PDA

View Full Version : Directions to Renewing your RTR(P) For those having trouble

pier39lab
11th Feb 2011, 13:57
I successfully renewed my RTR(P) (Converted from Transport Canada RT). I wasn't given 20 years to live with the RT but 5:ugh:. You will be lucky if you do.

I spent a lot of time looking for the right form for RTR(P) renewal on the internet and I couldn't find one that easy. As you know, most government websites are the worst in their kind, isn't complicated but they're highly highly disorganized #(*#$(#&#$!!!! Blah blah blah...

Anyway, below is the link to the form (COP23). If the download doesn't work, let me know and I'll find another place to put it.

Download COP23.pdf for free on uploading.com (http://uploading.com/files/667e5f53/COP23.pdf/)

Directions:
1. Complete the form. You only need to send 2 pages of the form (unless you have a flying job). (The rest is just instructions written by them that is pretty jumbled up and confusing)
Most is self explanatory but here's what you should know of
2. On page 1, For 'Particulars of Certificate(s) of *Competency/Proficiency held by the applicant', you need to write the details of your Indian and Foreign RT
3. Page 2 is where YOU and the Gazetted officer needs to sign.

You need the following: Checklist:
1. Completed form
2. 3 or 4 recent passport sized Photographs

ATTESTED COPIES OF:

3. Indian RT
4. Foreign RT
5. Foreign CPL
6. DGCA CPL
7. Logbook pages that shows 30 hours in the last 3 years.
8. Current Foreign Medical (Hmmm, I'm really not sure if this is a requirement, I get different answers from people but I still sent mine to save myself from hassles)

9. A DD of Rs. 5,000
HAS TO BE from the State Bank Of India, drawn in the name of
"PAO (HQ), DOT, New Delhi" and Payable at "New Delhi"
Branch Code: 7687

Send all the above to:
The Assistant Wireless
Adviser to the Govt. of India, Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing, COP Section,
Department of Telecom, 619, Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001.

That's about it.

I got mine in 13 working days flat!

Capt.Morrgan
11th Feb 2011, 15:07
Thanks brother!! I'm sure this information will come in handy to many, including myself in a couple of months. My foreign RT is from UK, I wonder if that changes anything?

pier39lab
11th Feb 2011, 15:37
@Capt. Morrgan, I'm not sure with the UK RT, but I know it classifies as RTR(C)
C=Converted. I don't think you have to do a lot when it comes to renewal but if it's your first time application and conversion, you'll have to write the PART-1 exam and... oh wish I knew.

These posts should help you.

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/436730-help-indian-cop-rtr-c.html
and
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/429129-rtr.html

dragstar
11th Feb 2011, 16:36
@pier39lab

great piece of information!!

Had been looking for the COP-23 form since quite sometime.

One question, the form says DD of Rs 50.00 whereas you mention DD of Rs 5000.00 which is for 20years but you only got a 5 year extension. Did you get a refund or something?

pier39lab
11th Feb 2011, 17:27
@pier39lab

great piece of information!!

Had been looking for the COP-23 form since quite sometime.

One question, the form says DD of Rs 50.00 whereas you mention DD of Rs 5000.00 which is for 20years but you only got a 5 year extension. Did you get a refund or something?

@Dragster, the form simply lies, it's a few years old and not updated. It took me a lot of searching for the form and took me seconds to edit it and make it into a PDF and post it here. I don't know why WPC doesn't do it in years!
Needless to say, I got no refund, they're happy with my 5,000/-

sonsal
11th Feb 2011, 19:51
my RTR(C) is expiring in sept but my 30 hours gonna get lapsed in 1 month time, so can i send my application now for the renewal with 5K draft? will they renew it now? some says you can only send application 3 months before expiring. any info?

pier39lab
13th Feb 2011, 20:01
@Sonsal. You can renew your RT only within 3 months of it expiring (Not before that) If you don't have the 30 hours in 3 years, you'll have to face those dreaded RT exams.

takeoffpowerset
14th Feb 2011, 11:55
great job vik ;)

thearsenal
14th Feb 2011, 16:50
really helpful post thanks a ton man

RterO
16th Feb 2011, 13:41
My RTR is expiring as well. Though i meet hte clause of 30 hours in the last 3 years, will it be an issue if i have an FAA CPL and a UK RT?

