View Full Version : Geneva Airport

EI-BUD
12th Feb 2011, 23:05
My 1st post in the spotters corner, hello to one & all of the spotters on here!!

Does anybody know what the facilities for spectating are like at Geneva, last time I passed through the airport i had little or no time to find out. If anybody has any info, would be glad to hear.

I did notice on landing that there were quite a diverse range of visitors and it was Saturday in Winter , no surprises on that so!!

EI-BUD

Old Photo.Fanatic
13th Feb 2011, 19:15
I have photographed at Geneva on a couple of occasions.
There are spots along the southside. The northside "Biz jets" not so good for spotting/photography

Best idea, go on "Scamble" website and you will find a full map of locations and how to get there.

First off, bring up " Scramble-SIS " on the web,
Next clck. on "Scramble on the web -SIS Summary"
A full info page will come up for the Scramble Web site.

Go to top line selection Clck on "Where to go"
Next Clck on "Airfield Guide"
Next Clck on "Switzerland"
Next Clck on "Geneva-Cointrin" (Non member location)
Then you should have a map of Geneva with all the best spots noted and located and how to get there, 8 in all, 6 of which are on the south side best for photos.
Combine this with Google Earth view to help.
I personnaly like near or at spot 7 (Westerly winds).

This is a good procedure for other europian Airfields, but will only come up if not restricted to "members only"

Hope this works for you

OPF

PS Scramble also publish a very comprehensive book with full Airfield guides Civil/Military for the main northern europian countries.

Skipness One Echo
13th Feb 2011, 21:08
Last time I was there I just walked up past the PALEXPO exhibition centre, keep the fence in site and then go left through the car park at the end of the PALEXPO which takes you to the end of runway 23. Excellent and popular photo spots up the banking to get you clear of the fence. It's about 15 mins on foot from the terminal.

aa0678
14th Feb 2011, 11:37
try this link for Geneva:

DPTS Association - Main photo points, ATC frequencies and accomodation information (http://www.dpts.org/photopoints.html)

EI-BUD
14th Feb 2011, 16:30
Thanks to you all for the helpful information! Will make use of that soon!

EI-BUD