PDA

View Full Version : NAC Fieldmasters in Turkey?

posso
10th Feb 2011, 22:13
Can anyone confirm if the the cache of NAC Fieldmaster crop sprayers are still located at Etimesgut airport, Ankara, Turkey?

Several photos of TC-ZBC and ZBD along with a couple of unregistered examples in open storage, dated 2008 out there on the web. A flyby on Google Earth seems to show 3 of them still there, not sure how old the imagery is though.

Any info greatfully received.

Thanks in advance, Posso.

chevvron
11th Feb 2011, 11:04
Didn't even know that more than one was built.
Desmond Norman arranged for the 'official' rollout to be done at Farnborough. He flew it up from the IOW in filthy weather, and I was receiving his radio calls very faintly with no D/F. I eventually 'discovered' him at very low altitude between Basingstoke and Andover, (definitely not in a straight line between the IOW and Farnborough) but how he had got there I never knew. Obviously he'd detoured west to avoid the downs near Petersfield.

posso
11th Feb 2011, 13:15
Yup another five Fieldmasters were built when Desmond moved the operation to Wales in 1985. The rest is history..recievers called in 1988, despite efforts to restart production no luck. The manfacturing rights along with a number of the aircraft sold to an outfit in Turkey.

As for Desmonds unusual route to Farnborough, perhaps there was a good pub enroute!

Cheers, Posso.

sycamore
11th Feb 2011, 14:25
Google is your friend...

posso
11th Feb 2011, 15:11
Yes Google is indeed a useful tool..pray continue.

sycamore
11th Feb 2011, 16:20
Poss-um, if you google NAC Fieldmaster,there are links to the `Flightglobal` reports,pictures of the aircraft in Turkey from `Airliners`,and other links on other sites; you may also find a `Turkish spotters` site to find the answers....

posso
11th Feb 2011, 17:11
Yup have indeed done the Fieldmaster Google thing along with variations on the theme. Well aware the photos on Airliners etc, however most of the info is several years old.

As stated in my original post, really looking for up to date confirmation that the aircraft are still there.