Any kind of info would really help.

flying demon
16th Feb 2011, 18:22
Im also in the same situation like you (FAA cpl & UK rt)... have the 30 hrs... But Im pretty sure the renewal of the rtr(c) works the same way... I still have another month before I fall within the three month bracket of renewing it... Anyways just wanted to know if you have any further info???

pier39lab
16th Feb 2011, 18:30
@Rtero and Flying Demon: You guys should try renewing it with FAA and UK RT, send them all that I've mentioned above, if it doesn't work that way, they'll reply via post with clear instructions. That's one way of getting to know. I think you should try, it won't take too long for their response in any case.

flying demon
16th Feb 2011, 18:36
@pier39lab: I just have a quick question can 30 hrs of RT monitoring experience in the last 3 months substitute the 30 hrs of flying in last 3yrs for the renewal of the rtr???

A69
17th Feb 2011, 05:01
@flying demon - Mostly NOT for Pilots. Ground monitoring is likely requirement for AME's and other ground operators. Read the COP-23 form.

livetokill22
6th Mar 2011, 04:14
Hi
I am in delhi guys, what is the address of the building?
I was thinking of going and submitting the application myself.
Thanks a lot

I don't really know my way around delhi, if you could please give me a easy to understand route.

Cheers'

dragstar
6th Mar 2011, 04:37
@livetokill22

Take a metro from CP (Rajiv Chowk) towards Central Secretariat.

Get down one stop before Central Secretariat and next door is Sanchar Bhavan.

livetokill22
6th Mar 2011, 04:40
Thanks bro.

weapon-x
6th Mar 2011, 13:59
Hi i have current Canadian CPL and Canadian RT and current Canadian medical , but my RTR (P) is abt to lapse and i also dont have 30hrs for flying in last 3 years , can i apply for Fresh RTR (P) ...

As i have Canadian CPL and Canadian RT and current Canadian medical , still i have to pass exam to get the Indian RT ?

Radar_Contact
10th Mar 2011, 14:32
NO TXT THNX

HWB

pier39lab
10th Mar 2011, 16:33
Weapon X: Hi i have current Canadian CPL and Canadian RT and current Canadian medical , but my RTR (P) is abt to lapse and i also dont have 30hrs for flying in last 3 years , can i apply for Fresh RTR (P) ...

As i have Canadian CPL and Canadian RT and current Canadian medical , still i have to pass exam to get the Indian RT ?

I'm not sure but from what I hear, you have to pass the Part 1 if you don't have the hours in 3 years. Don't quote me on that but call WPC to find out and let us know what they say.

Radar Contact: did u get the same license no as your previous RTR or different one was issued????

n if different one was isued did u get it endorsed on your FRTOL...hows that procedure?

Good question, I got a different number written on my renewed RTR. I don't think you gotta do anything with the FRTOL.

SeniorEagle: You're welcome! I'm happy the guidelines have helped a few

sonsal
10th Mar 2011, 17:12
for the examination in delhi the DD has to be made in favour of "communications accounts officer (cash), new delhi".

Is it same for renewing the licence as well or the old one?

Radar_Contact
11th Mar 2011, 07:05
m pretty sure its PAO (HQ) DOT NEW DELHI for renewal

aadityaslg
11th Mar 2011, 13:28
This is pretty mad...

My RTR is valid upto - 15th-JAN-2012

I can only apply for it on or after - 15th-OCT-2011.

Got "30 hrs of flying in the last 3 yrs" till - 10th-SEPT-2011.

So basically I wait for my flying recency to lapse??

This is really mad!

Please help!

