PDA

View Full Version : Excemptions ?

Pace
9th Feb 2011, 19:50
I have beenn offered a position flying a Maltese reg jet on AOC work.
The AOC operation feel sure that they can get an excemption for me to fly using my FAA ATP and type rating.
I know a guy flew for a Manchester based AOC op on excemptions for five years on a Lear 45.
Anyone know anything about them?

Pace

jetopa
10th Feb 2011, 03:32
It's not the AOC holder who ultimately determines whether or not you can get a validation to fly this airplane - it's the regulating authority = the Maltese CAA (or whatever its name is).

ALFRED
10th Feb 2011, 09:19
We had, under IE reg AOCed Commercial, some FAA pilots who flew for a year under exemption, providing they would sit for the JAA ATP exam in the allocated time :eek:

Of course they almost all quit after a year...:\

Pace
10th Feb 2011, 11:31
It's not the AOC holder who ultimately determines whether or not you can get a validation to fly this airplane - it's the regulating authority = the Maltese CAA (or whatever its name is).

Realise that but thought the AOC had to apply and make a case for you?
Or rather its more likely to be successful applied for by them.
I heard you had to be on a conversion course but that the CAA could extend that for a further year? s

Pace

clivewatson
11th Feb 2011, 10:48
Pace, I believe you may be able to get a validation, but I am not 100% sure if it will apply in respect of commercial ops. Malta are advertising their register and have a web site. For private ops they will accept FAA licences, but require a European medical.

I'm sure a call the chaps in Malta will provide you with a definitive answer.