PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Advanced Heli Training Company

Helo51
14th Feb 2011, 09:37
I've been a member of PPRuNe for many years, and regard the Rotorheads Forum as one of the most professional and helpful forums on here. This is my first post to the forum.

I have been given the task of searching for a well established company that can carry out Advanced Training courses for both pilots and crewmen alike that would include the following:

SAR Ops;
Fire Fighting;
Special Ops / Law Enforcement Ops;
Long Line;
Confined area / Mountain Rescue;
Offshore Ops

I'm aware of Priority 1 Air Rescue, but am looking for something on a slightly smaller scale. This is basically to provide training for a State / National Air Wing. There are a lot of companies out there, and we're looking for one that is reputable, has a good track record and is not a cowboy outfit.

I would very much appreciate any pointers or recommendations that the community may have on companies that are worth following up with, and any information on those that should be avoided would also be useful. Location is not an issue at this stage.

This is a genuine enquiry to find a decent and reliable company who can provide advanced training courses.

Many thanks,

Heli51

9Aplus
14th Feb 2011, 13:46
Targeted type of helicopter in your request can help too.... ;)

hueyracer
14th Feb 2011, 14:19
Which type of helicopters?
Which region in Europe?
How many students?
How much time per student (theoretical training + flying training)
Who is paying for this?

TRC
14th Feb 2011, 22:01
Helo51, you have a pm.

Helo51
15th Feb 2011, 09:50
Thanks for your replies already. If I may expand a little further:

We're looking to send somewhere in the region of 5 crew, pilots and crewmen for advanced training. The crew are already licensed certified and operational, and we're looking to send them for additional training to broaden their skills and experienced. This is very likely to be a long term contract, hence the training of the crew in batches / intakes on courses that are available. As for the platform for training, EC 120's or Bell 206's are fine for the training. On their return, the crew will be operating twins (most likely). Location for the training is not an issue, we're just interested in increasing their exposure and experience in being able to perform a range of duties, be it SAR Ops, Offshore Ops, Law Enforcement Ops, fire fighting and so on.

Any assistance that the community can provide in terms of who to avoid and who to speak to that has a proven track record would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Helo51

uptona1
15th Feb 2011, 14:02
Helo51, you have a pm.

Helo51
16th Feb 2011, 10:14
Thanks for the PM's, this is proving very helpful indeed, and I do appreciate it.

H51