Fibreglass
11th Mar 2011, 14:15
aadityaslg, same here. Only options I can think of for folks like us:

- Get into an airline :ugh:
- Clear Indian RT papers or whatever Part I is :yuk:
- Fly 30 hours?:ouch:

I hope someone comes up with a magical solution so save us folks a world of pain.

sonsal
11th Mar 2011, 15:20
same case with me too...i guess have to appear for the part -1 again.

capt. hustler
11th Mar 2011, 15:33
i do got my RTR conrtd frm canadian CPL n RT..i will do the same for 20 yrs validity..but two ques
i) do i ve to go for canadian medical renewal every year
if yes whr cn i get it dne in India
ii) at this stage can i appear for part 1 n get my indian rt for lifetime..

thanks a lot friend..

sonsal
11th Mar 2011, 15:52
1)No
2)No

aadityaslg
11th Mar 2011, 16:02
Getting into an Airline- I wish.. but can only hope.
30 hrs of flying - will not spend that money for RT.

Part 1 yes.. if thats the only option avbl.

But it just su**s.. to wait for your recency to lapse.
I wish we had smarter people making those rules and regs.

The requirement should be put down as--

"flying recency and validity should be in sync"

sonsal
11th Mar 2011, 16:24
yea i know it sucks....same case is with me, but its all about INDIA rules and regulations which are so confusing and made for making life harder for everything.

bayblade
16th Mar 2011, 12:27
u've answered to your own question.
since the booklet validity is 5 yrs , they are going to issue the rt to for 5yrs. no more no less.
and in order to enjoy the privileges of the ftrol you DO REQUIRE to get your canadian medicals every year.
this link would help you choose a medical centre in mumbai.
Civil Aviation Medical Examiners (CAME) - Results (http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/came-meac/r.aspx?lang=eng&p=&c=Mumbai&x=&s=2&l=356)

manny.sekh
27th Mar 2011, 11:37
Folks, in most instances the The Department of Telecom (Wireless Planning Cell) are using ilegal memorandum and letters to confuse and harass innocent Pilots looking for issue of RTR(P) and RTR(C)--where P stands for Permit and C for Conversion.
WPC is governing thru Memorandums. Memorandums, however, are not Rules. To become Rules they must get the sanction of the Parliament. If a memorandum is issued when Parliament is not in session it must be placed before the Parliament for 30 full days no sooner it is in Session and then be passed by it. If this is not done the Rule sought to be implemented thru a Memorandum lapses. This is defined in the Indian Telegraph Act.
N.B WPC has issued RTR(P) to even PPL holders from South Africa and New Zealand--the one with PPL from South Africa is Mr Bijan Panda, Member of Parliament. Corner them (preferably the Wireless Adviser to Government of India of with this info when you have trouble. (I will give the NZ info if anyone requests).
Don't be scared of the Officials of WPC (Wireless Planning Cell, Dept of Telecom, Government of India).--Today their former Minister 'RAJA" and Secretary 'Behura' are in Jail for the 2G scam--they can follow them to jail for their actions.:{

Fibreglass
27th Mar 2011, 11:47
Manny.Sekh, could you please clarify what you are trying to say? I get the part about corruption at WPC, but what is your point? That all these recency regulations are bogus?

manny.sekh
27th Mar 2011, 12:02
YES.
Go file a RTI, ask them what is the legality of Memorandums.
Quoting a December 2008 memorandum as if it is a rule in 2011 is criminal.

Capt.Raghav
29th Mar 2011, 17:51
:O hi all ,

tats a gud piece of info from all . i can figure out that there is a problem in getting 20 years of validity for ppl with rtr(p) in their renewals since it says the validity wud be till 20 yrs or till the validity of foreign cpl or foreign rt which ever expires first .(plz correct if im wrong) since a canadian rt is life time all tat has to be looked upon is regarding the licence validity which is mistook by the wpc ppl as valid till the date given in the booklet first page. it is true that a pilot cannot exercise his/her priviledge if the booklet is not valid.similary if the medical gets expired ( one year validity for age < 40 yrs ) he/she cannot exercise the priviledge as a commercial pilot . but the cpl licence is not expired as such . if thi scan be proven through a written statement from the licencing officer of transport canada or from the CAR section in which if this is mentioned cleary then i hope there wudnt be a problem for ppl with rtr(p) to get a validity of their rtr (p) renewed for 20 yrs.
Can any one provide some ideas in getting a letter or written statement for the same would be a of great help to all ppl who did their training and rt from common wealth country. info on canadian licence and rt wud be appriciated since ive been tryin to get info in the net from ransport canada website regading the validity of the canadian licence. hoping for a positive reply .... all the best guys/gals in ur renewals of Indian RT. :ok:

