PDA

View Full Version : `~Wannabe a Pilot~`

SriLankanPilot2
13th Feb 2011, 08:58
About my background,

I'm new to this site and I'm from srilanka.
I have lot of things to know. These days I’m doing my PPL in SriLanka and after I will come to USA for others. But I’m not going to complete my PPL. Because one of my friend said to me that if I have done all license in states, I would be punished while my license conversion (USA license is FAA and In SriLanka use CAA) due to unaware procedure of CAA of flying in SriLanka and My friend advised me to do my PPL till they (flight training school) give solo flying.(10 or 12 hours) Also he said this 10 or 12 hours will be counted for my total flying hours. Because he did all (PPL,IR,CPL,MEIR) in states in Nice air aviation (Nice Air: Professional Pilot Training (http://www.niceairaviation.com/)). Then he got back SriLanka and when he got into license conversion, he got punished. ( It is not a legal and not a big punishment which are blame flight instructors while flying using filthy wards, conversion get postponed etc) That is why I decided to act like above.

So I want to know that what is the most cheapest flight school in USA? And highly reputed? I’m going to do PPL,IR,CPL,MEIR,CFI,CFII,MEI. What is the best school with cheap prices? Another friend of mine is currently studying at Flight-inc (Flights Inc. - Flight Training and Aircraft Rental (http://www.flights-inc.com/)) my other selection is skywalk (Sky Walk, Inc. Flight Training - Home (http://www.skywalkinc.com/)). So how about these schools?

I saw in a post someone has told that when he was going to have a instructing job, they had asked as his school was part 141 approved. So according my knowledge part 61 and part 141 courses are only allowed to do for international students. Am I right? What are others called part 91 ,135,121 etc?

And My hope is be a instructor till get a job in a airline. There is a big competition to have job in SriLankan Airline Or mihinlanka. But I think that I can have it.
But how is intrusting field in states? Will I able to instructor job as a non US citizen? And how about airline jobs background for non US citizens?

That’s all my case. I know there are lots of omniscient (students, instructors, airline pilots etc) in this community. So I think that you will help me to going on correct path. If my grammar is wrong, Let me know them for my knowledge and it doesn’t matter your reply is too long. Thanks for any input.

SriLankanPilot2
13th Feb 2011, 18:30
this thread have got 56 views. But still no even an one comment.

cefey
13th Feb 2011, 21:10
Go to US on F1 visa, so you can instruct.
Find a school that offers all certificates you want. Check that they got F1 visa and join it;) part 61 or 141 dosent matter for u.

As for school, I heard many good things about school in fort pierce, FL (google it).
And stay away from PFTC in FL.
Cheers m8

SriLankanPilot2
14th Feb 2011, 03:10
That's because you can find all the answers by reading. Including research on what an FAA PART actually is (hint: they have an index of them)

Okey I'll check all out. appreciate your comment. Thank you.

SriLankanPilot2
14th Feb 2011, 03:44
Go to US on F1 visa, so you can instruct.
Find a school that offers all certificates you want. Check that they got F1 visa and join it part 61 or 141 dosent matter for u.

Can't we instruct through a M-1 visa?

As for school, I heard many good things about school in fort pierce, FL (google it).
And stay away from PFTC in FL

Can you name some of them? And Why did you say to stay away from PFTC? What is their duty?

Whirlygig
14th Feb 2011, 06:27
There is a sticky thread above which will answer all your VISA questions. An F1 VISA is for academic study only.

You are unlikely to get any instructor work in the States; why should a school employ a foreigner when they have their own local unemployed instructors? Similarly for commercial airline work.

Since Sri Lanka doesn't accept the FAA licence, and has its own CAA, you might want to question why you are planning on doing so much of your training in the States.

Cheers

Whirls

Halfwayback
14th Feb 2011, 09:28
SriLankanPilot2

Welcome to the Wannabee forums.

As some of the responses already show there are lots of people willing to help but they do expect you to do your own research beforehand

If you use the 'Search' function you will find answers to nearly all your questions because they have been asked - and answered - many times before. You will also learn a lot from those threads about the parlous state of the industry at the moment and you can read various informed views about the 'job market'.

I am closing this thread so that it doesn't attract any more replies. PM me if you want it opened once you have done your research.

HWB