PDA

View Full Version : Books for Mental Ability Tests- Jet Airways

hawaijahaj
15th Feb 2011, 13:32
Guys do you have any Idea where to prepare for the Jet Airways - Mental Ability Tests and the Reasoning Tests ?
Pour in your suggestions and experiences. :confused::confused:

dragstar
15th Feb 2011, 13:53
Try this -

Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal

A69
15th Feb 2011, 14:33
Aptitude Questions and Answers - IndiaBIX (http://indiabix.com/)

That is all. :ok:

hawaijahaj
15th Feb 2011, 14:50
thanks a lot

flyvabb
15th Feb 2011, 17:25
'Study' all you want.

TRUST me, its not going to change your performance during the actual test.

Your mental state plays a huge role on how you perform in these tests during the actual exam. If you're irritable because the technical paper before the aptitude tests dint go well or even hungry for that matter, it will show in these tests. The aim of aptitude tests isn't to finish the paper but quality of answers. You'd rather have 10 correct answers out of 50 opposed to attempting 20 and getting only 6 right! Its about quality, not quantity.

I don't mean to demotivate you guys, but just make you aware that these online tests, might give you an idea of what the tests are actually like, but wont 'prepare' you for the real thing like the technical papers.

And I repeat myself again, these tests distinguish the able and the book worms who can't apply themselves.

Wishing you all the best.

hawaijahaj
16th Feb 2011, 01:53
Okey so you think that millions of students who prepare for SAT , CAT , BANK EXAMS , PSU's are big Fools. :E:E

flyvabb
16th Feb 2011, 04:55
@hawaijahaj: I never called anyone a 'fool' for going through the websites. All I'm saying is that your state of mind determines how well or bad you will do in the tests. They are mental ability tests, you can't 'mug' up and go for them. Bad state of mind and you won't be able to think right when you answer the questions.

hawaijahaj
16th Feb 2011, 05:22
Well if you keep the "state of mind" aside and think about a person who has gone through all these types of questions before and a person who has no idea what mental ability tests are about , you should probably know that who has the better chance of cracking the exam.:ok:

flyvabb
16th Feb 2011, 05:44
Again, considering its a 'Mental Ability' Test, you cannot keep the 'state of mind' aside.

I did state in an earlier post that going through them will make you familiar for sure, but wont change the way you try to crack it.

hawaijahaj
16th Feb 2011, 05:50
Well I told you to keep YOUR "state of mind" aside about the mental ability tests. I don't know what made you think that we want to mug up the questions for this exam. We just want to get familiar to it as you said. That's why I asked on this post to give me name of some book or something for it.

flyvabb
16th Feb 2011, 06:22
Trust me there are many, many, many people out there who think they can mug up for these tests and go. If you're not one of them, its great, your chances are way better.

Again, familiarization is perfectly fine.

Capt.Vamshi
16th Feb 2011, 07:11
I totally support flyvabb for this. These tests need no preparation and preparation doesn't improve once performance but can only confuse at the actual test with the similar kind of q's. trust me I have cleared the Jet written, these tests are to be given with complete presence of mind but not on any other basis. and am sure anybody above 16yrs can easily understand about these tests at the first time.

Sky Dancer
17th Feb 2011, 10:34
If you want some honest advice , don't worry about studying for the exam.If I were you I'd be busy trying to figure out how to get to the powers that matter over there in Jet Airways....that guarantees you the job even if you have the IQ of a pea:ok:

hawaijahaj
17th Feb 2011, 11:46
Well sky dancer , you amuse me. If I had that much access to the powers I would have not started this thread in the first place. I only have my merit to believe in. I don't have no uncles in any airlines.

antigravity61
18th Feb 2011, 15:24
and the Jet Airways sure do select guys without jugaad too.

Influence and recommendation works in every field everywhere. what we should be doing is preparing to our level best and with a good spirit of " may the best guys gets selected". Hard work definitely pays and the jet airways is very genuine in the selection process.

About the mental ability, familiarization and practice does help a lot.

One should not be looking at solving just 10 out of 60 questions as all the questions are equally important. It is a competition to select the ones who scores the most. The mental ability based papers are equally important as the subject based ones. If you want to stand a chance in the selection, you got to do well in all the papers. It would be foolish to leave 50 questions not attempted out of 60.

And no matter how much we study, it is the performance on the exam day which counts. All the best.

mk2289
24th Feb 2011, 16:35
A69, Thanks for the indiabix link for the mental ability tests......helped significantly :)

Cheers

speedbird787
25th Feb 2011, 07:23
check this out

Practise Psycho-technical tests inspired by real Recruitment Selection Process (http://www.brainsimulator.net/)

really good is those psycho technical and spatial awareness tests

and its free register too

hope this helps:ok:

mk2289
25th Feb 2011, 12:48
flyvabb, capt.vamshi, antigravity61 and speedbird 787,

thank u very much guys......

appreciate ur advice on the tests :)

av8er1990
25th Feb 2011, 18:19
...if you were flying over the atlantic during summer/winter ...you would experience headwind/tailwing?

mk2289
17th Mar 2011, 18:27
Capt. Vamshi,

Since you have cleared the Jet written, could u pls. advise any good books for theory on pressurization and electric systems of aircraft...?

Also, could you please throw some light on the subsequent rounds of GD n other activities...? as to how they went about for you.......topics etc....

Regards,

Mohan.