RNP2
5th Apr 2011, 04:32
Same problem...30 hrs expiring in Aug and can only apply for my rtr renewal in October...:mad:. I guess part I is the only way out right now!

Can I apply for part 1 now itself and give the exam or do I have to wait till Oct to apply?

Thanks
RNP2

yash
5th Apr 2011, 09:15
Is there any way we can check that if its a 5000 Rs DD or a 50 rs one as mentioned ??

Oscalima
6th Apr 2011, 11:04
@aaditya
so what you gonna do now? give the exam or any other option...

pier39lab
6th Apr 2011, 20:26
@Yash, Surprisingly, not very very long ago, the RTR fee was a few peanuts.
My buddy tried renewing his RTR for 50Rs and it wasn't accepted, they wrote him a mail with a revised fee structure. I suggest you don't waste any time in finding out, go with what works, the 5000 Rs.

And for those of you who are bound to write the PART 1 of the RTR exams,
from friends I hear Mr. M.K Singh trains you well; will cost a lot but many pass the exams.
You can reach him on 09433044765

Read this:
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/364399-flying-validation-foreign-license.html

yash
7th Apr 2011, 04:42
@pier39lab

thanks for all the info man , this is really an amazing job you are doing . I still have 2-3 months before my RTR expires so i'l submit my application in June only .

pier39lab
7th Apr 2011, 06:01
@Yash,

You don't have to keep waiting until the day your RTR expires, it can be renewed in advance of 3 months from the date of expiry, but never more than that. WPC takes anytime between 15 days to 3 months for the renewal, I obtained mine in the shortest possible time but my buddy didn't (considering we did the paperwork together), What a Bummer! Despite the fact that he submitted all the documents, they wrote to him a telling him that he missed a few documents.
Very unpredictable, isn't it?

yash
7th Apr 2011, 06:17
it is the same story for most of the departments in civil aviation in India , but well if it really was the case with your buddy i'l submit my application before time .

aviator7256
10th May 2011, 06:36
Hello everyone.
My RTR (C), converted from Canadian one, expires in September 2011.
MY 30 hrs flying in past 3 yrs expires May 20th.

Can I get it renewed by the process- paying 5000 Rs.

Please shed some light, those of you who are sure.

Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

sonsal
10th May 2011, 06:52
hey i am also in the same boat.....unfortunately we cant get it renewed before 3 months...have to give part 1 or 30 hours before sept......

sbflyingangel
23rd Jun 2011, 13:13
Hi all,

I have got my RTR(A) with me.which was valid for 5 yrs...and which will lapse in november.
Does the 30 hrs flying hours in the prceeding 3 yrs rule apply for people like me who have proper Indian RT not any converted one???

If yes than do i need to give the Part 1 exam??
coz i don't fulfill the criteria of 30 hrs(needless to say coz m jobless for the last three years):sad:

It's been 5 yrs..don't remember much of the transmision... have to again take RT classes for it..:ugh:

Please suggest!!

Johny Boy
23rd Jun 2011, 15:48
Yes 30 hours rule applies to all.

RTR(A) /RTR(C)/RTR(P)

harshil2292
23rd Jun 2011, 17:01
if foreign CPL and RT is lapsed... i think, u have no choice but to appear for part 1 and part 2...... indian RT lapsed that means your FRTOL lapsed..that means ur licence is useless now, so u cannot fly in india.... in any case. 30 hrs funda is only applicable to renew ur RTR, if ur foreign RT is valid, then u can apply with 30 hrs in last 3 yrs starting from the date of ur RTR expiry, to renew ur RTR for 20 yrs.

