PDA

View Full Version : Moscow - Here I come!

Global Driver
14th Feb 2011, 14:05
Good Day Mates!

Finally, some good news - got hired and now currently based out of Moscow - UUDD.

Anyone else here in the same position? 20 on 10 off? Recommendations? What to do, where to hang?

Poka! :D

Global Driver
14th Feb 2011, 14:08
By the way, credit do to coffeelovesmilk.com and aviation-office.com.

My hat is off and great thanks!

GD :ok:

CharlieRomeo
14th Feb 2011, 23:19
my hat would be off even more if you got me a position on the global!

enjoy russia tho!

StressFree
16th Feb 2011, 07:50
20 on and 10 off?

You can't be serious...............

Grum
16th Feb 2011, 09:32
You want to Hang? I want to hang . . . . . myself.

-20c outside, crapy hotel because there's a crisis don't you know. No flight for more than a week waiting for Russian bureaucracy to release our tech aircraft.

But yes I have a job and thank god it's not 20/10. But I have a wee family at home and I miss them.:\

silverware
16th Feb 2011, 14:27
20/10, smells like Comlux...........

VaudBrit
16th Feb 2011, 21:19
_20 but blue skies and sunshine you mean

Is Russia really that bad? Sure there;s bureaucracy but at least there's money here in Russia

Grum
17th Feb 2011, 14:19
All this sunshine just hurts my eyes.

Don't try and cheer me up, it won't work. ;)

Especially after I accidentally ordered a freshly squeezed orange juice today and paid €10 for it! That's a harsh way to discover that oranges aren't in season at the moment in siberia.

galaxy flyer
17th Feb 2011, 14:39
VaudBrit

Money in Russia? Have you been outside of Red Square? There is no money in Russia! It is in Russian hands in London, on the Med and in distant precincts like Israel and NYC. I will be very PC and not characterize these Russian hands.

GF

lear60fellow
17th Feb 2011, 17:25
You can have a nice lunch in Moscow for 5€ or 5.000€, was there living for a while and was great, itīs been 2 years since but I enjoyed it a lot. Normally crews stay at hotel, donīt do that, go out, try The Moscow Expat Site :: The virtual community for English speaking expats and Russians, Moscow, Russia (http://www.expat.ru)