PDA

View Full Version : Work experience in an Engineering base in North West UK

TigerUK
8th Feb 2011, 17:27
Help!

My son wants to study Aerospace / or Aerospace engineering at University and needs work experience in an engineering facility in North West UK. Any you guy/s or gals got any ideas - name of Head of Engineering for Jet2 or Monarch at Manchester would be help - least that way the letter should reach the man/woman in command!

Any help much appreciated

Tiger

Halfbaked_Boy
8th Feb 2011, 17:35
TigerUK, good evening!

First off, apologies, as I'm going to be of no help whatsoever with direct regards to your query, however, might I suggest you PM a moderator (I believe 'Scroggs' mods this forum) and ask them to move this thread two forums down, to 'Engineers & Technicians', just below 'ATC Issues', where I'm sure you'll gather a better response. This forum tends to centre around new pilots as opposed to engineers!

All the best, and congrats for being a Dad who goes the extra mile :ok:

edited to say: Having glanced at the E&T forum over the recent months, I gather the general gist is a huge interest in getting apprentices (pre and post grad) onboard aviation engineering schemes, perhaps something worth passing on to your son for morale. Or better yet, get him to have a look!

TigerUK
8th Feb 2011, 19:16
HalfBaked Roy,

This is Nathan, the son here, Thankyou very much for your help, much appreciated. We have re-posted in the appropriate area.

Thankyou again!

Tiger