Johny Boy
23rd Jun 2011, 17:03
Suggestion 1:

Go to Philippines and get your CPL renew ...submit it along with NTC for RTR(P).

Suggestion 2:

Sit for Part 1 and clear it ...get RTR(C) on your NTC.

Johny Boy
24th Jun 2011, 02:07
what is the usual validity for RTR (C)

Validity will be on your NTC validity date, ie till your NTC is valid you will get RTR(C).

Suppose your NTC is valid till 2014 July then you will get RTR(C) till July 2014 Or if validity is till July 2012 then RTR(C) will be valid till July 2012.

You will get RTR(C) only if you clear Part 1 and have 30 hours in 36 months from your renewal date.

sbflyingangel
24th Jun 2011, 03:40
@sonsal
as i can c even u have to appear for the Part 1 to renew ur RT.
Where r u takeing RT classes from??

my RT will lapse on 2nd of nov..still have got 2 attempts left..i stay in delhi.

Any suggestion from anybody else would be apprecited..

cyrilroy21
24th Jun 2011, 21:51
Hi

Yes you have to apply online first for attempting the RT exam .

You will need a to take a DD ( 500 Rs/- )and that too from SBI only

Also you need the character certificate from a gazetted officer .
I suggest you make 3 or 4 copies of the same form from the gazetted officer as you will be needing it for future exams in case you dont pass the first time
All photocopies they ask for need to be attested by a gazetted officer

You will need digital scanned copies of the same before you apply online
Once you apply online you will get an application ID

With the printout of the application ID and a bunch of other documents you will have to send it the regional office where the exam is taking place.
For eg if the exam is in chenai you will have to send it to chennai office

The current attempt for chennai is going on .
The schedule for 2011 is given here including last dates for application
http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/011.pdf

You will have to keep checking their website everyday as to when they start taking applications for the August attempt which takes place in Kolkota .

A word of warning
You will have to apply for the october attempt in Delhi long before the results of the august attempt are published :ugh: . Some people forget to do so and when they find out they havent passed its already too late to apply for the next attempt.

Since you stay in Delhi i suggest you take coaching classes from Mr. MK Singh . Its a 5 day course form 8am to 5 pm ( very tiring to listen to the same person for so long )
He has all the new question paper including the latest charts and will give you all the study material you need .
If you listen to what he says and and study what he tells you to study you should be able to pass without much problems . It requires a lot of hard work.

I suggest you give RTR(A) by giving both exams part 1 and part 2 . That way you can get a an RT license with lifetime validity and never have to worry about dealing with the WPC ever again .

MK Singh does give coaching for part 2 as well . But its pretty much a self study course. It inlcudes all the basic physics you learnt in 10+2 as well as everything you learnt in aviation so far i.e you theoretical knowledge for pilot exams

Another note of caution
MK Singh is one of the best trainers available in India for RT ( He 'll tell you that himself )
He is quite rude to his students . So you can expect to be insulted in front of the whole class. There are quite a few students who cannot handle it and leave in between the 5 days of coaching .
My suggestion: Just be humble and be polite and respectful whenever you talk to him irrespective of what he says to you .
Oh yes learn the definition of Altitude ( he will surely ask you )

He will tell you to call him the day before the exam so that he can give you a few questions that will be asked . DONT
He will insult you when you call him and abuse you for trying to get the questions from him instead of studying for it by yourself :ugh:

Go by his instructions and you should be able to crack the exam . I have heard that the kolkota attempt is usually the easiest where they pass most of the students ( chennai is the hardest )

When you go for the exam go in formals just like you would for a job interview . Wish the, examiner good morning or good afternoon as the case may be .
Be polite , respectful and dont show any attitude towards them . They might ask you weird questions ( for part 2 )
If you encounter a question that you dont know tell them that you do not know the answer politely.

Good Luck :ok:

spicy
25th Jun 2011, 11:31
my part-1 exam is on 29th!! and this wpc site is not opening!! :ugh:

yes i tried opening wit window's explorer!!:yuk:

what to do??:(

please help!!!:rolleyes:

sbflyingangel
25th Jun 2011, 15:29
@cyrilroy21

wow!!!that was lot of information....thanks a lot!!!:)

it's really helpful....i appreciate ur help and guidance:D

just one more thing as u suggested that i shud go for Part1 & 2 both so that i can get rtr(a) with lifetime validity...my doubt is..since i already have my RTR(A)
if i gv only part 1 won't it be renewed for lifetime(or maybe 20 yrs...not clear abt the rule)..it's just that we have to pay some 5k or 10k as the renewal fee???:confused:

Please shed some light over it...if that wud be the case i might go for part 2 aswell..but only if required..

thanks again for the help..you did a great job!!!
much appreciated!!:D

cyrilroy21
25th Jun 2011, 15:44
@sbflyingangel

Oh you hold an RTR(A)

I'm sorry i thought you had an RTR(C)

Yes you are right. All you need to do just give part 1 to renew your RTR (A)
and once you pass it all you need to do is give the fee for Rs 10,000/-
for lifetime validity

But be careful though . They are strict in evaluating the paper for candidates who only write part 1 . So must be thorough with all the answers .

sbflyingangel
26th Jun 2011, 03:41
@cyrilroy21

thanks again for ur suggestions..will keep it in mind:ok:

aadityaslg
26th Jun 2011, 05:20
Any books to prepare for part 1??

beinghuman
15th Oct 2011, 07:05
Hi Guys,

I hold a RTR (P). I understand the form says Rs 50 but as a safe bet we make a draft of 5000 Rs.

Can somebody direct me to the link for the fee structure ? I'm confused about the fee for the appropriate years extension that we get along with it.

pier39lab
15th Oct 2011, 19:51
It'll be pretty hard to find a place where you can find what you need to pay. The WPC doesn't really care, it's an organization run by schmucks. A bunch of people with me paid 5000 INR and we all got the renewed RTs valid until the Canadian CPL expires.
I just wish that the DGCA, WPC and the government starts doing something that'll make sense.

pier39

beinghuman
14th Nov 2011, 11:54
Hi guys,

While applying for RTR (p) renewal, do we need to have a current foreign medical ? My Foreign medical has lapsed and it will take couple of weeks to get that. Cop 23 forms does not mention the requirement.

GENERAL MANAGER
18th Nov 2011, 01:32
Hi guys wondering if anyone could help me out with this query.
I have a canadian cpl and canadian rt .
My indian rt lapsed this october and i was wondering if i can renew it and get a indian rt with lifetime validity or is the 30 hour rule valid in this scenario too.
Any help would really be appreciated.
Thanks

allstarsflyboy
18th Nov 2011, 18:39
Can anybody here please tell me , what determines the validity period of the RTR that they issue ??
I have a Canadian CPL and a Canadian RT .. Now i am planning to apply for the RTR(P) , but i hear from some friends that they got 20 yrs and some got 3 yrs validity !!!! :ugh:

Does anybody have any idea please help ... :confused:

Aviator09
20th Nov 2011, 11:46
Hello People.
I have a query about RTR(P) renewal. To get a life-time validity on the licence, part-1 & part-2 are required or just part-1 would suffice. Is the schedule for 2012 examinations already out?

turbo_proper
29th Nov 2011, 11:21
Hi,
I need an urgent advice regarding renewed RTR(P).
My Old RTR(P) was suppose to expire on 25th Nov, for which
I applied for renewal 1 and half months back. Today I recieved renewed RTR
with new RTR(P) number. Now do I have to get new RTR number endorsed on FRTOL or can I fly without getting it endorsed. I am suppose to fly in first week of December and I am not sure if I can fly without getting new RTR number endorsed on FRTOL.
Please advice.

Thanks

Daydippya Das
18th Nov 2013, 13:57
Hello all the aviators...
I am having a RTR(P) which is also called as COP.Now I need to get FRTOL from DGCA on the basis of my newly released COP. Over internet or DGCA website there is no proper information about the FRTOL either they are saying about COP or they are just simply saying about FRTOL without any details.

