PDA

View Full Version : Jobs at Colt

ops_guru
9th Feb 2011, 15:42
Hi everyone- please be gentle as it's my first post!

Does anyone know anything about ops jobs coming up when Coltashall reopens?

Thanks,

O_G

:ok:

Runaway Gun
9th Feb 2011, 15:52
Step 1: Learn to spell the place of employment.

ops_guru
9th Feb 2011, 15:56
Whoops, not a great start!

:ugh:

cedmondson684
9th Feb 2011, 16:20
I would suggest contacting TAG aviation Stansted.

This is a Military Aircrew forum.

ops_guru
9th Feb 2011, 16:27
"...and the backroom boys and girls without whom nothing would leave the ground..."

and I seem to remember it used to be a military airfield.

Old-Duffer
9th Feb 2011, 16:35
I say Ops Guru, only a few posts and you've already got yourself into a fight!!

Have a care old boy, there are some pretty tough customers on this site and they take no prisoners!!

Anyway, from those of us with a bit of couth - WELCOME

Old Duffer

ops_guru
9th Feb 2011, 16:39
Thanks Old Duffer.

Didn't mean to upset anyone, just this seemed the most appropriate thread to post on.

I will tread carefully in future!

foldingwings
9th Feb 2011, 16:41
please be gentle as it's my first post!

Well stop asking damn fool questions then!

"...and the backroom boys and girls (Military) without whom nothing would leave the ground..."

You missed out an essential word above!

used to be a military airfield

Used to being the operative word!

Try your post here: Flight/Ground Ops, Crewing and Dispatch - PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/flight-ground-ops-crewing-dispatch-39/)

You might get a more sympathetic response!

You see, we are a bit touchy here, Colt having been one of our few remaining (but not any more) Battle of Britain stations!:{

Good Luck

Foldie:ok:

cedmondson684
9th Feb 2011, 17:02
Ouch...4 posts now! I bow down to your mighty 26.

Good luck with it O_G. Hope the steer towards TAG helps.

muttywhitedog
9th Feb 2011, 19:14
Ops Guru - to post on this particular forum, you need to have completed ISS, JOD, JOCC and every other desk-bound career-enhancing course known to mankind, otherwise you may put a comma instead of a semi-colon in one of your posts.

We can't have poor grammar on this forum - someone will "hurrumph" loudly and rustle his copy of the Daily Mail.

Oh, and by the way, good luck in your search for a job at HMP Bure International Airport!

teeteringhead
9th Feb 2011, 19:31
Don't be hard on the poor s%d .... only a proper gent like O-D knew how to treat him proper .....

.... welcome Ops Guru person

..... and did someone mention numbers of posts .....

Teeters

(ISS, B&Q, M&S [but never] S&M)

cedmondson684
9th Feb 2011, 19:51
The way the aircrew pipeline is going, it may be M&S or B&Q for a lot of us. Having done 20 years I may even go straight to 5 stars at Maccy's

Catching up with Kreuger flap...7 now :)

I am wondering if they used my old barrack block as part of HMP Bure, or did the H&S exec deem it unfit for human inhabitance. Miss Colt.

Alber Ratman
9th Feb 2011, 20:14
Ops guy in a scrap yard?? Not a chance.. If you wish to pull insulation out of dead 737s, try for a job.. Even an Ops bod can do that!

I wish Colt had still been open as I would still be in! However I just have to comfort myself that I now launch aircraft such as "Ed Force One"!:E

Rigga
9th Feb 2011, 20:57
As on E-Goat...

Likely to be pointed the right way in from NWI local.

ops_guru
18th May 2011, 17:09
Oo ye of little faith!!
:ok:

Lightning Mate
19th May 2011, 09:37
Now you've brought tears to me eyes........

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu82/Lightning_29/Coltishall.jpg

chevvron
19th May 2011, 09:55
You were lucky; on my one visit to Colt for ATC camp in '75, I had to sleep in a tent on the sports field next to the Sergeants Mess!!
One of our more 'officious' types pulled a snowdrop one day for not saluting. Every time he went through the main gate in his car after that, he was stopped and searched!

newt
19th May 2011, 10:46
You want to see it now LM!! Its a b...dy disgrace! Why do they never manage to find a use for these buildings? At least they pulled the mess down at Church Fenton for some reason. The mess at Rissington is in an even worse state!!:sad:

You can't see my room on the photo as I had to live in a Seco hut out the back!!

Lightning Mate
19th May 2011, 11:28
Wotcha Newt. :)

Couldn't agree more mate.

At least my room was at the same end as the WRAF rooms, so it was easy to sneak around............:E

You know what I mean......no names though.;)

chevvron
19th May 2011, 12:08
Visited Rissy in '91( I was admin officer for a glidng course); the USAF hospital was still in residence; I wanted to explore ways of feeding the cadets without travelling to South Cerney where we were billeted; the Officers Mess had a snack bar and was called the Officer's Club, and they were playing badminton in the main room!!

Lightning Mate
19th May 2011, 14:21
Yanks - no taste!

Chevvron:

Profile - shooting, flying

Me too mate - 2 x 30mm cannon! :E

Shack37
19th May 2011, 14:40
Wonderful thread. From a polite request for information via various ill mannered replies to a "Remember when" for ex fj (I was near the WRAF block but no names) thread. Now tell me it's only banter:ugh:

Vortex81
20th May 2011, 16:00
ell stop asking damn fool questions then!

What a lovely warm welcoming chap you are :rolleyes: