PDA

View Full Version : Maggie Pleasant

Agatha
13th Feb 2011, 19:45
Tony asked me to place a message on the website to allow people to share their thoughts, memories and expressions of love and support whilst Maggie is still with us:
Maggie has very recently been diagnosed with kidney failure and regrettably the condition is now regarded as terminal and she is expected to slip away in a couple of days. She is in Hospital and is being made as comfortable as possible. Thankfully she is not in any pain and spends most of the time sleeping. Tony is being very well supported by close friends and has asked that he is allowed to focus entirely on Maggie for the next few days - he would welcome messages of support on this website but has asked people not to call or send cards at this time.
Sorry to be the bearer of such devastating news.

hval
13th Feb 2011, 20:35
Agatha,

It is with sorrow that I read your message. I recognised Maggies name and mentioned your posting to my wife. I have then spoken with others.

Please will you let Tony know that people who worked with Maggie, my wife Siue, my sister Kate and friend Elaine (Civil Admin) all have very fond memories of working with Maggie whilst at Leeming. They all remember Maggies' humour and big personality.

We wish you all well and understand how difficult this time must be.

Edited for typing error.

handleturning
14th Feb 2011, 10:09
What sad news.

moggiee
14th Feb 2011, 18:11
I know Maggie from Leeming and Tony from Boulmer - my best wishes go to both.

taxydual
14th Feb 2011, 20:21
Having left the Service for some years, I had occasion to request a favour of RAF Leeming. Unbeknownst to me, it was Maggies' last day as CRO at Leeming, I contacted her about a sad event and requested a favour. Not only did Maggie remember me, but she pulled out all the stops to ensure another Officer and Gentleman went out with honour.

After all the years my thanks, to Maggie, for what she did that day, will never fade.

Respects, Maggie. You did good.

rockyDC
14th Feb 2011, 21:46
So sorry to hear about Maggie who was well known to my husband and I during our mutual RAF careers. We are thinking of her and many happy times shared, especially at CFS reunions. Our thoughts are also with Tony at this difficult time. Rosie & Fred DC

nmt
15th Feb 2011, 09:40
Maggie and Tony, are thoughts are with you. Thanks for making Mrs P so welcome when she first moved to England.

Agatha
18th Feb 2011, 09:43
I regret to inform you that Maggie slipped away at 0125 on Friday 18 Feb - devastating news for all those that loved and knew this very special lady.

Mystic Greg
18th Feb 2011, 13:32
Very sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts are with Tony and all of Maggie's family.

Agatha
18th Feb 2011, 21:19
When you live in the hearts
Of those you love
Remember then -
You never die.

Miss you Maggie x

Agatha
20th Feb 2011, 21:20
Spoke to Plez tonight - he is so grateful for all the kind words that have been posted on the website and he told me that they had been a real comfort in the darkest moments.

Maggie's funeral will take place at St Andrew's Church at Grinton, Nr Richmond, North Yorkshire at 1200 on Monday 28 February. All welcome.

Plez has now decided that he would be happy for people to wear uniform if they felt it appropriate. Family flowers only. If wished, donations to Macmillan Nurses and Herriott Hospice Homecare.