I need to fly In india so I must need a FRTOL from DGCA. Can anyone here help me out with which documents should I submit to DGCA to get my FRTOL...It will be a great help...All these documents should be attached or I need to submit original alone with the xerox copys...

Some are saying I need to make a DD of 5000/ and for your help now I know on whose favor I must do the DD.

Please reply as soon as possible because I need to fly from India...It will b a great help...

gbamsia
5th Feb 2014, 05:31
Hii i did my training from Philippines i got my CPL on June 2011 valid till may 2012 and Philippine FRTOL (RROC FROM NTC) valid till may 2016 . I came back to India and applied for RTR (P) so i got permit valid for 1 year only which expired on may 2012 . further i applied for conversion of my foreign CPL license to Indian CPL which i got converted successfully in November 2013 and validity for both Indian CPL and FRTOL is for 5 years .Iam holding a current class 1 Indian medical although my foreign class 1 medical already expired on may 2012 as Philippine class 1 medical and cpl validity is same for 1 year only. but my 30 hours of flying in last 3 years is expiring on Aug 2014

My queries are:

1) whether i can still renew my RTR (P) and extend its validity up to 20 years

2) if i have current indian licence and frtol based on it i can get rtr for 20 years

3) W hat other options i have to renew my rtr

please suggest:

Capt Apache
6th Feb 2014, 06:51
Hopefully you have already got it sorted out.But if you haven't let me give you a suggestion:

Look at Post number 1 on this thread by Pier39lab.Download the form.Get attested copies of all the documents and send it to them on the address provided by Pier39lab.It is very likely that you will get a letter stating all the procedures that you haven't followed and that need to be followed.Don't forget the logbook pages and the demand draft.It could take a couple of months for them to reply.

I don't know the exact procedure myself, but I'm reasonably sure that the above indirect method would work.They normally reply back and list the reasons why your application has been denied.

There is no need to panic.If you want to sort out this mess you are going to have to be patient.:) Hopefully someone else here is able to guide you more precisely.

alphasieara
31st May 2014, 07:12
hello, i would like to pitch in what i just found regarding RTR permit that is RTR(P)...this is what i found in the check list on WPC website...and i think this should be helpful regarding the requirements for initial issue,extension and renewals on all types of RTR...

kindly correct me if i am wrong...but this is what i have come across...and particularly to the interest of people holding rtr(p)... there is no mention about 30 hours in past 3 years for rtr(p)

As on 22.03.2010
Required documents for appearing in examinations and Issuance / Renewal of COP Licences :
Copies of alll required documents should be attested by gazetted officers of State governments or Central Governments service
Demand Draft /Banker’s Cheque should be in favour of PAO (HQ ), DOT, New Delhi

1) Issue of RTR (Permit)
a) Application Form – AF1& form annexure 1-A
b) Attested copy of foreign FRTOL (commonwealth countries and Philippines)
c) Attested copy of Flight Crew Licences (CPL/ATPL/FEL).
d) Attested copy of Passport and Visa
e) DD of rupees Five Thousands (5000/-).
f) Passport size photographs- 02 Nos.
g) Issued for 20 years subject to the validity of foreign FRTOL & Flight Crew License

2) Extension of RTR Permit
a) Application Form – COP 23 , Annexure 1-A
b) Attested copy of foreign FRTOL (commonwealth countries and Philippines)
c) Attested copy of valid Flight Crew Licences (CPL/ATPL/FEL) of same admin and Experience Certificate of 30 Hrs.of flying in an Aero Mobile Station or an experience of not less than three months in a station working in the Aero-Mobile service.
d) DD of rupees Five Thousands (5000/-)
e) Passport size photographs- 02 Nos.

