PDA

View Full Version : MIA crew hotel

polarflying
11th Feb 2011, 13:22
Hi there I have not been to MIA much and will be in need of a hotel (possibly a suite) at MIA that offers a crew rate. Could anyone help with a recommendation?

Cheers

beachbumflyer
11th Feb 2011, 17:14
I think Hilton and Sheraton have good crew rates.

falcon10
12th Feb 2011, 20:04
Sherry Frontenac beachfront on Collins Avenue is a crew-only hotel, 10 minutes down to South Beach, with crew rates between $95 and $120 I think. Several domestic and international airlines stay there. Does the job!

Welcome | Sherry Frontenac Hotel (http://www.sherryfrontenac.net/)

misd-agin
14th Feb 2011, 19:43
Kayak.com

Priceline.com - bid a low price at 2 stars, get rejected, bid slightly higher at 2.5 stars, maybe get rejected. If rejected at 2.5 stars bid slightly higher for a 3 star hotel.

Guys tell me they get hotels this way for $50 (+/-) near the airport.

silverware
15th Feb 2011, 20:11
Go for the Sherry, can't beat a true "home-away-from-home"-place, pool is good too and has nice flotey things to hang on to after a tiring flight.

Salmon37
16th Feb 2011, 01:42
+1 for the Sherry. If you like the '40's art deco style, this is the place for you. Its not a 4 diamond resort, but you can't beat the staff and you won't have a bunch of soccer/hockey/baseball teams running the halls.

Pool is great, its right on the beach and the beer vending machine is a plus (bring $1 bills). Of course, if you don't like hanging around the pool with F/As from different airlines, perhaps the Sherry isn't for you.....

troff
20th Feb 2011, 10:22
Ya, the Sherry is really a treat. What has been said is true. Art Deco decor, cheap beer, a reasonably good location- it's North Miami so there is a bit of riff-raff around- and city busses can get you to and from South Beach without much trouble.
Breakfast was included in the price when I was there last, about 5 years ago. If you go early, you can catch it again before it closes around 11, which frees up more cash for the cheap beers around the pool.
All in all a good choice for crews on some downtime.

cvg2iln
21st Feb 2011, 12:33
The Sherry is a bit of a dump. Very old and cramped poorly appointed rooms with drapes that don't fully exclude sunlight and an inadequate air conditioning system. The crew rate is nothing to write home about, especially considering the dilapidated state of the place.

Transport will be your responsibility as they don't have any. It's a good 20 minute taxi drive from the airport.

Basic breakfast is free, other than basic about $5.00.

There are much better options with well appointed modern rooms close to the airport complete with breakfast, van transportation and local eating choices.

The best answer to MIA accommodation certainly isn't the Sherry.