PDA

View Full Version : Flying opportunities around the world?

mi2ka
8th Feb 2011, 09:56
Hi, (If this is in the incorrect forum please advise, and I will re-post)
I’m relatively new to this forum but I have read a fair few threads. I’ve got a question about pilot jobs, but not in the traditional sense of airlines – in fact, I actually have very little interest about joining an airline in the right hand seat.
By the end of the summer I hope to have achieved my CPL (ME) and basic Flight Instructor rating (completed in the UK/Finland).
After this I would like to try various different ‘small’ jobs around the world (I have travelled a lot and quite honestly I do not want to settle in any particular location for too long – 3 to 6 months would be ideal).
Would anyone on this forum know of any locations where this would be possible with a CPL, Instructor Rating and about 250 hours TT? Note – Earnings need to be only sufficient enough to afford a return flight to the area (say £500) and enough to live on for the duration of the job (if even that).

bizjet inmate
8th Feb 2011, 10:53
Maun. Flying tourists around the African delta. Ive never done it, but a few of my friends did it and loved it. surf the net and look up flying in Botswana, in particular Maun. lots of brits, kiwis and aussies flying down there. (But that was 15 yrs ago)

Yeager
9th Feb 2011, 07:55
Tanzania.. Various outfits there would be potential employers.
Try the African Forum for further information on these opportunities.

Best of luck.. Always remember - You will get there. :ok:

Floppy Link
9th Feb 2011, 10:19
Re:Africa, read this (ALL of it)

http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/398077-maun-namibia-zambia-then.html

FlyTCI
9th Feb 2011, 18:22
If you really plan on switching employer every three to six months you might want to keep in mind that eventually a potential employer will look at your resume and question your previous short lived employments. Most likely they will be skeptical about offering you a job and choose someone else.

JMHO..

FlyTCI
10th Feb 2011, 12:42
aero, I understand your reasoning with the circumstances you mention. The difference, as I see it, is the OP's plan of deliberately changing employer every three to six months.

I'm not going to post anymore on this matter since this is not what the OP was asking, so I"ll leave it at that.