3) Issue of RTR (A) new licence
(A) Qualify in the RTR(A) full examination
(B) Pay Fee of Rupees Five Thousands (5000/-) for twenty years & Rupees ten Thousands (10000/-) for life time
(C) License will be issued from concerned RLO
Documents required for appearing in the examination
a) Application Form COP 1
b) Certificate of Character and Nationality
c) Educational certificate showing the Date of Birth
d) Demand Draft of rupees Five Hundred (500/-)
e) Online registration acknowledgement slip
f) 2 photo graphs
4) Issue for RTR (C) licence against foreign FRTOL( Commonwealth countries and Phillipines)
(A) Qualify in the RTR(A) part -1 examination
(B) Pay Fee of Rupees Five Thousands (5000/-) for License which will be valid for 20 years subject to validity of FRTOL
(C) License will be issued from concerned WPC
Documents required for appearing in the examination
a) Application Form COP 1
b) Certificate of Character and Nationality
c) Educational certificate which showing the Date of birth
d) Demand Draft of rupees Five Hundred (500/-)
e) Online registration acknowledgement slip
f) 2 photo graphs
Cont…..
-2-

Documents required for issue of license to WPC Wing
a. Form Annexure 1-A
b. Attested copy of valid FRTOL of commonwealth countries and Philippines
c. Demand Draft of rupees Five Thousands (5000/-)
d. 2 photo graphs
5) Renewal of RTR (A)
b) Experience Certificate of 30 Hrs.of flying in an Aero Mobile Station or an experience of not less than three months in a station working in the Aero-Mobile service or renewal by test as per order in force.
c) DD of rupees Five Thousands (5000) for 20 years and Ten Thousands (10000 ) for life time { late fess (if any)}
d) On line registration acknowledgement slip
e) Attested copy of Date of Birth certificate (DOB)
6) Renewal of RTR (C)
b) Attested copy of valid Foreign FRTOL (commonwealth countries and Philippines)
c) Experience Certificate or Attested copy of log book of flying for 30 hours in last years.
d) DD of rupees Five Thousands (5000/-) + late fess (if any)
e) Passport size photos-02 Nos.

7) GMDSS(GOC) - Renewal
a) Application Form – COP 23
b) Attested copies of CDC or Company Experience Certificate (6 months of last 5 years)
or renewal by test as per order in force.
c) Demand Draft of rupees Five Hundreds (500/-)
d) On line registration acknowledgement slip

8) Grant of Amateur License
After passing of examination conducted by various Wireless Monitoring Stations (W.M.S) of this Ministry and receipt of case sheet from W.M.S, candidates will be asked to provide;
a) 2 Passport size photos
b) Demand Draft (For Grade II and IIR – Rs 60, For Grade I – Rs 100, For Advance Rs 125)
Note :Licences will be issued subject to Inter Ministerial clearance.License fee is under revision.

9) Renewal of Amateur Radio License
a) Application (Form Annexure-7) with declaration of making applicable contacts in amateur radio as per rule.
b) Demand Draft (For Grade II and IIR – Rs 60, For Grade I – Rs 100, For Advance Rs 125)
c) Late fees as per rules

10) Special Permission as Mobile / Radio Direction Finding / Special Call sign / Temporary shifting of station
a) Application
b) Permission from Institution / Local Administration
c) Individual Consent
d) Require Fees (as per rules)
Cont….
-3-

11) Renewal of Maritime COP Licences - RTG, SND, SPL, RTIM, FST, ROCG, RTR (M))
a) Application Form – COP 23
b) Attested copies of CDC or Company Experience Certificate (3 months in last 3 years)
c) Demand Draft of rupees Fifty (50/-)
d) Late fees as per rules.

Note : Duplicate copy of RTR(A) and RTR(C) or their renewals /extension may be obtained from the issuing office after payment of One Thousand Rupees (Rs. 1,000/-). Refer to rules for further details.

Toddler9Alpha
8th Jun 2018, 04:22
I have a valid CPL and FRTOL and class 1 medical from maldives.
As per rule FCL 3 2010,direct conversion of foreign FRTOL To RTR(A)
CPL and FRTOl from common wealth countries and phillippines.
Real Issue is maldives left common wealth in oct 2016.
Question:
1.As being a former member common wealth country direct conversion will be accepted?
2.where i can more detail regarding conversion?
3.what are the option for getting Indian RTR
Any help or guidance wil be higly appreciated.