:23
Hey people just wondering what the A380 is like to work on from a cabin crew members eyes. I've flown on one as a passenger but just wondering if they are crew friendly.

One thing i was wondering is how the hell do you use the inter phone on that thing with all the different handsets? When I was flying as a passenger I did hear a strange chime in the cabin. It was like 3 tones...I assume its like a senior crew call but can someone just set me straight.

Any general opinions on the A380 are welcome from a crew members point of view. Personally I would love to work on one but can't see Thomson getting one any time soon lol

Jackbr
16th Feb 2011, 02:38
What the chimes were would depend on the airline.

givemewings
16th Feb 2011, 03:52
The interphone is very easy to use (at least where I work). Once it's explained to crew, there is a system to it that means you don't really have to think about it.

As for the chimes, depending on the airline there can be a different interphone 'chime' for different types of calls (not necessarily for emergencies) e.g. without being too specific the sound of the chime tells the crew who/where is calling.